• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

"Laughing Gas is for the Climate to Cry about"

emkee_reinvented

Bluelighter
"A balloon nitrous oxide has the same negative impact on climate as 15 kilometers driving. Or burning a liter of petrol or diesel. This is evidenced by a calculation of 'Enviroment Defense' (Milieu Defensie) Nitrous oxide is a highly potent greenhouse gas and is over 250 times more harmful than CO2 for our climate. Milieudefensie says if you do use laughing gas, eat at least one less steak.

Bram van Liere of Milieudefensie: "Nitrous oxide is to cry, for the climate. Many festival goers are doing the right thing by taking the train or eating vegetarian. Pity nitrous oxide cartridge use has such a negative impact. A user can easily do five balloons (8 grams per balloon) on a festival, which is equal to driving CO2 emissions of 75 kilometers. Milieu Defensie believes many people do not even know that nitrous oxide affects our climate. "

How much nitrous oxide during Dutch festival season is used isn's exactly unknown. Incidents with nitrous intake and car's have increased, as reported by Traffic Safety Netherlands. Nitrous oxide is not illegal, it falls under the Commodities Act and is readily available."

Translated, bit by hand "Laughing Gas is for the Climate to Cry about"

https://milieudefensie.nl/actueel/lachgas-is-voor-klimaat-om-te-huilen

Last edited:
interesting.

it's a byproduct of commercial fertilizer production. i imagine this dwarfs all other legitimate and illegal uses of n2o. not that throwing a piece of trash on the ground is ok because there's already a pile.

i will no longer huff nitrous. big sacrifice to make, but i'm that selfless. unless it's from a dentist's tank and everyone else is doing it too. 'cause come on.

interesting.

it's a byproduct of commercial fertilizer production. i imagine this dwarfs all other legitimate and illegal uses of n2o. not that throwing a piece of trash on the ground is ok because there's already a pile.

i will no longer huff nitrous. big sacrifice to make, but i'm that selfless. unless it's from a dentist's tank and everyone else is doing it too. 'cause come on.
Just stumbled upon it but as long as you avoid Artificial Fertilizer and miss a steak here and there. It should be ok in terms of general balance.

Problems is most store bought stuff contains thing based on inorganic fertilizer. Be it direct or indirectly.

Once the shit is in the tank I may as well do it. If I don't someone else will

besides how short the effects are, having the balloons pop in my face a few times. its a waste of money and only good combined with other drugs

besides how short the effects are, having the balloons pop in my face a few times. its a waste of money and only good combined with other drugs
I always wonder how people take such big balloons like holy shit I take like half of one and I'm good for a whole evening watching everyone else get wasted. 8(

Didn't understand why people liked it so much. Watching someone still out of it carry a tank all by themselves is pretty fun though. I have to admit.

after the first balloon its kind of pointless but for some reason i remember coke and whippets being pretty fun