• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Legs hurt after shooting meth?

Skyeyes13

Greenlighter
Okay so I am relatively new to amphetamine use. I had a hardcore addiction to opiates that I broke by myself but recently I started a new job with a co-worker I was carpooling with who has been a hard core daily meth user for almost 20 years. So one thing led to another and I start smoking with her, well smoking gives me mouth sores so I started snorting. I caught a cold and couldn't snort and needed the high due to working 16 hour shifts 5 days in a row, so I tried shooting. Now, unfortunately that is primarily what I do but recently I've noticed my legs ache ridiculously bad afterwards like laying in bed almost in tears but I also had a severe car wreck due to ice and have several fractured bones. I have no luck with veins in my arms so I usually end up using a vein a little bit above my knee that is very close to the skin, I'm not doing it for the initial rush like alot of people, just the sustained high. Or i use the veins in my feet/ankles I don't know if the aching is related to the drug use or to dehydration or a after effect of the wreck. A little bit of a backstory, I am a nurse, I know how bad this is for me I attempt to stay hydrated I still force myself to eat and I even sleep at least a few hours a day even when I'm high and I never go more than two days using without taking 4 days sober. I'm just wondering if anybody else has had a similar experience and also does anybody have any tips on going back to the only snorting instead of shooting because I prefer not to use this method but it is extremely addictive.

Edit: I'm a pretty healthy 20something year old. My only health problems are ddd, asthma, and I'm a tiny bit overweight but I'm very active and health conscious.

Last edited:
Some people advise to take it rectally if you don't want to IV.

Meth is a potent vascoconstrictor, so it could be that the pain you feel is due to your veins constricting, which is quite hard on your heart and in extreme cases can cause tissue damage to your legs.

But yeah, rectal administtration is quite effective, nearly as effective as IV (closer to IM actually), with less rush.

Try hot railing on your way back to snorting. I get high that way when I don't wanna shoot it and I like it better than rectally cause I'm not going to suddenly have to use the bathroom and feel like I lost it all after. I'm an iv user and I go in my legs too. I've had problems with a pins and needles feeling in my feet but not pain.