• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

liquid morphine sulphate for IV

sleep66

Greenlighter
Hello everyone ,

I have what may be a simple question.

I have a vial of morphine for IV.

Is there any issue to take it orally ?

I assume not ?

any help would be appreciated, don't want to slam it.

have a lot of experience with tabs etc, but not liquids

Sure, you can drink it. Seems a little sacrilegious to waste a vial of morphine orally (especially if its unexpired, non-veterinary grade etc). Even myself, who hasn't injected anything for over a decade, would possibly consider injecting something like that. But I certainly understand those who wouldn't, and I certainly wouldn't recommend someone to do so if they otherwise wouldn't.

Sure, you can drink it. Seems a little sacrilegious to waste a vial of morphine orally (especially if its unexpired, non-veterinary grade etc). Even myself, who hasn't injected anything for over a decade, would possibly consider injecting something like that. But I certainly understand those who wouldn't, and I certainly wouldn't recommend someone to do so if they otherwise wouldn't.
Hmm. Is veterinary grade really that bad?

Hmm. Is veterinary grade really that bad?

No, veterinary grade isn't that bad. In fact it is often made in the same facilities and using the same standards as those used in the production of human grade medication. Oftentimes the only thing different is the label. Having once been a vet tech, and also a frequent visitor of mexican veterinary pharmacies, I've used alot of veterinary grade medications.

The reference I made to "non-veterinary grade" actually refers to a deal I made with myself years ago. In this "deal" I told myself that I could still IV drugs if I wanted to, but only on the condition that what I was injecting was in new, unexpired, non-veterinary grade, ampule or vial, made by a respectable manufacturer (i.e., not produced by some random company in Tunisia, etc). This "deal" with myself (a contract of sorts) essentially ensured that I would never be able to IV anything ever again given the rarity of ampules/vials of this nature. That's why I mentioned that I'd possibly consider it.

As a former ultra heavy-use drug addict, I don't believe in the concept of complete abstinence. I feel like those who subscribe to the idea of abstinence are the ones who suffer extremely severe relapses, because when they do use drugs again (while under the notion that total abstinence is needed), they go balls out since in their mind they've already relapsed and since they've failed by using a little bit of something, they have totally failled, and now might as well go hard and heavy since they are now "off the wagon". This is why, in part, the failure rate for rehabs and etc is so high.

So yeah, even though I haven't IV'd anything in over a decade, if, for example, if someone handed me a vial of human grade, non-expired ampule of numorphan (brand name oxymorphone) I would IV it right now.

Now, if somehow a few crates containing thousands of these came into my possession, I would need to renegotiate the "deal" to revise the terms and conditions since I don't ever want the kind of habit I used to have. Fortunately, I'll never find myself in such a condrum.

Oh damn i would love to get me some injectable morphine.
No, veterinary grade isn't that bad. In fact it is often made in the same facilities and using the same standards as those used in the production of human grade medication. Oftentimes the only thing different is the label. Having once been a vet tech, and also a frequent visitor of mexican veterinary pharmacies, I've used alot of veterinary grade medications.

The reference I made to "non-veterinary grade" actually refers to a deal I made with myself years ago. In this "deal" I told myself that I could still IV drugs if I wanted to, but only on the condition that what I was injecting was in new, unexpired, non-veterinary grade, ampule or vial, made by a respectable manufacturer (i.e., not produced by some random company in Tunisia, etc). This "deal" with myself (a contract of sorts) essentially ensured that I would never be able to IV anything ever again given the rarity of ampules/vials of this nature. That's why I mentioned that I'd possibly consider it.

As a former ultra heavy-use drug addict, I don't believe in the concept of complete abstinence. I feel like those who subscribe to the idea of abstinence are the ones who suffer extremely severe relapses, because when they do use drugs again (while under the notion that total abstinence is needed), they go balls out since in their mind they've already relapsed and since they've failed by using a little bit of something, they have totally failled, and now might as well go hard and heavy since they are now "off the wagon". This is why, in part, the failure rate for rehabs and etc is so high.

So yeah, even though I haven't IV'd anything in over a decade, if, for example, if someone handed me a vial of human grade, non-expired ampule of numorphan (brand name oxymorphone) I would IV it right now.

Now, if somehow a few crates containing thousands of these came into my possession, I would need to renegotiate the "deal" to revise the terms and conditions since I don't ever want the kind of habit I used to have. Fortunately, I'll never find myself in such a condrum.
my stash is for humans !

I agree that complete abstinence shouldn't necessarily be the only acceptable goal, vastly reducing drug use is still a worthy accomplishment. However do you not find yourself simply not desiring to use a drug anymore after a severe addiction to it? Maybe it's just me but I feel like when I've stopped using a drug it's usually because I ran it into the ground. For example, now that I',m no longer dependent on opiates I no longer want them either. If I were to IV some morphine today, I'd get all the side effects, feel nauseated, itchy, heavily sedated and probably depressed. Whatever euphoria I experienced would be heavily weighed down by all those factors. Using opiates these days just brings back bad memories of the miseries of addiction and the hell of withdrawal. There's just no way to enjoy them anymore, having been through all that.

Yes, I agree with you.