• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Lisdexamfetamin & coffein

Iltissig

Greenlighter
Hi everyone :)

First post here. I’ve been reading a long time here and found nearly any information I searched in already posted threads and questions. Thanks for all the work and wisdom in this forum 🙏

Now I have a question I didn’t find, here or elsewhere.

I’ve been taking lisdexamfetamin for some time now (prescribed for adhd) and before methylphenidate. As I’m late diagnosed (parents didn’t beleave in adhd and the older me didn’t find the motivation and courage to seek a diagnosis) I don’t have that much experience with pharmaceutical stimulants. But I have been taking “street” Amphetamin here and there for hedonistic reasons.

The thing is, I had the ritual of drinking a cup of coffee every morning but with lisdexamfetamin I kind of can’t anymore… I get super tired and somewhat drowsy.. and in retrospect that happened with street speed as well. I believe that could be because the speed is cut with coffein as well.
I got a tired and lethargic feeling with coffee alone but that subsided after an hour or so. With amfetamin on the other had, the tires feeeling lingers for a long time. Maybe 3-4 hours.
Is there a mechanism why? Does anybody have a similar Reaktion?

To not get so tired I am switching to coffein free coffee, even though it doesn’t taste that good 😅

Well if you are getting tired from speed in any form and caffeine it's because of ADHD, stimulants have the opposite effect on those who have ADHD. The reason it lasts longer with Vyvanse is because Vyvanse is long acting. Now if you didn't have ADHD it would wake you up and you would be wired.

Oh ok,
so it has to do with a certain dopamin deficiency? I read somewhere that coffee and stimulants can have the opposite effects for people with adhd.
I’m not complaining, vyvanse does make me more relaxed and as well brings me some peace in my head.. only the combination with coffee makes me go right back to bed..
thanks for your answer :)

Does the same principle applies to other stimulant drugs? For example mdma locks me on the couch pretty good. And I was always wondering why everyone else im with jumps around like on a pogo stick..

Oh ok,
so it has to do with a certain dopamin deficiency? I read somewhere that coffee and stimulants can have the opposite effects for people with adhd.
I’m not complaining, vyvanse does make me more relaxed and as well brings me some peace in my head.. only the combination with coffee makes me go right back to bed..
thanks for your answer :)

Does the same principle applies to other stimulant drugs? For example mdma locks me on the couch pretty good. And I was always wondering why everyone else im with jumps around like on a pogo stick..
From what I heard, it does apply to stimulants like cocaine and Methamphetamine, I'm not sure about MDMA though

The coffee potentiates the amphetamines, so that is why it puts you to bed. Now if I mixed Vyvanse and coffee I would be wired but I don't struggle with ADHD so obviously it would have a different effect on me. Personally Vyvanse is one of my favorites in the speed class of drugs.