• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Lets create the Ultimate Cannabis Grading Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

frizzantik

Bluelight Crew
Ok, people often refer to quality of the pot they are smoking with a local slang name. Lets create a grading scale that people can be clear about the type of pot they are smoking.

This is a scale i've made up:

F - Dirt brown seedy stemmy nasty powder

D - almost green seedy stemmy nasty buds

C - green seedy stemmy buds

B - green with very few seeds, if any. Some hermie buds, poor cure/taste/smell/burn - most commercial green buds (such as beasters) go here. Also A looking buds that aren't as potent as they ought to be

A - no seeds, excellent cure/taste/smell/burn/high etc

You can add on to the descriptions, give local slang names for a grade or come up with your own scale. Be as descriptive as possible. Perhaps there need to be more divisions of the better end the scale, perhaps not. Ideas?

Last edited:
Gr8 idea, but yeah, the higher side needs more seperation...I scored some herb that'd be "A" grade, but I've smoked stuff that makes this seem to pale in comparison.=D

Yeah, grade A should be what's commonly known as 'one hit shit'.

There should be more categorical grading of the high the buds produce as well, coz I'm sure that like many of you, I have smoked stuff that looked fairly rat shit, but was pretty amazingly strong. Correspondingly there have also been attractive looking buds that haven't been that potent.

Perhaps there could be a separate grading system for the high produced, from 1 - 5, where 1 is the best. So A1 stuff would be really nice looking incredibly potent weed, while F5 would be complete shit.

Anyway, just an idea if we are striving to produce the ultimate rating system. Perhaps we could use a pill-reports like system for grading the chron as well. ;)

Cheers.

-plaz out-

I love that idea Plaz...A1-F5, great, descriptive.

Good idea Frizz!!!

Not so sure about having A as 'one hit shit' as that would be classifying on strength only. Shouldn't the type of high, flavour smell and look come into play when getting an A?

that is a cool idea. What if instead of using 1-5, which is a lot of numbers and leaves a lot of room for interpretation, you used A-, A, A+, to stay with the school grading theme. It would be funny anyway.

Frizz, I would suggest an A+ Grade as well, for the best of the best, the true one hit wonders of the growing world. There are a few true horticultural works of art out there. The purple haired, dark green Indica, skull crushed off of one hit stains.

Looks/smell:
F: Dirt brown, seedy shake, no smell or rotten smell

D: Green seedy shake/small buds, stemmy. Slight smell

C: Green Seedy stemmy buds. Slight smell

B- : Nice green bud with a lot of seeds. Smells like weed

B : Nice green bud with moderate seeds. Stronger smell of weed.

B+ : Nice green bud with few seeds. Very strong smell, or very good smell.

A-: Very good bud with no seeds, not really frosted over. Fruity smell or just plain good.

A: Very good bud with no seeds, can see the crystals. Same smell as above, stronger.

A+: Very good buds, coated with crystals. Same smell, different than just B shit.

H(honor, higher than A): Best bud ever, completely frosted and looks so good you can get off from it. Smells like heaven and makes your mouth water.

Now i know smell doesnt determine everything but people would complain withouth a smell section(and it doesnt deserve a seperate one).

High:
1: Only takes a few hits.Very good, long lasting, no noticeable side effects after high is gone.

2: Takes more than a few hits. Very good, long lasting, some sleepyness after effects are gone but not bad.

3: Takes more than a few hits. Good high, lasts enough, sleepyness when effects are gone.

4: Takes a lot of hits. Alright high, lasts almost enough, makes you feel pretty crappy afterwords.

5: Can smoke a 1/4 and not get anyhting but a headache and just feel crappy.

Also since i know some highs are more body like and others are more heady.. you can denote that like:
h: heady b: body m: mixture(both)

So, if i have some frosted over weed with a lower, but very nice smell, and an excellent heady high i might say that it is:
A+1h, A1h+ or whatever looks better.
If i have some brown shit that looks like crap and barely gets me high i might say:
F4.5

now ofcourse the + and - along with h,b,m shoudl be used with hgiher quality stuff.

What does everyone think? we should all agree on somehting and then set it as a standard so people dont say "Which is better, shwag or chron" or "Dank or chron" "Buds or beasters"

i think its very informative and should please everyone, feel free to make any changes

looking good.. though i'd like it not to get too complex. pot is by its nature very variable.. buds from the same plant and offer different highs depending on when they're harvested. the scale will be used mostly to get a rough idea of what other people are smoking, not just 'regs'

Last edited:
I desperately want to make some kind of wisecrack about doing E in school - but everything I am coming up with is hella cheesy... :(

--- G.

My scale would be something along the lines of:

Poor: Light buds, no bulk, kinda stringy, browny-green colour. The odd seed and lots of leaf around the bud from poor manicuring.

Medium: Nicely formed buds with bulk to them, no seeds, green colour but lacking in crystal coverage.

High: Chunky buds, colour ranging from pale green to silvery tone, well manicured and thick cover of crystal.

I don't know about scales but there is some serious 1 hit hydroponic called BC bud in Canada that is light green with red and gold "streaks" through it and no seeds. Very strong smell. Great stuff. Actually a lot of high grade hydro up here.

I like this scale for the high aspect (thanks uisgdlyast for the ideas which i heavily modified :) ):

5: Makes you wish you hadn't smoked. Headaches, tiredness, no real high.

4: Short high that makes you feel pretty 'burnt out' (ie tired, with that slight headache feeling)

3: Shorter high that has no come down, or longer lasting high that makes you very burnt out when you come down.

2: Long lasting, slight burnt out feeling but not overpowering come down.

1: Long lasting high. No noticable come down, you just become sober again.

If the pot makes you paranoid/anxious or generally gives you bad feelings, add 1 to the score. If you really enjoy the high from the pot, subtract 1 from the score. You can't really go higher than 5 but you can get a 0 if the shit is just off the hook.

now combine this with the letter scale for appearance or "bag appeal"
F - Dirt brown seedy stemmy nasty powder

D - almost green seedy stemmy nasty buds
[in the US this is usually where mexican brick is placed]

C - green seedy stemmy buds
[in the us, this is where where 'mids' or 'regs' are commonly placed]

B - green with very few seeds, if any. Some hermie buds, poor cure/taste/smell/burn
most commercial green buds (such as beasters) go here.

A - no seeds, excellent cure/taste/smell/burn/high etc.
Most home grown and other fine cannabis goes here.

So if you got the sack of super sticky crystally awesome high only comes around once a year buds it'd be A0 . Most average style super doper pot is A1 to A2. A lot of beasters is B2 or B3, though ive had A2 beasters or B4 beasters :/

more ideas?

i agree, not too complex.
The above one looks good, plus people will soon forget what the numbers and letters really mean and just put A1 for any really good stuff they get.

hey all.. i'm new so I don't really want to be telling you how to do things... well not just yet anyway ;)

but what about the difference between hydro and bush and maybe even skunk?

hey thx for the warm welcome :)

but i think u misunderstood me (drugs do that ;) ).. i know the diff between hydro, bush and skunk.. i was refering to whether this scale should apply to hydro, bush and skunk individually cause they are all inherently different to start with or should the scale be expanded to cover the different growing techniques?

it depends on how well the bud was grown and treated. if it's sick hydro it goes in the A category.. if it's commercial hydro it might go in the B category. the point of the scale is to avoid the confusion surrounding slang terms :)

Status
Not open for further replies.