• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Large iv meth miss ( 60 units) due to vein collapse then rupture. Strange coloration pics included.

DopaminePrincess93

Bluelighter
Long story short attempted to iv a 70 unit shot with around .21 to .22 of that being dope weighed out on scale. Vein promptly closed up then ruptured within 15 seconds of withdrawing the needle (i stopped the process with around 10 or 15 units still in the syringe).
Well this is what my lovely little blunder is looking like now. It is quite sore when i attempt to move my arm or if anything touches it with even the tiniest amount of pressure. One of my major questions and concerns would be, what is the localized dark red discoloration of the skin. This appeared within a few hours of the shot being administered. Would appreciate some input, should be starting Bactrim and Keflex yomorrow. Trying to avoid an ER visit if at all possible.

Attachments

• 20190407_221341_compress_76.jpg
    20190407_221341_compress_76.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190407_221337_compress_66.jpg
    20190407_221337_compress_66.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190407_221333_compress_54.jpg
    20190407_221333_compress_54.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190407_221411_compress_17.jpg
    20190407_221411_compress_17.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190407_221349_compress_95.jpg
    20190407_221349_compress_95.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 18
Do you have a fever, chills, sweats, etc.? Does the area feel warm/hot to the touch?

Fortunately it doesn't look too serious to me. It looks to me like a bruise. Blood from the vein pools in the surrounding tissue causing a bruise.

I would expect it to go away on its own. I've had shots get screwed up like this many times and they always went away on their own.

Keeping in mind that I'm not a doctor, personally I wouldn't go to the ER for something like this. Not unless I started experiencing symptoms like fever and such a little while after.

you put a hot pad on this? rub some arnica gel/oil on there, emu oil, antiinflamatories. good luck.

you put a hot pad on this? rub some arnica gel/oil on there, emu oil, antiinflamatories. good luck.
I used a washcloth soaked in hot water for 6 hours, the last 3 hours Isoaked the cloth in a hot epsom salt solution, i massaged it gently for that time. Used naproxen and ibuprofen for inflammation. After a day or so i started applying hydrocortisone as well as a triple antibiotic topical.
Still a tad sensitive but it looks much better than it did four and a half days ago.

Attachments

• JPEG_20190411_234353_compress_28.jpg
    JPEG_20190411_234353_compress_28.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 4
I'm glad it's recovering on its own. Please know it is a very caustic substance and even when making a shot, a small amount can leak out because of how terribly nasty this substance is so corrosive.

I've had a bit leak out the injection site on quite a few hits that were otherwise smooth and clean. Usually culprit is a bit is sucked out the needle when withdrawing it. This is noticable if you make your solution thicker, other culprits of it washing out the injection site have been slamming the shot too fast, vein temporarily collapsing causing the shot to travel down the vein until it finds a vein it can flow towards the heart in or worse it constricting above and below the iv site causing it to pool there and seep out the point of injection ... possibly just rupture entirely and dump the shot out pretty much all at once.
You can probably imagine the shape my arms are in. I am quite sure I currently have 0.6g or 0.75g of shard rocked up in various places on both of my forearms. I know I have to give them a break. But I simply can't stop.... my last 3 attempts didnt go very well. The last one I gave up in defeat with syringe full of dark red venous blood almost turned a shade of black. I added an extra .12g to the bloody mixture and booty bumped it. Deep down I know I should be going straight to that roa when getting high for a good long while.... but the awful addict in me assures me that there is definitely a good place I can hit and all go well... This has become a trying time period in my 10 years of addiction.
I probably need serious help, I most likely needed it 7 or 8 years ago...