⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

Finder said:
I gotta say that Tomlin/Midler movie looks positively dreadful.

Well, I love both Midler and Tomlin so I guess that explains it.

I'll watch anything with Goldie Hawn in it too. Boy, she used to do some funny shit.

strange-circus-cvr.JPG

"Beautiful but shocking, this film from director Sion Sono (SUICIDE CLUB) explores the shifting line between fiction and reality."

Trailer

14.gif

Hunt For the Red October for the first time. I can't believe I waited so long to see it. Good movie.

Monster on DVD. Gawd......all I gotta say is, Oscar performance aside, watching Charlize Theron play Aileen Wournos was extremely uncomfortable. I mean...was this Wournos chick really THAT jumpy, agitated and beady eyed? Her energy was so fucking discomfitting I felt oddly disturbed way after the movie ended

grrr....

gaf_theron.jpg

^I've seen several documentaries on Aileen Wournos, plus I've also read a few books too. Her case was extremely interesting to me actually. But I have to say, overall I thought Theron did an exccellent job. Pity she seems to have trouble in doing the same in other movies though.

Last one I saw:

RunningMan.jpg

Dynamo always used to scare me when I was a kid :(

running-man-1-JS.jpg

I'm watching the Royal Tenenbaums right now on comedy central.

First time seeing it :)

potter.jpg

I haven't read the book,but my gf said they left alot out. I really liked it though. It was much darker than the previous four.

The suicide scene in the royal tenenbaums is one of the most beautiful things i've ever seen.

I guess it might have a lot to do with that song holding a lot of meaning for me though.

also, i'm high.

the last movie i watched was Crash (the one with James Spader). I hated it. times 10.

But this past weekend I also saw Hatchet, which was AWESOME as far as funny slasher horror flicks go. And I also saw The Girl Next Door, which was one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I recommend them both.

HisNameIsFrank said:
I haven't read the book,but my gf said they left alot out.
they did leave a lot out - the paperback is nearly 900 pages long!

you should read the books - they're all great and there is so much more detail and background. also, that means you get to the end, in the intended medium, long before the last movie appears.

alasdair

tribal girl said:
^I've seen several documentaries on Aileen Wournos, plus I've also read a few books too. Her case was extremely interesting to me actually. But I have to say, overall I thought Theron did an exccellent job. Pity she seems to have trouble in doing the same in other movies though.

[/IMG]

I must see these Aileen Wournos documentaries! I was very interested in her a while back, way before I saw Monster.

*edit* : I just finished watching the A&E Biography of Aileen. I dunno about you but I gotta say, she seems WAY saner and more calm than that Charlize Theron character in the movie! Can you say.....over the top?
Thats just my opinion of course =D

The documentaries I saw were the two Nick Broomfield ones. I think the first one is the better of the two, but I can't remember. It's been a few years.

I think Theron played it really comical at times, which I liked. It made me empathize with her a lot more then I normally would have. It made her seem more human instead of just being this 'monster'. I think there's some really classic moments in that movie :p

I watched Super Troopers with my buddy who'd never seen it last night. Still hilarious.

No Country for Old Men. I dug it, even though people were talking and shit and i was tired and dehydrated, which kinda detracted from the pleasure/killed my concentration.