• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Liquid hydrocodone vs pill

Lostntired

Bluelighter
I was given liquid hydrocodone 7.5 - 325/15ml today for throat damage after a difficult intubation from a severe asthma attack. I'm supposed to take 15 ml 2x a day. I normally take 10-325 pills 1 every 6 hours. So is the liquid stronger than the pills?

No, the dosage is going to be standard for the most part. A dose of Hydrocodone dissolved in solution is going to be equipotent to one consumed in the form of a pill or what have you. The big difference is that Hydrocodone syrup comes in a variety of commonly prescribed forms, often with secondary and/or abuse-deterrent ingredients. Does your syrup contain any other ingredients like Homatropine for instance?

I agree with kief richards and by homatropine i believe he is refering to the syrup may contain anticholinergics or promethazine or some other drug that could make you feel sick if you consume recreational doses.

Thank you both for replying, it is just straight hydrocodone. I was just given a temp script due to issues swallowing after damage from a traumatic intubation. I am seeing an ent this week to check for damage to my vocal chords. Thank you again.