• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legality of Research Chemicals in Australia?

It appears all cannabinoids are illegal here, synthetic or not.

"Australia #
Cannabinoids are listed as a Border Controlled Drug in Australia under the Federal Criminal Code Act. Cannabinoids are also listed as a prohibited import. See health.gov.au. (Thanks s)(Last Updated Feb 17, 2009)" - Erowid.

Looks like you're correct. Not analogs, but explicitly listed Border Controlled Drugs.

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/ActCompilation1.nsf/framelodgmentattachments/AD40CB005B74CBECCA2576040024B618 said:
Cannabinoids (other than a Cannabinoid of a kind that can be obtained from a plant that is not a Cannabis plant)
Marketable quantity (grams) 2.0
Commercial quantity (kilograms) 2.0

Legalty of various RC's in Australia

I was just wondering a little bit about RC's like:

- Mephedrone
- MDAI
- Methedrone

Whats the legal status of these in Australia?
Is it possible to order some of it from overseas and customs won't take it?
Or should I take it in my bag on the plane down there?

- Mephedrone
- MDAI
- Methedrone

Did u read this whole thread? Its covered by the analogue laws therefor making it illegal to import or to obtain.

Not sure if this is pushing the boundries of the rules or not, but are there currently any well established RC's that are not covered by our multitude of importation laws?

I emailed the TGA regarding the aminoalkylindole family of JWH chemicals (018,081,200,250 specifically) and was given the following response:

The substances listed below are cannabinoid antagonists and are not captured by Customs Prohibited Import Regulations, You may however need to check with the relevant state/territory health authority about requirements for use/supply of these substances.

Despite their misclassification of them as antagonists, seems like the cannabinoids listing in the prohibited imports only applies to those which possess the classical cannabinoid structure.

- Mephedrone
- MDAI
- Methedrone

I can't see how MDAI would be covered under exsisting laws. But I could be wrong.

Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark

I think that MHRB is illegal to import into Australia. Not because of what it contains but because of quarantine restrictions to do with insects in bark etc.

I've always been led to believe that the bark was a customs prohibited import, but I cannot find any information specifically stating as such. I am aware AQIS has placed some restrictions around it, but AQIS generally allow such material if Gamma Irradiation Treatment is performed.

Can anyone clarify this?

MDAI is absolutely amazing. Ultimate aphrodesiac. It's not even a "stim" so why would you try judging it based on that quality.

I figured if you gave MDAI that stimulant edge it could possibly be an amazing substance...

"Best rule of thumb is, if its fun and your in Australia, it is probably banned, restricted, taxed into oblivion or censored."

how tru

Best rule of thumb is, if its fun and your in Australia, it is probably banned, restricted, taxed into oblivion or censored.

:\

QFT.

I hope you don't mind, but I used that quote to invite people to the Anti-Censorship protest. :)

Just quickly, can anyone confirm the legal status of MDPV in Australia (or QLD)? Someone noted it was prohibited on the first page. Pyrovalerone is on the TGA list of prohibited imports so would that automatically make MDPV prohibited too (forgive my lack of chemistry knowledge regarding analogues, precursors etc)?

MDPV is definitely "substantially similar" to Pyrovalerone, only differing by a 4-methyl compared to the MDO bridge, so under analogue legislation it's covered.

Just quickly, can anyone confirm the legal status of MDPV in Australia (or QLD)? Someone noted it was prohibited on the first page. Pyrovalerone is on the TGA list of prohibited imports so would that automatically make MDPV prohibited too (forgive my lack of chemistry knowledge regarding analogues, precursors etc)?

I have researched the legality of importing MDPV a little bit in my spare time and found what could possibly be a loop hole here. It was quite some time ago and the post I made on my findings was unapproved so i will not go into specific detail here. All I will say is that the TGA prohibited import list IS NOT the list to which the analogue act applies. The law under which you will be prosecuted for importing an analogue of a prohibited substance is contained in another act with another list of drugs...up to you to connect the dots now.

NOTE -- Although I do have a law degree, i do not, nor have i ever, held a practising certificate and do not hold myself out to be a qualified lawyer. So treat this advice as you would everything you read on the internet , with scepticism and caution. :)

Last edited:
Another little known fact that is documented on the TGA page; Sulphuric acid is illegal to import when concentration is 90% or greater. This puts Ecstasy Test Kit reagents such as Marquis, Mandelin, and Mecke right on the line.