Votes: 2 4.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. 4 stars. It loses two stars for the extreme plot holes and somewhat useless gags, and gains one because its overall message is truly "everything in moderation," as opposed to don't do drugs. Sure, he suffers nasty side effects when he starts taking a ton, but he also gets back to normal (normal on NZT) when he begins to take no more than one a day. This is rarely seen in movies.

I agree with Marisaaa that it was retarded for him to not pay the Russian Mobster back (what fucking smart guy doesn't pay back a little more than $100K when you have $12 million?), and that he makes no real attempt to make it himself. Anybody who can manipulate the stock market like that can learn organic chemistry, and considering he is rich as fuck he would have access to his own lab and whatever precursors he needs. Also, the murder was a cheap plot-device as well. It seemed like it was written and/or directed by a pretty deep guy who was under that Hollywood pressure that dumbs down movies a bit, but a lot of the genius of it still came through. It was still not a deep film, but it did ask some of the right questions. He should have remained an awesome writer instead of moving to the senate, I really don't view politics as the pinnacle of success. Oh, and the blood scene. End of criticisms.

I really enjoyed the camera work, the bleak colors when he is off NZT and the vibrant ones on it, and all of the other little tricks like the time skips and endless moving through city streets. As I said before, the moderation message made it awesome. It gets back to four stars from three simply because of this. Also, I thought it remained somewhat ambiguous whether or not he was still taking it, but the drug causing positive neurological changes would be awesome as well. It was just entertaining the entire way through, even though I believe it could have been much better.

And yes, I would very much like some NZT. No more than one pill a day, please, I am a total asshole when I black out.

i thought it was horrible. horrible writing, horrible directing, horrible acting.
the main character was an idiot and did so many stupid things for someone whose supposed to be SUPERPOWER SMART.
and there was nothing to make you care about him at all.
he sucked.
the writing sucked.
what was up with that random murder?
he couldn't figure out how to make the pills himself with all his new smartness?
he couldn't remember to pay off the russian guy who said HE WOULD KILL HIM?
o.
okay.

i usually never hate on films but this one was too bad.

I finally saw the movie, but because people don't take care of DVDs around here the very first meeting with the Russian mobster was all skipped through and I didn't get why those two met in the first place.

It was mediocre, but I wouldn't say it was horrible at all. It had good acting in it, but the writing definitely lacked. I really was bothered by the statement "I have a 4 digit IQ..." that's just too ridiculously over the top for anyone to claim. It really pissed me off that the movie started off with that statement. If Einstein could point out all the mistakes Newton made, and lay the foundations of a whole new branch of science, with an estimated IQ between 160-180, then what is stopping this asshole from discovering everything about everything if he really does has an IQ in the 1000s? You are right, though, this character isn't that cool of a guy at all. I liked Robert De Niro's speech about how he flaunts his intelligence like a trust fund baby flaunts his unearned millions. That was good acting IMO, you can't deny that.

The random murder was caused apparently by the blackout state while drunk and on NZT. It was just a device to complicate things in the plot. Also, it seemed like the drug wore off too quickly and he was constantly under too much stress from his actions and future plans to have any time to make the drug. The way the movie flowed it wasn't that surprising that he never took the time to learn to make the drug himself. He was constantly running from that creepy guy with the knife, the russian mobsters, and orchestrate the largest merger in Wall Street history, and he was totally useless when the drug's effects wore off. What time did he have to sit down in a lab somewhere?

I finally saw the movie, but because people don't take care of DVDs around here the very first meeting with the Russian mobster was all skipped through and I didn't get why those two met in the first place.

It was mediocre, but I wouldn't say it was horrible at all. It had good acting in it, but the writing definitely lacked. I really was bothered by the statement "I have a 4 digit IQ..." that's just too ridiculously over the top for anyone to claim. It really pissed me off that the movie started off with that statement. If Einstein could point out all the mistakes Newton made, and lay the foundations of a whole new branch of science, with an estimated IQ between 160-180, then what is stopping this asshole from discovering everything about everything if he really does has an IQ in the 1000s? You are right, though, this character isn't that cool of a guy at all. I liked Robert De Niro's speech about how he flaunts his intelligence like a trust fund baby flaunts his unearned millions. That was good acting IMO, you can't deny that.

The random murder was caused apparently by the blackout state while drunk and on NZT. It was just a device to complicate things in the plot. Also, it seemed like the drug wore off too quickly and he was constantly under too much stress from his actions and future plans to have any time to make the drug. The way the movie flowed it wasn't that surprising that he never took the time to learn to make the drug himself. He was constantly running from that creepy guy with the knife, the russian mobsters, and orchestrate the largest merger in Wall Street history, and he was totally useless when the drug's effects wore off. What time did he have to sit down in a lab somewhere?

de niro is obviously good.
if he was in twilight his acting would still be good.
having him in it was like idk. a desperate attempt to add something to nothing in my opinion...
i thought cooper was atrocious personally. there was no empathetic character development. i actually hated his character. he was both irritating and idiotic before and after the drug.
you're not supposed to dislike the main character at all...and think they're completley inept.
just those dumb mistakes i can't get over. I WOULDN'T FORGET THAT SHIT THAT HE DID. give me those drugs i could've done way better.

and what idiot goes to wall streetright now?. doesn't he know there's an economic crisis? the best thing would've been to learn to manufacture this and be a pharmaceutical genius or something lololol.

i guess to me, they could've done so much with this move/storyline...and they chose to do this. and that's why it irritates me..

it's like...it's like you buy a really expensive hooker. and then she shows up with no makeup on and her hair in a slopbun and sucks your dick half-heartedly.
that's what this movie was like. a half-hearted bj from an unmade hooker.

This movie was entertaining, but not much more than that. They could have done a lot more with the subject, but I think they honestly made exactly what they wanted to make. That said it was quite a bit better than most movies these days that seem like little more than a studio executive ringing a bell in a santa suit for two hours.

it's like...it's like you buy a really expensive hooker. and then she shows up with no makeup on and her hair in a slopbun and sucks your dick half-heartedly.
that's what this movie was like. a half-hearted bj from an unmade hooker.

Yess!

Bradly Cooper was amazing in this movie, compare to his other acting roles to see him serious he did a pretty damn good job. The plot was different compare to other drug related films and the filming was superb, overall 5 stars in my book.

it was semi-entertaining. the book it's based on (the dark fields by alan glynn) is, as is usually the case, superior. it really bothered me that they made it pg-13.