• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Last night shot in my elbow and I don't know if I did something bad (Pictures inside)

Pryvin

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have almost no experience with IV so I always have problems finding veins.

Last night I shot in my arm and bit later hurted that almost could'nt stretch at all the arm.

Today I can, but still hurts a bit sometimes.

If it for some info, I shot at my left arm (or elbow), where do you see those two big veins, the closer to the torso, I felt that "pop" when I entered, and I think I did it well, but 70% of the time I make the pop I still miss the vein.
Measured blood pressure on both wrists and is the same (100-102bpm)

ibb.co/k64S7Dy
ibb.co/SyBpZXM

Thaks for your time

Last edited:
You missed, it seems. It's not too swollen but it's redish. It can be nothing, people miss shots every day with nothing happening, but you need to keep an eye on that red área, if it grows and it feels hot, and keeps growing in área and getting warmer, then you should have an antibiotics course because that's how abscesses begin and they can get really nasty and even dangerous.
Don't panic, just keep an eye on redness and temperature.
But mate, if you have almost no experience with IV, you should forget about it, nothing good ever came from being a seasoned and skilled IV user.
If you, for pain or whatever, need to take drugs in a syringue, just get a needleless one and just put it up your ass. No shame, no abscesses and very effective

You missed, it seems. It's not too swollen but it's redish. It can be nothing, people miss shots every day with nothing happening, but you need to keep an eye on that red área, if it grows and it feels hot, and keeps growing in área and getting warmer, then you should have an antibiotics course because that's how abscesses begin and they can get really nasty and even dangerous.
Don't panic, just keep an eye on redness and temperature.
But mate, if you have almost no experience with IV, you should forget about it, nothing good ever came from being a seasoned and skilled IV user.
If you, for pain or whatever, need to take drugs in a syringue, just get a needleless one and just put it up your ass. No shame, no abscesses and very effective
Yes, as you say it can be nothing to worry much. I went to the ER (although telling another thing similar not related to drugs) and told me it can be normal in some punctures, come back in some days if still same or worse
And as you say, my main ROA is rectal, I know the bioavility is almost the same as IV, but some days I wonder how can IV be and try with always bad experiences.
Only remember one shot which I felt something for a moment.

Also probably missed a shot in my hand, but the medic told it was probably a tendonitis (I hit a tendon probably) and in about a week I should be fine.

Thanks for your message a lot

Hello,

I have almost no experience with IV so I always have problems finding veins.

Last night I shot in my arm and bit later hurted that almost could'nt stretch at all the arm.

Today I can, but still hurts a bit sometimes.

If it for some info, I shot at my left arm (or elbow), where do you see those two big veins, the closer to the torso, I felt that "pop" when I entered, and I think I did it well, but 70% of the time I make the pop I still miss the vein.
Measured blood pressure on both wrists and is the same (100-102bpm)

ibb.co/k64S7Dy
ibb.co/SyBpZXM

Thaks for your time
I actually ran into that problem recently! I went in my right arm and everything was on track, but when it flagged it was bright bright red blood!! I've heard that means I've hit an artery! Not sure though, any who your arm is going to feel like melting! The majority of the pain will subside by 24 hours. Good luck!