• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Less water = Greater rush, truth or myth?

READ: I searched. I found a thread asking this question, but it got closed for arbitrary reasons. Before it was closed it seemed there were conflicting opinions but no conclusion.

It got closed for very solid reasons. This thread is a much better idea than the one you found. You are not insinuating things like, IVing water can reverse an opiate overdose (this is obviously not true).

I believe that less water can help you make your shot easier, especially if you are new to IVing, and are less likely to make a shot if you have a long way to plunge.

However it's about the same to me. I just personally prefer less water because there's less time I am injecting overall.

May I just add that to me the more water you use to absorb the drug the more surface area the binders fillers talc and substance your after are exposed to. Therefore the more chance for said drug to be dissolved in the water.

And yes tweakers the reason there is still dope on the spoon when your done is because a 1/4 gram is hard to fit in 10 units of water.....

Also what the fuck is with all this "oh I missed 20% of my shot" How in baby jesus name can you not tell if your in? I mean seriously once you start to push that mother down your hand should be locked in place/supported and steady. I have never once went "oh that burns but the first 80 units were good so ill just abcess this last 20" WTF!!!!

Sorry and thankyou

Subcutaneous injections are not abscesses. Abscesses are collections of pus as a result of an underlying infection.

Also, if you are injecting something like cocaine, or meth, it really is easy to get most of the shot in, have your vein start to shrink, and then you may miss the rest. I don't have this problem, but a lot of other people tend to have it. I don't IV cocaine or meth now a days though.

Sometimes you won't feel a burning sensation when you miss your shot, especially if it is filtered well (i.e. micron filtered) - the more impure a shot is, the more it tends to sting when you missed. Some drugs like cocaine or meth, also tend to sting/burn upon missing.

Captain I know what an abcess is.....thank you. It was a gross over exaggeration to make a point.
And as for shrinking veins..... if you have a long tip all the way in even with stims missing shouldn't happen. If so I think a 10 pack and a cup of sterile water and some practice is in order.....I don't have this problem either and I use "little" veins and "LOTS" of water.

You think a micron filtered shot of coke or meth wouldn't burn before it(coke) numbed you?

Also what is your take on more water=more surface area/chance for absorption? opioids mostly and also the 7.5 unit meth shot...

Maybe my flow is slow but I've never been rushing so hard that I can't finish properly. Although with coke I can understand. Anything else and someone needs to practice or go back down the ROA ladder to a rung more suitable.

ok my posts are getting erased because of a lack of bandwith or w/e for the site but this thread is still open?? c'mon people.. it doesn't matter how much water, as long as it is the same amount of dope.. that extra 3 seconds of injecting isn't going to make a huge difference in the rush.. can we all agree to disagree?? this thread is all opinions. and we will never get a definite answer with this.

never thought ab out it but I remember always wanting to get a lot of water because it was too hard to see the red on the pullback. I also thought I'd clog my veins quicker too if I didn't dilute as much as possible.

I also thought I'd clog my veins quicker too if I didn't dilute as much as possible.
The opposite is actually true. The more you dilute the more fillers get in and clog up the blood vessels in your lungs.

Captain I know what an abcess is.....thank you. It was a gross over exaggeration to make a point.
Sorry, I don't mean to be redundant. Some people make mistakes about this, so we like to make sure people know what's up, so I am glad that I don't have to explain anything else. :)

And as for shrinking veins..... if you have a long tip all the way in even with stims missing shouldn't happen. If so I think a 10 pack and a cup of sterile water and some practice is in order.....I don't have this problem either and I use "little" veins and "LOTS" of water.

You think a micron filtered shot of coke or meth wouldn't burn before it(coke) numbed you?

Also what is your take on more water=more surface area/chance for absorption? opioids mostly and also the 7.5 unit meth shot...

Maybe my flow is slow but I've never been rushing so hard that I can't finish properly. Although with coke I can understand. Anything else and someone needs to practice or go back down the ROA ladder to a rung more suitable.

Cocaine and meth sting due to the active ingredient itself; my comment was more directed to the inactive ingredients.

As for your comment on long tips; I only need to use part of a short tip when IVing, so if I put a long tip all the way in, I would surely puncture through both sides. If you have veins that are deeper then I think I know what you are talking about, but that has never been my experience.

The opposite is actually true. The more you dilute the more fillers get in and clog up the blood vessels in your lungs.

Your reasoning behind this would be that, some inactive ingredients will not be 100% soluble unless you use enough water. Therefore, the less water you use, there will be slightly less inactive ingredients that won't be absorbed by the water.

This is a great idea, except I wanted to make an exception.

When micron filtering something with corn starch, there is a good reason for why you want to use enough water and allow the corn starch to fully congeal in water (this means you give it time to fully dissolve, DO NOT add heat). Corn starch as an inactive ingredient ranges in particle sizes from 0.1um to 0.7 um. In water, it expands, to the point where it will be completely filtered out with a 0.22um micron filter.

If you don't allow the corn starch to fully congeal in the water, then any particles < 0.22um which haven't expanded in water, can theoretically make its way past the 0.22um layer of pores on a 0.22um micron filter.

If you aren't micron filtering, then the corn starch will pretty much not be directly filtered out due to 0.7 um being much smaller than compacted cotton pores (50um).

Last edited:
@CaptainH: I didn't mean to imply there wasn't sound reasoning behind the closure of the other thread, just that the reasons for closure were irrelevant to this thread. Apologies.

Thanks for chiming in w/ the information about the cuts / corn starch when filtering. Your knowledge is rather impressive ;)

^A very good point regarding swelling compounds before filtering Captain. I had not taken that into consideration.

It makes a difference when you get into bigger cc capacity syringes, I use ten cc syringes so there's a lot more water but still the difference isn't that much. But with 1st and under it doesn't really make a difference.

how much water do you use in total, on an average shot?
on an average shot i use about 10 water. depending on how much stuff ive got at the time, i use 5. i try and make it a point to not use more than 15 max. personally i find less is best, but thats just me. everyones different. i love my little big shots.

how much water do you use in total, on an average shot?
on an average shot i use about 10 water. depending on how much stuff ive got at the time, i use 5. i try and make it a point to not use more than 15 max. personally i find less is best, but thats just me. everyones different. i love my little big shots.

When thinking about the question of this thread another one came to mind thats kind of along the same line: The faster you push the shot in=the better the rush? I have come across this alot. Some users feel that the faster they push their shot in the better of a rush they will get. But I have read that it is not safe to inject quickly and thats its safer to do it slowly. Safer for your veins. especially if your a tounaquite user who doesnt losen it before you inject. Then I know other users who feel doing it slowly gives a better rush. In my personal experience I didnt find one way to be better than the other and I seem to push my shots in at I would say a medium speed. Not too fast and not too slow.
How do others feel about this and what is the safest speed to inject a shot?

Last edited:
urban myths abound with iv use... which is really scary... shooting fast is a completely retarded idea, ive also encountered this but knew from day 1 it was completely retarded. also a lot of people cook the fuck out of their shots, and other nonsense thinking it gets them higher, but only kills them quicker.

the safest speed to inject is as slow as possible without missing the shot. in reality doing it over a full second or two is what i do/did. sometimes a lot slower if its a sketchy shot like with MS contin.

Right, which I'm about 90% sure I agree with too. I thought surveying IDU's of all walks of life would help clarify the truth (or lack of) behind this claim as it considers more factors than my own.

Any methamphetamine users out there have an opinion on this?

not a current user but have been booting meth going on 6 years now. there were certainly some characters in the scene i was involved with which believe the less water = better rush

although how much weight would determine the amount of dilution i always like to use as little as possible. ie 20 units for 1-300mg or 50-60units for a half gram.

I can only speak from my own experience and limited knowledge, but it seems a bit daft to cram as much dope as you can into 10 units of water. As someone mentioned the difference in the amount of travel time to the gray matter is only the difference in how much longer it takes to push the contents out. The onset of the rush is longer than the millisecond we are talking about, so the only difference might possibly be that our rush is increasing towards the peak at a higher rate. The peak remains the same.

I've been hearing this so-called truth for years and across continents, so I have actually put it to the test myself with coke, meth, heroin#3, and heroin#4. The only one that stands out as being a blast was the bell-ringer from the coke after a long break. My meth shots are around the half gram mark, and I've stirred up some pretty soupy, thick solutions a few time to the point capacity of the 20 units of water was maxed out. The biggest effect of this was the pain it was to draw up, but I'd imagine a miss might well feel damn painful. In fact, I'd contend that using less water is probably more dangerous. A near miss becomes almost a full dose. The thicker solution is more caustic causing vein walls to be more damaged. Heaven forbid you're in the habit of doing this and your gear is cut with a nasty surprise. The damage will be done before you know what happened and your on a stretcher.

In my experience, this tale surrounds meth more than other drugs. When slamming heroin, I've never had a discussion about the amount of water whereas meth users can talk about it for so long they need another shot. Unless someone can point me to some credible scientific arguement that's plausible, I'm going with bs on this one.

Depends on tolerance.

You have a low tolerance, you can dilute a small shot and still get excellent results. However if you have a high tolerance, diluting your shot can leave you with two shots worth of solution, ruining chances of a decent rush. Just be careful, the only time i really almost OD'ed while IVing was when i was 'un-diluting' cocaine. I would used water with cocaine dissolved in it to dissolve more cocaine. Lets just say it's difficult to judge potency like this because you don't know what cuts in the coke may or may not be diluting the amount of dissolved cocaine.

Just be careful, don't do anything stupid. Know the potency and know your limit.

I have quite the same experience. I’ve ODed from IV cocaine a couple of times and the majority were when I did just this.

Dilution doesn't matter. If you put 20mg of drug in a syringe, it's still there whether you use 0.1mL of water or 100mL. as lomg as the whole solution is injected, it all gets in the body.