Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Late candy flip? Waste of Molly.

ChronicHD

Bluelighter
Alright just a quick question.

I did some acid on Friday and had a GREAT all day trip. (Perfect weather, great friends, etc.)

I was going to take Molly (.1 in a capsule) before I hit the town, but thought it would be kind of a waste, as it would only combat the come-down effects I was already feeling from the acid.

So I saved it and took it Saturday night after I had been drinking casually and smoking pot all day. I noticed some good effects visually, and it definitely woke me up and stimulated me, but there was not really 1 point when I was ever really rolling as hard as I hoped to.

So basically I was wondering if LSD depletes some of the chems in my brain that make MDMA the enjoyable experience it usually is? Most likely I just got some bad Molly? I will be taking 2 caps sober next time to see if that is the case. Maybe the alcohol just numbed the effects too hard?

Maybe, i dropped an EXTREMELY high dose of acid on a sunday i think, and next saturday i took some red mickeys, and they hit me EXTREMELY hard, but only for 30 minutes, then went away, but everyone else there rolled hard the entire day, and when i asked my friend why this was, he said it was because the psychedelics affected my roll? Why? idk, but i believe him because it made sense the way he explained it (i'm on dxm now so it's hard to remember it all :/) But in a sense, yes it does.

there shouldn't be any cross tolerance between LSD & MDMA. Most likely sub-par drugs. LSD affects 5ht2a, chiefly, and MDMA affects SERT & DAT, and causes 5ht efflux, quite different mechanisms.

^^^ I think any major dude hit the nail on the head...

perhaps it was "psychological tolerance" by which I mean that after being so intoxicated or altered from the LSD the MDMA felt "weak" in comparison...just a guess

Yea I assume it was psychological tolerance. I think I was just expecting too much out. Am I the only person who prefers ecstasy to molly? Even though molly is supposedly the pure form of MDMA, I've always had more fun on actual rolls.

Yea I assume it was psychological tolerance. I think I was just expecting too much out. Am I the only person who prefers ecstasy to molly? Even though molly is supposedly the pure form of MDMA, I've always had more fun on actual rolls.

I suspect that quality is the real issue here. I used to think the same way until my last experience with molly. I was totally blown away by one (~100mg) capsule, it was just as good as the best (strong and clean) pressed pills I've had before. With most molly I've encountered, you need to take 200+ mg to get a satisfying roll. While molly is 'pure' MDxx in the sense it contains no other active drugs besides the MDxx, it isn't actually at 100% purity, and thus you need to dose more.

Also, I think a lot of what's sold as 'molly' is actually MDA. I cannot actually confirm this, it's just a gut feeling based on my previous experiences with confirmed MDA tablets, but I have met others who agree. I have actually gotten some of the very best closed eyed visuals I've had after dosing a couple hundred mg of molly.

If you're molly actually was MDA, there would be a much greater cross tolerance between it and LSD compared to MDMA.

hope that helps,

be safe and have fun.