• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters

ChronicHD

Bluelighter
limitless_movie_poster_01.jpg

Saw this one yesterday with a bunch of friends, but we couldn't agree on what we thought. Half of the group enjoyed it, the other half hated it. We all agreed that it wasn't an amazing piece of film or anything, but I was definitely entertained by it even though I saw many obvious plot holes.

Then another group of my friends caught the later showing and were also split down the middle. What did you all think?

Link to movie review

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was a good movie. Reminded me a lot of "Jumper" to be honest. The main complaint I've heard from people was that they didn't like a lot of the filming and editing techniques. This surprised me because I thought a lot of them were really cool. In particular the parts where the camera is zooming in for ages through different city-scapes and streets. I was feeling a little nauseous at one point during that though, but was pretty stoned. I would definitely like to rewatch this movie on acid though.

I wanna get me some thallanylzirconio-methyl-tetrahydro-triazatriphenylene. Too bad its not real. I could do the clear pill everyday all day. Having a 4 digit IQ and being able to be 50 steps ahead of EVERYBODY would be the greatest thing ever. BRING ON THE "NZT"!!!

For anyone who saw it I have some questions? SPoiler ALERT!!!

How did he have the same lawyer, do lawyers show up when you get imprisoned and then the people against him had him say he'd be his lawyer, b/c if he found him on his own, that wouldn't make sense, considering that it was the same lawyer as Atwood. That's the only part I can't seem to figure out.

LOL Dude, I just saw this the other night, and I'm SOOOO pissed I didn't see it sooner. I came up with this idea for a Charlie Sheen inspired South Park, and in it cartman taps into the RC market and gets sent this awesome new drug called MephPVetamine, and he gets Charlie Sheen hooked on it with a free sample, and then they go into business marketing 'Tiger Blood' energy drink which has MephPVetamine in it- and everyone that takes it becomes super motivated and the media can't help but pay attention to them!!! LOL would that not PERFECTLY fit Unlimited or what??

I liked the movie a lot, it was really cool, drug culture folk will especially enjoy it.

Here is a link to that episode I wrote. Seriously read it, like if you are a hard core SP fan you will love it, tons of series tie ins. But it's hilarious in retrospect how well this fits the Unlimited plot line lol

(Oh, and Pablo Escobar faked his death to start the RC business in China in the plot too, that may peak some interest =p)

http://forums.southparkstudios.com/...&t=46864&sid=3d31c49027620ba7abb3c11dedf25db7

Me n everyone I've got to read it has thought it was funny as hell. Enjoy!~ my gift to you =p

Any movie that I can go see with my mom, not get too uncomfortable because of sex/language and yet have enough action that we both can enjoy it gets an A in my book.

Yeah, I definitely grade films based on their watchability with mom.

i agree with the op; i watched it with several others, and similar to the matrix; the "meaning" of the story and what effect it had on each viewer was subjective.

i personally hated the ending and thought it was a little cheesy, whereas my partner looked at me and was baffled, adding "most films i see these days have SHIT endings that leave you in a state of confusion and suspense, they at least set ease to the mind".

some friends thought it was a metaphor for meth abuse, others wondered if it was based around E/coke and its euphoric qualities, others wondered if it was highlighting an upcoming "drug" that were yet to experience, others wondered if it was a conspiracy (a drug thats been available for a long time to the higher powers, keeping them strict on their agendas); with others just enjoying the film for what it was.

im not sure to what to rate it, but would recommend it for suspenseful viewing with a substance based plot turned negative, accomplishing positives; and the ride inbetween.

....kytnism...:|

I love this movie, it is my new favorite. It has motivated me on multiple levels. <3

I have yet to see it but 2 of my cousins saw it & said they loved it, gotta check it out.

I gave it a 4 star, it was decent film, but i recall a mod sid it was ''very hollywood'' which does make sense in a way

Still top film..........

Last edited:
LOL Dude, I just saw this the other night, and I'm SOOOO pissed I didn't see it sooner. I came up with this idea for a Charlie Sheen inspired South Park, and in it cartman taps into the RC market and gets sent this awesome new drug called MephPVetamine, and he gets Charlie Sheen hooked on it with a free sample, and then they go into business marketing 'Tiger Blood' energy drink which has MephPVetamine in it- and everyone that takes it becomes super motivated and the media can't help but pay attention to them!!! LOL would that not PERFECTLY fit Unlimited or what??

I liked the movie a lot, it was really cool, drug culture folk will especially enjoy it.

Here is a link to that episode I wrote. Seriously read it, like if you are a hard core SP fan you will love it, tons of series tie ins. But it's hilarious in retrospect how well this fits the Unlimited plot line lol

(Oh, and Pablo Escobar faked his death to start the RC business in China in the plot too, that may peak some interest =p)

http://forums.southparkstudios.com/...&t=46864&sid=3d31c49027620ba7abb3c11dedf25db7

Me n everyone I've got to read it has thought it was funny as hell. Enjoy!~ my gift to you =p

Dude that sounds awsome, I would deff watch that :D... Be like the greatest SP ever lol, you should create your own cartoon lol...

I am not a film critic nor a film buff as I hate most of the crumby endings .... you know?

CONSEQUENCES = THERE ARE ALWAYS SOME THAT RESULT FROM OUR ACTIONS. THIS IS WHAT I GOT OUT OF THE MOVIE, AND YES I LOVED IT.

As a person with legit pain and happily just tapered down from 260mg oxy per day to currently 170mg per day (it took me a month and change, and quite a few benzos; 10-20mg diazepam per day + 1mg clonazepam daily) and can relate to the movie and character well.

Anyhow, the metaphors, underlying themes, etc... sure, there are several , but the main one I think is be aware and educated when putting stuff into your body cuz there will be consequences and a price to pay.

I agree with most of all of your above feedback too .... it made me really really evaluate my own life and those around me.

*****STAR Rating. All the way. I overlooked the Hollywood and other weaknesses ... it was just that thought provoking.

MUST SEE. Now.

Dude that sounds awsome, I would deff watch that :D... Be like the greatest SP ever lol, you should create your own cartoon lol...

thanks. register on the site real quick n leave a comment there saying so :) this seasons been draggin ass kinda..

Any movie that I can go see with my mom, not get too uncomfortable because of sex/language and yet have enough action that we both can enjoy it gets an A in my book.

say what?

I mean, I get it. it's always nice to be able to enjoy a movie in the theater with my mom. I've made so many mistakes when choosing a movie (or accidentally choosing) with the fine lady in question. the two most offensive offenders that come to mind is Blue Velvet and The Hills Have Eyes. both... such bad ideas in so many ways

however, funny thing to say lolol

It was going great until around the end. The whole part with the blood was ridiculous. And the happy ending was totally out of place and ignored all the negative symptoms he experienced throughout the film. Book was way better.