• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous List of drugs you CAN SAFELY trip on while on prozac and Klonopin?

Mycophile

Bluelighter
So, I take 60mg Prozac and 2mgs of Klonopin a day and they help me a lot. I really want to get off the klonopin, but it's probably only possible if i nearly completely quit caffeine (that's very hard for me honestly, and even harder cause it makes me tired, then caffeine makes me anxious so I need more klonopin etc.) and I know I'd still need the prozac for OCD type symptoms that give me really bad social anxiety.

It's just disappointing how many great drugs there are out there that you either can't safely take on SSRIs (to a much lesser extent benzos) or which will at least be weakened by them.

I have tripped pretty hard on both shrooms and acid (and Salvia Divinorum) while on these drugs, so I know those work, but i think the effects are somewhat dampened, and so many others won't work.

I've never tried RC psychedelics, never knew how to get them honestly, and always wanted to try DMT, 5-Meo DMT, Mescaline, Ayahuasca, Ibogaine, 4-Aco Dmt and many others, but you can't take some of those like Ayahuasca or Ibogaine as they could kill you by causing serotonin syndrome due to the MAOI.

So, does anyone know of any other drugs you can SAFELY trip on while on prozac and Klonopin, even if maybe the effects are somewhat dampened, where you might just need to take a higher dose??

I was told years ago on here that 4-ACO DMT is fine on those, so I'd like to try it, but I've honestly never learned how you people get your RCs, and I'm not going to ask publicly cause I know the rules.......

What about DMT? Does that work? I heard some say yes and some say no. I've heard 5-Meo DMT is dangerous to take on an SSRI. Is that true?

I THINK mescaline might work, but i can't find it.

You guys just talk about so many great drugs I want to try and every time I hear about them I just think one of 2 things or both: 1) i probably can't safely take those on my meds or they won't work 2) I wouldn't know where to find that stuff anyway LOL.

I mean honestly if I could get off both klonopin and prozac I would, but there's no way that's happening without something incredibly good at reducing OCD and anxiety to replace them. Really, even getting off Klonopin is a bitch, but the prozac I may need for life because even before I started drinking coffee (that's what really made me need Klonopin in the first place) i got HORRIBLE OCD and social anxiety and prozac made it go away, until I became a coffee drinker and that led to panic attacks and getting on benzos, so honestly, I think the prozac may be something I'm on for life. I wish I could just find natural herbs that work better, but I don't want my psychiatrist to cut me off.

Anyways, thanks.

There are a lot of drugs that will work, somewhat, but as you've observed already yes, both drugs will blunt the effects of psychedelics, and some other serotonergics, possibly most empathogens. Especially prozac (fluoxetine).

I'm loath to suggest dissociatives because I do not think that they are psychedelcs really, although many of them do have psychedelic properties - but, alas, this is effectively the form for discussion of dissociatives as well as psychedelics, so - some kind of dissociative would probably be your best bet. It it quite possible that the experience would be altered by both of the substances you're taking, prozac, perhaps, less predictable (although I would not NECESSARILY expect any particularly dangerous interactions - of course, it depends on the drug, please please, research it properly first).

However - something about your post puzzles me. Getting of klonopin is a bitch, agreed, but prozac seems to be what most concerns you. If prozac is all that you've tried so far however to manage your symptoms, it's possible there'd be another pharmacological intervention that would be at least equally effective. Although honestly, it's somewhat worthy of significant consideration whether messing with a medication that is significantly improving your quality of life - so that you can do other drugs which are by nature unpredictable and while indeed very fun to many people, may be themselves more dangerous if you have pre-existing psychological conditions that have not yet been managed (if there's even a possibility they can be managed) without pharmacological intervention. Nonetheless, there surely are options that you can look into, if you're dead-set on finding a way.

I would say though, unless you have an actual medical need for coffee - I would really ty to cut down on that. Continuing to drink enough caffeine to make you anxious and using a benzodiazepine to manage this is not really an advisable move, certain very exceptional circumstances notwithstanding. Maybe make this your step on your way to finding some kind of solution, if you can manage to cut down on coffee so that you no longer need the clonazepam, you might well find yourself more able to think about how to find a way to not be on prozac forever. Not definitely, of course, I mean, I'm not a doctor, know nothing about the details of your symptoms, etc, but from the information given I'd say it sounds like there's a good chance you have options.

Coffee.. People just can't resist. It needs to be looked at like a medication, it's reputation and usage in our world is too casual.

Personally I've been through phases I smash coffee but I've come to learn it's really best just using it on rare occasion and using black tea as a daily morning substitute at least to lower your tolerance before removing caffeine entirely.

There are a lot of drugs that will work, somewhat, but as you've observed already yes, both drugs will blunt the effects of psychedelics, and some other serotonergics, possibly most empathogens. Especially prozac (fluoxetine).

I'm loath to suggest dissociatives because I do not think that they are psychedelcs really, although many of them do have psychedelic properties - but, alas, this is effectively the form for discussion of dissociatives as well as psychedelics, so - some kind of dissociative would probably be your best bet. It it quite possible that the experience would be altered by both of the substances you're taking, prozac, perhaps, less predictable (although I would not NECESSARILY expect any particularly dangerous interactions - of course, it depends on the drug, please please, research it properly first).

However - something about your post puzzles me. Getting of klonopin is a bitch, agreed, but prozac seems to be what most concerns you. If prozac is all that you've tried so far however to manage your symptoms, it's possible there'd be another pharmacological intervention that would be at least equally effective. Although honestly, it's somewhat worthy of significant consideration whether messing with a medication that is significantly improving your quality of life - so that you can do other drugs which are by nature unpredictable and while indeed very fun to many people, may be themselves more dangerous if you have pre-existing psychological conditions that have not yet been managed (if there's even a possibility they can be managed) without pharmacological intervention. Nonetheless, there surely are options that you can look into, if you're dead-set on finding a way.

I would say though, unless you have an actual medical need for coffee - I would really ty to cut down on that. Continuing to drink enough caffeine to make you anxious and using a benzodiazepine to manage this is not really an advisable move, certain very exceptional circumstances notwithstanding. Maybe make this your step on your way to finding some kind of solution, if you can manage to cut down on coffee so that you no longer need the clonazepam, you might well find yourself more able to think about how to find a way to not be on prozac forever. Not definitely, of course, I mean, I'm not a doctor, know nothing about the details of your symptoms, etc, but from the information given I'd say it sounds like there's a good chance you have options.
You can definitely suggest dissaciatives, so why don't you?

Please also list me some psychedelics you think are likely to have the most effects. I mean, I already do know that shrooms and LSD work, and I plan on growing shrooms hopefully.

So the thing is, really it's actually getting off Klonopin (and caffeine) that "most concerns me" as far as my quality of life, it's just that I think most of us would agree that drug wise, Prozac is the one that blunts more effects and also makes for more dangerous interactions.

The thing is, I have been on either Prozac or Lexapro (some kind of SSRI) for my entire life since age 14 when I started getting OCD and social anxiety, and I'm now 42. However, I've only been on Klonopin since age 23 (and I was off it for a 9 month period at one point), so basically I almost don't know if I can function without an SSRI.

You are right about cutting down on or quitting caffeine, and it's been the bane of my existence and the reason most likely I needed Klonopin in the first place as my first horrible panic attack at age 23 that led to me getting on Klonopin was after drinking 5 cups of coffee in one sitting LOL.

For 9 years, from age 14-23, prozac was sufficient to help with the most crippling type of social OCD related anxiety that I get, and that problem didn't return till I started drinking too much coffee at age 23, so I believe if I could quit coffee I could quit Klonopin, and vice versa, because they create a cycle, since klonopin makes me tired so i want more coffee, and coffee makes me too awake and gives anxiety, so I need more Klonopin.

Lifestyle wise, it's BOTH the effects of caffeine and klonopin that mess me up, whereas Prozac only messes up my ability to take certain drugs for fun, and I'm not willing to risk what might happen if I tried to get off Prozac just to use some drugs. I mean honestly, I'm almost scared my brain wouldn't function without SSRIs after almost a lifetime on them, I don't even know what would happen, AND I'LL NEED TO BE ON SOME KIND OF ANXIETY MED TO GET OFF KLONOPIN, cause I believe if I could quit coffee I could quit Klonopin, but I still would probably need an SSRI as I didn't drink coffee at age 14 when I started getting anxiety and got on prozac. Although one thing that bothers me is that I THINK I probably was on Ritalin at that time that i first needed prozac, (all us kids got put on it, and it did jack shit for me) and I do tend to wonder if maybe perhaps that stimulant effect led to me needing prozac and if I hadn't taken Ritalin if maybe I'd never have even needed Prozac, but I honestly have no way of knowing, and it's now been 28 years on an SSRI.

One way or another, I certainly have OCD and anxiety, because no stimulant will just give you that kind of anxiety if you don't have it underlying....but it they can make it much worse.

As to your suggestion to try other medications, they all are serotonergic for the most part, whether they are SSRIs or SNRIs or whatever, or else they are benzos.

MAOIs have too many interactions, and prozac has worked for my anxiety, and I only just managed to get a new psychiatrist willing to prescribe all the different meds I need after losing my last one, and he wants me on prozac and just upped it, so yeah....way too many reasons I can't do without the prozac, and I wonder if I can even live without it.

I mean, I'd rather not be on Klonopin or drink coffee and have a better life with more energy but still need prozac than get off the prozac and stay on the Klonopin, and any drug he'd suggest replacing the Prozac with would most likely also have those same negative interactions with the psychedelics I'd like to try.

I wish i could try something like black seed oil or a natural supplement that might not interact, but i digress, because after all these years on prozac, getting off of that seems an impossibility.

I mean, what anti-anxiety meds do you know of that even exist that don't have serotonergic effects that could be used to replace prozac, especially if I got off the Klonopin I'm on like I want to?

Sorry for such a long post, but it was necessary to explain my situation.

Marijuana/hashish, and LSD but the Klonopin or any benzo will make the trip more mild or not like it should be.

Myself and many others have tripped on acid when taking prozac and the prozac did not effect the LSD experience at all or make it less mild, etc.

I know people say not to take MDMA, MDA, or any MDXX drug while on Prozac. My ex was on a high dose of Prozac and he took pure MDMA and he got super high from it and went to a massive rave for gay and bisexual men called the black party, or white party and had fun dancing, getting a massage, and being social when he is normally not like this unless he knows you. This was before we met.

Marijuana/hashish, and LSD but the Klonopin or any benzo will make the trip more mild or not like it should be.

Myself and many others have tripped on acid when taking prozac and the prozac did not effect the LSD experience at all or make it less mild, etc.

I know people say not to take MDMA, MDA, or any MDXX drug while on Prozac. My ex was on a high dose of Prozac and he took pure MDMA and he got super high from it and went to a massive rave for gay and bisexual men called the black party, or white party and had fun dancing, getting a massage, and being social when he is normally not like this unless he knows you. This was before we met.
Yes, obviously weed, and I don't think the prozac or benzos weaken it, but I can't be sure if the prozac doesn't because I was on prozac before I ever smoked, but there's no need to get higher than I get lol. Same for LSD and shrooms, I did both prior to Klonopin but after prozac, and I tripped hard on both. I actually don't believe I've taken LSD since getting on Klonopin, but I have taken shrooms since getting on Klonopin, and I'm not sure it's any weaker, but it probably is.

I mean, shrooms for me were never very visual except for the very first time, and that time I was also on prozac, but most certainly they do work.

What I've heard about MDMA/MDA is that it just isn't supposed to work on SSRIs, but not necessarily be dangerous, but that's interesting that it worked for this person you know. I wouldn't try with that at this point.

I need to know that there's not a major risk of interaction. But I have heard typtamines do work, and supposedly 4-ACO DMT being one of them as an example, though I've never tried it. I don't know how many other closely related tryptamines there are.

I get conflicting answers about DMT, some people saying it won't work on SSRIs, others saying it will, and have heard that 5-Meo DMT is dangerous on SSRIs, though I don't know for sure.

If there were any drugs I could try that I've never gotten a chance to they'd be, in no particular order: DMT, 5-Meo DMT, 4-ACO DMT, Ayahuasca, Ibogaine, Mescaline and Ketamine.

I think both Mescaline and Ketamine MIGHT work but be a bit weakened, but I've never been lucky enough to find either.

I mean, it sucks that there are so many great drugs that don't work, but there are a bunch of good ones that do, and I guess I don't really know what I'm missing as far as the others. I think maybe I could eventually get off the Klonopin over time which I'm sure would be a bitch, but i don't think my brain could handle not being on any psychiatrist meds at all. I'd still most likely need the prozac or some kind of SSRI or something.

I know some people must have some more suggestions.

Remember, I'm not asking that they have 100% potency, cause I'm aware most are dulled, but for that I'd just take more and probably still have a good experience. I'm just asking what anyone else's top psychedelics that WOULD WORK WITHOUT KILLING ME would be lol.

You can definitely suggest dissaciatives, so why don't you?
I didn't suggest dissociatives because I think they are emotionally damaging for most people in very insidious ways, and given that you are already dealing with some mental health issues I thought it might just be irresponsible. I also don't like how dissociatives are consistently grouped together with psychedelics when in my view they are in a league of their own and need to be treated differently, and probably with some more caution, in many ways. While psychedelics for the most part are self-limiting if people do not have good experiences with them, dissociatives while they have psychedelic qualities in terms of the patterns of usage that tend to manifest they have more in common with more explicitly habituating substances that tend to be treated with more caution and result in far more problematic patterns of continued use despite problems (textbook definition of addiction) but this is kind of still glossed over a little by their association with psychedelics and the fact that they are just, quite strange, and thus despite their habituating qualities and dangers these aspects fly under the radar moreso than, say, hard stimulants that people use just a little too often. Your question was also about "tripping", a term more commonly and in my view more correctly associated with true psychedelics than their dark cousins, the dissociatives.

That said, since you ask, I'd guess that ketamine would work fine, probably without any real danger. Actually when I was on sertraline for a brief time I found that it actually seemed to be somewhat protective against the negative aftereffects and emotional instability that I'd begun to experience from ketamine overuse, so this suggestion might even be more advisable on prozac than off. I did not find the effects to be significantly altered while I was on sertraline, either. YMMV, of course, caution is advised.

That is about it, however, thinking about it now. I also used DCK while still on sertraline thinking it would surely be the same, being so similar to ketamine qualitatively, but my experience was distinctly negative, for the first time in my life I honestly thought I might be experiencing serotonin syndrome, or the onset of it, and considered actually calling the emergency services. I'm very glad I didn't, but I did spend several hours curled up in a foetal position under a duvet talking to the ghost of my dead father and taking 1mg clonazepam at a time until about 5mg knocked me out and I woke up alive, and mercifully, seemingly unharmed. For this reason I would not recommend any other dissociative except ketamine - they are all too unstudied and interactions could be unpredictable. There might be a few other safe ones, but I can't say which ones, I have no idea and no desire to find out.

Tryptamine psychedelics are fine to use: DMT, LSD, psilocybin, but DXM and anything like that is not safe. Still, some people manage to take high doses of DXM without causing SS. I've been using DMT nightly for awhile and I'm on 10mg Prozac (for now, want to quit it soon), and 25mg amitryptaline. I think the latter actually makes the DXM a bit stronger. It's known to make LSD stronger, so I think that should apply to other tryptamines. Could also explain the mild HPPD I've had lately

Benzos are safe with any psychedelic, they can reduce anxiety, but also make the experience a bit less psychedelic at the same time.

Tryptamine psychedelics are fine to use: DMT, LSD, psilocybin, but DXM and anything like that is not safe. Still, some people manage to take high doses of DXM without causing SS. I've been using DMT nightly for awhile and I'm on 10mg Prozac (for now, want to quit it soon), and 25mg amitryptaline. I think the latter actually makes the DXM a bit stronger. It's known to make LSD stronger, so I think that should apply to other tryptamines. Could also explain the mild HPPD I've had lately

Benzos are safe with any psychedelic, they can reduce anxiety, but also make the experience a bit less psychedelic at the same time.
Thanks. But have you ever been on a higher dose of Prozac while using DMT and if so, how high?

10mgs is very low, whereas I'm on 60mgs, so that's a very big difference.

I have heard certain people say that they thought DMT didn't work on SSRIs.

What about 5-Meo DMT that comes from the Bufo Alvarius?

I've heard that's unsafe to mix with SSRIs, but I'd love to try it.