• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ethnobotanicals Lions Ear Tea

CrimsonRambeller820

Bluelighter
Hot damn is this stuff disgusting. Trying as maturely as I can to take big gulps while I write this. Holy shit. The only other thing I can remember having this bitter of a taste is extracted LSA. Except the aftertaste would linger around for much longer. Literally tears are running down my face as I chase each gulp with a cracker. These are Lion's ear by the way, not Lions Tail. I know it's very very easy to get these two confused, but Lions Tail has leaves that are more like MJ, and Lions Ear has leaves that are more like Catnip. I really don't know how much more of this I can take. I added a sweet n low packet and a Swiss miss hot coco pack and its still like one of the most bitter things imaginable. I got the flowers from a lady who has a very natural, living soil amended garden so I know it's not pesticides or anything crazy like that. I'm already starting to feel a GABA like calm so it would probably do good to finish the rest of the 20ml that's in this mug. But oh my freaking gosh man. So bitter. I've taken to smoking a joint of either just the flowers or the flowers and the green pods they come out of before an acid or mushroom trip and it's very nice. As an experiment, I had been thinking of trying tea so I did half a mug I just finally got down, and poured into instant oatmeal the other half. However, it's just too damn disgusting to be palatable. I did get the stuff I poured in the mug down, for science! I'll report back if there's any remarkable effects. It is 8:30am and there are no other drugs in my system besides 50mg Modafinil I took a little more than three hours ago

Just a light feeling of exaltation, elation, and an extremely fluid social conversational flow. Definitely feel like I'm getting along with people really good, it seems like every interaction with people I've had today were better than normal. Also, I want to say this is the most heavy I've felt "Leonorine". I believe lions tail is total bs. Lions Ear is where it's at, but it's probably alot better to smoke it than drink a heavy dose of this stiff. By an hour and a half all the physical entheogenic effects were gone. I got a significant amount of relaxation from it. I would describe it something akin to what people explain immideate cbd relief is like. It was kind of like being stoned, with no stone, like I wasn't in my head at all.; however, was very much able more so than normal to redirect my pain or think of something else

I have no idea was it lion’s ear or tail but when I did grow some, smoking it in a joint felt kind of like weed high is about to kick in but never does, if I smoked it in a bong I think it might have broke trough that initial feeling (I gave away most except those few joints I smoked so idk).

Maybe some day I’ll give it another try.

Reactions: CFC
From what you wrote, it sounds like a less pleasant but more potent version of catnip tea.

To control the bitterness, try a little pinch of sea salt as well as your sweetening compounds next time. It should help dial that down a load.

From what you wrote, it sounds like a less pleasant but more potent version of catnip tea.

To control the bitterness, try a little pinch of sea salt as well as your sweetening compounds next time. It should help dial that down a load.
Thanks for that. But I don't even think San Pedro comes close in the degree of bitterness. I doubt I would be trying it again but I really want to. I like the idea of tea because it's kind of pasturizing any of the organic bad stuff that might be hanging around the flowers. I could try grinding them up into capsules and trying that. I do think this may have potential as an oral active enthobotanical but putting any appreciable amount in tea is not the way to go. I don't mind how the smoke tastes, almost like smoking mugwort. I'm surprised that the tea was so nasty. Like I said it was like tasting pure LSA and I'll never do that again. I'm positive that if I got the half down that I poured into oatmeal the effect would be doubled plus maybe some more effects that I didn't notice during the experiment.

I have no idea was it lion’s ear or tail but when I did grow some, smoking it in a joint felt kind of like weed high is about to kick in but never does, if I smoked it in a bong I think it might have broke trough that initial feeling (I gave away most except those few joints I smoked so idk).

Maybe some day I’ll give it another try.
I'd definitely just smoke heaps of this stuff next time. Maybe let it cure in a jar regardless of how smooth I think the smoke is. Btw, I see you replying on some Lyrica threads can you msg me with advice!? Thanks!

Just tried fresh catnip myself, not a bad mild relaxant.

-GC

I remember trying catnip when I was in hight school. I had that 1970's book called Recreational Highs. It was the only book that had substances like Hydrangea, Coleus, lettuce opium, etc... Lots of botanicals that only were quickly referenced in the 70's

I did smoke those pretty orange Lions Ear flowers. I felt one hit could potentiate cannabis. But not good enough on its own as an intoxicant.

Lion's Ear and Lion's Tail felt similar to me. I don't remember which was stronger. I think it was Lion's Ear, I remember those orange flowers.

They both gave a definite high, alcohol extracted Lion's Ear especially. They were the first "smokeable" I had tried over the years which did very much.

However, "having a definite effect" and "giving a nice high" are two different things. They gave a dull kind of sedation which seems to be what all the smokeable highs do, strong enough in this case, but not particularly exciting or enjoyable.

Tried it a time or two and gave away the rest, and that's after growing a bunch.

Catnip's pretty chill, hard to entirely describe. I could envisage it being used far more frequently and widely like a regular tea since it's so mild and seems to have no downsides. The problem I have is that my plants always end up ravaged and battered from the daily onslaught of locally addicted cats lol. I could probably cover them up to stop them, but where else are they gonna go to get their daily hit if I do that?