• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Lemon to convert #3 to snortable

that looks more solid than i've seen it- we'd get lumps but they would be easy to break into powder. does it crumble easily? i never found the colour to be a good guide to quality and no one here will be able to help you identify exactly what you have through a picture.

what happens when you heat it on foil? just try a little bit. does it melt into quite a rich brown quite thick liquid then vapourise with that characteristic smell?

that looks more solid than i've seen it- we'd get lumps but they would be easy to break into powder. does it crumble easily? i never found the colour to be a good guide to quality and no one here will be able to help you identify exactly what you have through a picture.

what happens when you heat it on foil? just try a little bit. does it melt into quite a rich brown quite thick liquid then vapourise with that characteristic smell?
I have a whole topic regarding smoking it, problem is, I smoked 5 grams in a night and felt nothing

Then answer is yes, it becomes brown liquid, vaporises and tastes like the #3 heroin I smoked in NL. Also smells vinegar.

I am just wondering if there is some opiate analogue that only works when injected. This thing only causes me some sedation, but I don't feel euphoria.

I always thought heroin would feel like a hug of the girl you love (others describe it like a being wrapped with cotton so this is what I equate it with in my mind hahaha)

there does seem to be a subset of people for whom heroin just isn't recreational. it sounds like you might be in that subset. i don't know of any opioid that would only effect you injecting.

honestly if its not doing anything for you, draw a line under it and stop. its not a world you want to enter. no matter how difficult you are finding life right now (i'm assuming you're not in a great place mentally if you're fucking about with heroin), this is not a way to make it better. it will get worse.

i have experienced the feeling you describe, a warm and safe euphoria, but honestly with i'd felt the same as you. i.e. nothing. that way i'd have been less likely to fuck my life up to the extent i did. the few times i've used in recovery its done nothing for me even though i knew from the way it behaved that is was decent shit so i certainly think mental state and expectations play a role in how it makes you feel. i'm glad it did nothing, helped me shut the door.

there does seem to be a subset of people for whom heroin just isn't recreational. it sounds like you might be in that subset. i don't know of any opioid that would only effect you injecting.

honestly if its not doing anything for you, draw a line under it and stop. its not a world you want to enter. no matter how difficult you are finding life right now (i'm assuming you're not in a great place mentally if you're fucking about with heroin), this is not a way to make it better. it will get worse.

i have experienced the feeling you describe, a warm and safe euphoria, but honestly with i'd felt the same as you. i.e. nothing. that way i'd have been less likely to fuck my life up to the extent i did. the few times i've used in recovery its done nothing for me even though i knew from the way it behaved that is was decent shit so i certainly think mental state and expectations play a role in how it makes you feel. i'm glad it did nothing, helped me shut the door.
Thanks for your answer and I appreciate the concern

water solubility is not a prerequisite for a drug to be snortable.
Before joining the forum I would use the search function to read on this matter, and there are many topics where it is suggested that #3 needs to be water lined after having been mixed with an acid to turn it into hcl from freebase. But at this point I doubt my gear was even heroin so doesn't matter

Before joining the forum I would use the search function to read on this matter, and there are many topics where it is suggested that #3 needs to be water lined after having been mixed with an acid to turn it into hcl from freebase. But at this point I doubt my gear was even heroin so doesn't matter
Waterlining is more of a black tar heroin thing. It's done because it's in the form of a black soft (sometimes not so soft) lump, which is impossible to snort. It doesn't need to be mixed with an acid however. I believe quite many people are just confused about which form is which and how they have to be processed.

I'm not sure about the mechanics but it is, i have snorted it 100s of times. In the Netherlands, France, Luxemburg and Switzerland
hmm interesting. Whether it works or not, you'd water solubility would at least help b/a...

I have a whole topic regarding smoking it, problem is, I smoked 5 grams in a night and felt nothing

Then answer is yes, it becomes brown liquid, vaporises and tastes like the #3 heroin I smoked in NL. Also smells vinegar.

I am just wondering if there is some opiate analogue that only works when injected. This thing only causes me some sedation, but I don't feel euphoria.

I always thought heroin would feel like a hug of the girl you love (others describe it like a being wrapped with cotton so this is what I equate it with in my mind hahaha)
Sounds like you're describing fentanyl, the sedation minus the euphoria is a telltale sign

Some drugs take time too. I found valium and morphine didn't feel much more than mildly sedative at first. Certainly didn't match my expectations, which were likely based on pop culture references and a comparison to other, not at all similar drugs.

It seemed to take a bit of fine tuning before certain effects became apparent, which is not to say I wasn't affected, those effects just were not immediately recognisable to me. Eventually, like one of those magic eye pictures, I saw something groovy.

If that is the case with the OP and heroin, maybe it's better not to develop a taste for it. Even at €40 for five grams, that cut to fuck heroin is way overpriced.

You don't need an acid to make it snortable. It's good to snort as it is.
You cannot snort it, #3 is not water soluble so snorting will be ineffective

Yes you could use lemon juice and believe you will avoid the dangers associated with injecting it. Not sure however if lemon juice will be consistent as an acidifiying agent though

However again why would you? Just get vit c powder or use white vinegar. Crushing a vit C tablet is a terrible idea, they tend to have all kinds of other shit in them which is basically just you cutting your own drugs and probably screwing up the process of converting into a salt because you're just bulking the mixture with other stuff

Use the pure ascorbic acid powder or again white vinegar

You cannot snort it, #3 is not water soluble so snorting will be ineffective

Yes you could use lemon juice and believe you will avoid the dangers associated with injecting it. Not sure however if lemon juice will be consistent as an acidifiying agent though

However again why would you? Just get vit c powder or use white vinegar. Crushing a vit C tablet is a terrible idea, they tend to have all kinds of other shit in them which is basically just you cutting your own drugs and probably screwing up the process of converting into a salt because you're just bulking the mixture with other stuff

Use the pure ascorbic acid powder or again white vinegar

I didnt say it wasn't snortable, I said it wasn't effective

I have also snorted #3 heroin and it isnt very effective so regardless of the arguments that can be made for lipid solubility etc. Its still a wasteful practice to advise

Edit: fine I did say you cant snort it, but allow me some license. The gist is dont snort it because its a waste of time

Last edited:
I didnt say it wasn't snortable, I said it wasn't effective

I have also snorted #3 heroin and it isnt very effective so regardless of the arguments that can be made for lipid solubility etc. Its still a wasteful practice to advise

Edit: fine I did say you cant snort it, but allow me some license. The gist is dont snort it because its a waste of time
There are some drugs that are meant to be taken sublingually and they're highly lipophilic. Methyltestosterone is one example that comes into my mind. It has got about 70% bioavailability when taken orally and slightly higher when taken buccally or sublingually. It shouldn't be any different when snorted. If you Google "methyltestosterone sublingual bioavailability" you can easily find studies about it.

I have snorted #3 about 20 years ago when i wasn't skilled at smoking It on foil. Also i hadn't picked up a needle habit back then. But it did produce notable effects. Surely it's not ideal but I wouldn't say that it's waste of time.

There are some drugs that are meant to be taken sublingually and they're highly lipophilic. Methyltestosterone is one example that comes into my mind. It has got about 70% bioavailability when taken orally and slightly higher when taken buccally or sublingually. It shouldn't be any different when snorted. If you Google "methyltestosterone sublingual bioavailability" you can easily find studies about it.

I have snorted #3 about 20 years ago when i wasn't skilled at smoking It on foil. Also i hadn't picked up a needle habit back then. But it did produce notable effects. Surely it's not ideal but I wouldn't say that it's waste of time.
Its a waste of time when option two for the OP is to convert it to a salt and snort it...

Its a waste of time when option two for the OP is to convert it to a salt and snort it...
Did you read my response? There's no reason to assume #3 is any less effective when snorted without salting it.

I respect your opinion but i disagree with you. I have first hand experience snorting #3 and It works. Converting It to a salt form isn't gonna make a difference. Surely it will be equally effective but converting it is pointless.

Did you read my response? There's no reason to assume #3 is any less effective when snorted without salting it.

I respect your opinion but i disagree with you. I have first hand experience snorting #3 and It works. Converting It to a salt form isn't gonna make a difference. Surely it will be equally effective but converting it is pointless.
Except based on the fact that almost all people find the base ineffective when snorted and that almost all people who do snort heroin to any effect snort the salt (ie Americans). I'm sure there is a pharmacological reason regarding the difference in absorption between the base and salt, I dont need to know what that is to know that one works better than the other