• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

let's have a writing workshop

L2R sold my son bath salts that's why his essay is tainted.

me words is forged in the fires of mount doodoo. you must first sacrifice ten virgin goats to ride.

I sold my goats for grain.

And my crops have been taken plowmen.

There must be some "kinda" way out of here. Comment on my story, you bloody drongo.

hey guys, sorry for the lack of participation in the last week(s). i went through the worst cold detox of my life (heavy alcohol/GHB intake) and tonight was the first time i can even write a coherent sentence, after ingesting some much needed diazepam. first time i went to an ER because of WDs also.
sorry guys, this was shitty timing, i'll definitely read thujone's and thou's stories and post a critique in here if that's okay. and then whatever else was posted, i'll try to do one of these things tonight but i've slept the princely amount of 3 hours in the last 48. i dunno when i'll start making (halfway) revelant submissions again, but the worst of this should've blown over in a week.

Last edited:
My stories done.

I sent it off to bossman for approval, no sense in another wasted week. We'll see if 4EA gets of his ass and approves it.

KIDDING.

He's done more for me in these past few weeks than both parents I was burdened with have done in 27 years. Encourage a talent, what a marvelous and alien notion!

Thanks Forever.

He's done more for me in these past few weeks than both parents I was burdened with have done in 27 years.

I am your father. Search inside yourself. You know it to be true.

Workshop Thread #6 - "Night Terrors" by Thou

xxxyyy,

No need for apologies, Monkey Fucker.

We, at Bluelight, understand you have a choice when it comes to forums dedicated to drug-fucked ramblings and we appreciate your loyalty.

Week 1 ( 9/7-15/7 ) - Max Power / xxxyyy
Week 2 ( 16/7-22/7 ) - ForEverAfter
Week 3 ( 23/7-29/7 ) - thujone / Thou
Week 4 ( 30/7-5/8 ) - Thou / L2R
Week 5 (6/8-12/8 ) - DamagedLemon / Volunteers?
Week 6 (13/8-19/8 ) - ForEverAfter
Week 7 ( 20/8-26/8 ) - CoffeeDrinker / Volunteers?

Last edited:
What the fuck? Where did that come from?

I honestly didn't know you'd posted.

So there are 2 workshop # 6's, for the time being. My bad. I will comment on both and rename Thou's #7 when I archive it. Forgive me!

Last edited:
Scott 1

Lefty 0

lol I'm rereading your essay now I usually give feedback the end of the week as to fully digest the piece. I'm finding this to be a similar action most take.

You got a head start so you'll probably get a bit more feedback than me, so count your blessings, darling.

i found a short essay i wrote some while back and it's one of my better ones. if you want to treat it as a workshop submission i'd like that, but since it wasn't specifically written for it and is really short (500 words) i have no problem is you decide to not use it. it's pretty vitriolic, and was the response to a girl i had a pretty big crush on blowing me off because she thought i wasn't masculine enough (she didn't say it outright, but it was pretty fucking clear). if you guys think i should simply post it in a thread independent of this workshop (or not post it at all), i'll delete this post and do so.

link

If anybody wants to make any suggestions, regarding how the workshop threads are working (or not working), please do. There are a couple of issues I've been made aware of recently.

L2R said that the threads are archived too quickly. The bulk of feedback often doesn't arrive until the weekend - the last two days of the workshop. I think it makes sense to extend it. We should do fortnightly workshops.

I'd also like to open the workshop up to poetry submissions.

Week 1 ( 9/7-15/7 ) - Max Power / xxxyyy
Week 2 ( 16/7-22/7 ) - ForEverAfter
Week 3 ( 23/7-29/7 ) - thujone / Thou
Week 4 ( 30/7-5/8 ) - Thou / L2R

Fortnight 1 ( 6/8-19/8 ) - DamagedLemon / ForEverAfter
Fortnight 2 ( 20/8-2/9 ) - CoffeeDrinker / Volunteers?
Fortnight 3 (3/9-16/9) - Volunteers?

xxxyyy said:
i found a short essay i wrote some while back

I don't think that qualifies as an essay. It's more like a diary entry. Very difficult to workshop something like that. I'd prefer it if you provided us with another option. You could turn it into an essay, or a piece of fiction. Or you could write something else entirely.

Since there was only one person for week 5 (DL) and one for week 6 (me), I combined them into a fortnight. I probably won't have my submission ready until next week sometime. But I will get it up for this round of workshop. If you'd like, xxxyyy, I can slot you in Fortnight 2 with CoffeeDrinker. That will give you some time to either extend what you have or produce something new.

Last edited:
sounds good to me.
yeah i know it hardly qualifies, i'd completely forgotten that i'd written that until the girl who sparked the creation of that drunken rant called me out of the blue two days ago amidst a massive diazepam and baclofen binge. it turns out that it was oddly prophetic, and one of the strangest calls i ever received, i hadn't heard from her in 1 1/2 years.
i'm pretty much done with the withdrawal, even though still depressed and listless, i think i may write a very autobiographic piece about alcoholism. i'm not sure yet.

edit: i told her quite unambigously to fuck off.

Last edited: