Let's talk about BREAKS baby!

I was WAY into plump djs when i first got into breaks. now not so much.

I still think a Plump Night Out is one of the best collections of tracks ever.

Bumper, The Push, and Scram still give me the chills.

They started taking a steady nosedive with Eargasm though.

scram is a great tune. i also like their remix of orbital - funny break

I've recently been getting back into aquasky's older stuff, which is still some of the best breaks out there in my opinion. ("overneath" "good sound", remix of labrat's backdraft, etc.) I was at a burningman decompression party this last year and someone played Slyde -Kiss kiss bang bang and then Factor E - Swingpunk (Aquasky and Masterblaster mix) and the place was rocking like crazy through both those tracks. They'll never grow old.

General Midi's older stuff is also great.

What did people think of rogue element's "rogue rock" album? I freaking love the "Calm" track.

It is my all time favourite breaks producer full length album.

calm is great sick. I caned the shit out of that tune last year. I really liked the vandal (i think) remix of rogue rock too. and dead drummer is so sick. and SUKDAT (although the instumental version is a lot better imo).

Oh, and speaking of plump djs, Mad cow is a great track, I like how its a little slowed down and actually feels/sounds like a cow with mad cow disease. LOL.

whew! DJ Pote - Limite

TUNE! I'm really feeling that old school vibe. anyone got recommendations in a similar vein? high energy, darkish but still a bit of funk. so sick

I've seen Icey play some killer sets.

Not so big on his productions though.

Gotta mention Uberzone.

I've loved pretty much every album he's done.

how can you not be into plump dj's!?!?! :(

btw, im really diggin' this thread! there's great music in here!

Plump DJ's WERE amazing.. but now that make and play terrible "electro"-house

Their remix of Orbital - Funny break, is still one of my fav breaks tracks.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tipper, he makes some of the most stunning breaks i have heard in quite some time.

Tipper is all over the map.

Critical Path, Surrounded, Holding Pattern...all very different records. All very good though.

I just rebought his mix of Eurostar. Love the bassline on that.

not crazy about tipper personally. a bit too glitchy and out there for me.