• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Le Tour de France!!

fascinating and quite sad. i hope the tour will recover, one french newspaper had a mock obituary for it on the front page :(

Stuart O'Grady broke a hell of a lot of ribs in a nasty fall

he's my 2nd cousin! sucks.

Not much to add here, but I'll throw in a recommendation for the documentary Hell on Wheels, which follows Eric Zabel and his teammates through the 2004 (or around then?) Tour. Fascinating viewing.

i've always been bored by professional cycling. it's even worse than tennis and golf to watch.

Cycling is great to watch. Say 5 hours of the broadcast. Flat stages and time trials are boring but then there are always commentators that like to fuck around. I would too sitting there for such a long time. When you've got nothing to do but just freaking out at home, cycling is really nice. Go, make some tea, eat something, check your mail, get back and nothing changed. You're almost always up to date.

i ended up seeing a lot of this years tour. the last stage was a great watch, especially as an American cheering for levi leipheimer. contador and evans just held him off

crazy that cantador wins the white and yellow jerseys. i wonder if vegas makes odds on the tour and what the payout would be if you bet cantador to win the start.