Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Laced Weed - What do u think

melburn_madness said:
I think your forgetting the FLY SPRAY!

Nope, I think I covered that right here ;)

Doooofus said:
I think the reason people spray stuff on the weed is to make it look as though there is a lot of crystallised THC on the buds, not for any kind of altered high. If the weed looks like its got a lot of crystals, people are going to think its better weed than it really is and buy it. It's a dirty, dirty practice.

Back when i was a bit younger a mate and i picked up some bud off a dude we had never met before need less to say it was laced. I was fine didn't notice a difference but my friend who had smoked with all year had a family history of heart problems. He went into a wired state he nearly blacked out and his heart was going crazy really off the wall. He managed to get a lift home and i thought that was the end of it and he would sleep it off. When i spoke to him the next day he told me was up all night, then in morning he decided to get his mother to take him to the doctor, he told him what happened the doctor gave him 20mg of valium straight away and did a blood test. He came back possitive to meth and fly spray or something of an aurosoul nature.

And what happened to your friend seems like a panic attack to me, extremely common on weed - again depending on set, setting and your weed. Don't you think the fact that your friend had a history of heart problems would increase the risk of him having a negative experience such as the one you described? A lot of times I've smoked weed and had my heart go off the chart... it certainly doesn't mean the weed was laced.

As for the blood test... well I don't know if they can test for aerosol that has been burnt and inhaled into the lungs, but I would have no idea. Maybe your friend was embarrassed about his panic attack and gave you that explanation instead. I really don't know, I just don't believe in laced weed and I'm looking for alternative explanations here :)

baileylsd said:
Some weed is just really strong, some is really shit, just like some apples taste good and some taste shit :)

Hehe, exactly right :D

I don't see any profit motive in lacing weed but I have been smoking weed for over a decade now and where was one occassion that I got some realy realy potent weed. I bought $25 worth and It took me 5 days to finish it when I ussaly go though $25 a day or more

Cowboy Mac said:
  • I would suggest it is generally not adulterated as it costs more money to add extras like amphetamines to it.
  • LSD cannot be smoked and would have no affect.
  • I have heard (but cannot produce any sources for) of people injecting Ketamine HCL into the marijuana plant stalk to make the end product more potent.

heheh stoners, this is how i see it from a dealers point of view,

dealers sell weed by weight,

to make weed heavery on the scales, its either sprayed with water or anything else that is close by,

also dealers like to recycle, herion/pills/speed/k comes in plastic bags,

after mr dealer weights it out and puts them in foils, weeds is placed in plastic bag and sold..

dealres are heaps lazy and cheap, if the government banned sappys we would be fucked, espec the good old glad vacum sandwich bags

sappys are recycled because dealers hate going to out to buy more

I've never seen any cases, but there are definitely some reported in the medical literature. The best known is 'dip dope' where the joint has been soaked in formaldehyde, a substance used in embalming dead bodies...
Ref:
Mendyk SL, Fields DW.
Acute psychotic reactions: consider "dip dope" intoxication.
J Emerg Nurs. 2002 Oct;28(5):432-5.

Well, turns out this is a nice thread :) wondered about a few things... keep this disgussion going (im putting this hear as this is post 196 :) so im not far from 200 )

Zaineaol said:
Well, turns out this is a nice thread :) wondered about a few things... keep this disgussion going (im putting this hear as this is post 196 :) so im not far from 200 )
complimenting your own thread is one way to increase your post count too.

boink

if weed was laced with anything it would be pcp. which would explain your k like effects.

If weed was laced with anything, I dont think theres anyway we'd be able to find out what it is! (Unless ofcourse u spiked it yourself, or had some spare equipment laying around that could do GC/MS)

What makes you say pcp Xenomorph? I'd have thought such a rare drug would fetch alot more being sold as what it is, rather than giving it away to free ... tho I guess they might wanted the satisfaction of knowing that when their customer ripped that first bong they would start tripping harder than they had from any bud before.

Re: boink

Xenomorph said:
if weed was laced with anything it would be pcp. which would explain your k like effects.

Why do you say that? I *KNOW* when I was younger we used to get weed soaked in Ketamine (called horse tranq by mates back then) and it was very similar if not exact same feelings as described in the thread. I even stated this earlier as well.

Among my first encounters with pot (NZ, late 70's) I saw a bag of weed which had a white powder in it. Everyone thought it was heroin. Looking back I think it was just mould. But then came the infamous Mr Asia imported Thai Sticks, some of which were opiated. This was my first real stone, and one my mate and I will never forget.

Some time later there was horse tranq mixed with local NZ pot. Whether this was Ketamine or something similar I don't know, but a couple of our group never seemed to fully come down from those blurry months.

Once upon a time it was said that weed was laced so dealers could hook people onto harder drugs and thereby establish another "long term" customer. Perhaps this practice did go on. Economically speaking though, the dealer would have to depend on a quick addiction, as I wouldn't think a sprinkle in each bag would be continually affordable :\

PCP was the classic "lacing" drug which, according to reports, could make you do things like chopping your arm off after smoking a joint. It was a "fear" made infamous by the DEA, but user curiosity was helped along by the likes of the Rip It Off Press and other underground publications of the 70's. Over the years since then, Ive met a couple of people who enjoy PCP and they still had all their limbs, teeth and other body parts (afaik), and neither had been to jail for carving up loved ones. Each to his own I guess, but general anesthetics have never done it for me.

Incidentally, it's been reported that PCP has some neuroprotective qualities; not exactly a reason to put in an order for PCP with your next bag of whistles 8(

Rigid Phencyclidine Analogues. Binding to the Phencyclidine and Û1 Receptors

by Robert M. Moriarty, Livia A. Enache, Lei Zhao, Richard Gilardi, Mariena V. Mattson, and Om Prakash

Introduction

PCP (phencyclidine, 1-(1-phenylcyclohexyl)piperidine) was originally introduced as a general anesthetic agent,1-3 but it was subsequently withdrawn from use in humans because of severe psychomimetic side effects. The focus of research on PCP has shifted from its use as an anesthetic toward potential applications as a neuropharmaceutical. This effort has been spurred by the observation of anticonvulsant and neuroprotective activity in rodents...

Right i have smoked laced weed both times laced by people particularly to create a desired effect not to boost sales.

Suger buds were small fluffy buds rolled in oil (cannabis oil) of medium quality and then rolled in high grade speed (chop not crystal or p). Thus smoked created an exceptional up high and massively increased heart rate and a good stone. I have found since then that doing speed and then getting stoned is an interesting affair, feeling way more stoned than usual and with effects the same as the sugar bud high.

Second time was my 19th birthday where a friend of mines brother had sent him over with some of his private stash just for my birthday. The smell was like and unescapable chemical smell which went straight up my noise and smelled pretty weird and awful. I later found out that this smell is Formaldehyde. Smell is identical to a bottle of it my (insert close family member here) had. dont ask me why that person had it as i dont want to incriminate her or anything but beleive me when i say she knows what that is. The High was insane to say the least. I felt completely out of my mind and fucked for at least 2 hours of the stone then it quietend down like the end of a smoke does. Needless to say i didnt enjoy the high at all feeling major paranoids and general uneasiness around close people, not a great feeling at a party.
Now this is what this guy used to smoke all the time and beleive me also that he isnt a 'well' person these days which is a really sad thing.Not sure if the enbalming fluid was why he went like he did but i guess it probably didnt help.

So those are my two cents, as far as i can tell lacing does occur but only amongst good friends who are looking at maxing out the buzz, rather than through dealers trying to increase sales of crap weed or whatever.

Yeah i agree with you mikedj. Once you start to really know your DD then all sots of weird and wonderful things get pulled out of his bag on pay day!

Jeez, for Gods sake don't EVER put formaldehyde in anything intended to be consumed. Formaldehyde is highly toxic.

I'm not saying you didn't have formaldehyde in the pot you spoke of, but pot that goes mouldy often has an ammonia smell, and sometimes even the odour of rotting fish (methylamine, butylamines etc)

Formaldehyde warnings from the Merck Index

CAUTION: Potential symptoms of overexposure to formaldehyde are irritation of eyes, nose, throat and respiratory system; lacrimation; coughing; bronchial spasm. See NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards (DHHS/NIOSH 97-140, 1997) p 148.

May act as a primary irritant on skin causing erythmatous or eczematous dermatitis. Sensitization can result. See Patty's Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology vol. 2A, G. D. Clayton, F. E. Clayton, Eds. (Wiley-Interscience, New York, 3rd ed., 1981) pp 2637-2646.

Ingestion may cause immediate intense pain in mouth, pharynx and stomach; nausea, vomiting, hematemesis, abdominal pain, diarrhea; pale, clammy skin and other signs of shock; difficult urination, hematuria, anuria; vertigo, convulsions, stupor, coma; death due to respiratory failure. See Clinical Toxicology of Commercial Products, R. E. Gosselin et al., Eds. (Williams & Wilkins, New York, 5th ed., 1984) Section III, pp 196-197. Formaldehyde gas is reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen: Ninth Report on Carcinogens (PB2000-107509, 2000) p III-131.

Formaldehyde is so bad because it reacts with the lipid membrane of cells. It is oxidised during metabolism to FORMIC ACID. This is the stuff of bee stings; a painful irritant, and this reactive tendency and the fact our bodies process alcohol so well (ethanol) is why methanol is so toxic.

METHANOL-->oxidised-->FORMALDEHYDE --> oxidised --> FORMIC ACID

~~~~~~~~~

When I was young and silly and didn't know the dangers of these chems - certainly didn't (then) realise the level of toxicity of formaldehyde gas - we used to make tear gas from formalin and potassium permanganate. It was a great trick and played many times, but I couldn't believe how silly I'd been once I discovered just how nasty this stuff is.

Chronic exposure will very likely destroy the cornea of the eyes.

I was under the impression anything sold as formaldehyde is most likely to be phencyclidine.. this doc from erowid supports that:

PCP - 'Embalming Fluid' - 'Wet' - 'Fry'
What Is It and What Do People Think It Is?

There appears to be a current trend of the use of substances known alternately by the slang names 'embalming fluid', 'fry', 'formaldehyde', 'wet', 'water', or 'amp'. These are sold in a variety of forms including cannabis joints or regular cigarettes dipped in liquid and cannabis leaf or tea leaves dipped in liquid. In all of these forms, the material is then smoked. Despite the variety of names, there is good reason to believe that these are all various preparations containing PCP.

In most instances PCP is not mentioned when the substance is sold or discussed. In fact, there are constantly re-circulating rumors that substances being sold by these names do not contain PCP, but are instead actually the fluid (formaldehyde) used for embalming as would be used in a mortuary. But there is evidence to support that this is primarily a case of confused slang terms. 'Embalming Fluid' is a common street slang term for PCP and has been for many years. PCP can come in liquid form, so the term 'fluid' is fitting. It is entirely possible (actually quite likely) that the confusion between PCP and embalming fluid (formaldehyde) has gone so far as to cause a new trend where PCP is actually mixed with formaldehye (or other 'embalming fluids') and used as a recreational psychoactive. But there is little evidence that the formaldehyde itself causes any pleasant or desirable effects.

Embalming fluid, as used in a mortuary, is traditionally made from formaldehyde. It does not contain PCP. Formaldehyde and PCP are completely different chemicals, which are not related. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, and with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia and should not be smoked.

(source: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/pcp/pcp_info6.shtml )

hehehe....weed is BARELY laced unless it's a specialty (like opium or honey oil lacing) or if some dirty fucker has sprayed it with fly spray. It aint common but ppl do do it, to sell off bush bud for more than it is worth. Actually while back some cunts I knew of were sprayin the bud with WD40. But Personally, I reckon if u lace weed with hash oil or opiates, it's a bonus. Opiate/cannabis combo is one of the most pleasureable experiences ever. But commercially, other than the odd nasty fly sprayed shit, no one will lace weed with drugs of real value.

I used to sometimes get weed off a friend. It was grown at her mums house (her mum had been growing for years)

I knew for a fact that it was laced. Her mum used to spray it with this stuff, which is used in a movie/book called "Naked Lunch", i can't remember what it was called. But basically, when you smoked it, it tasted much harsher and it got you REALLY smashed, like a real heavy feeling in the head/eyes, and made you quite tired aftwards. It also produced a mild headache sometimes. Eventually you got tollerance to it though, then you didn't notice it much. But we only rarely smoked it because of this, so most times we hadn't had the chemical in a while and it hit us pretty hard.

I would suggest that laced weed isn't common, but certainly isnt unheard of. While it may not be cost effective to lace weed with expensive substances such as amphetamines(which would make the weed seem less psychoactive anyway) there are certainly many chemicals which are quite cheap and readily available. (even K can be obtained very cheap if your sources are right). It WOULD be cost effective to spray(or otherwise contaminate) your weed with something which isn't too expensive which will make people get more *smashed*. Since this would mean people would keep coming back since it is 'good weed'.

cheers phase dancer that has kind of put the heebe jeebies up me.

Interesting to note mind you that the weed wasnt mouldy, was actually very nicely cured (this dude has been smoking for years and has perfected a couple of very nice varieties which he grows and smokes).
Also the amount of weed that was smoked was by no means a large amount (we are talking maybe no more than two or three reasonable tokes on a joint).
This was in fact the major problem as because now i think of it i was kind of warned before hand that it was laced and also super strong unlaced, so i did watch my intake (it was my party and had to be reasonabley on to it host), everyone else probably had twice the amount i had and all were absolutely smashed beyond recognition like really twisted stuff.
I thought that during this time like fully on a panic attack buzz but beyond anything ive ever had on pot, more like loop thoughts and nasty closed eye imagery like you would have on a sketchy trip.
Anyway heres hoping that it wasnt formaldehyde at all or anything along those lines, it has given me a lesson mind you and that is not to underestimate peoples private stashes especially when they are known to have mental illness as a direct result of abuse of chemicals (that is real abuse too guys not just hardcore smoking).
Poor fella though he is coming around now, does make me feel sad.:(

Ive noticed a lot of weed going around lately with a distinct smell of Brixx, nasty nasty stuff growers soak weed in to add weight. Really hard on the lungs and not a real nice stone.

Cactii said:
Ive noticed a lot of weed going around lately with a distinct smell of Brixx, nasty nasty stuff growers soak weed in to add weight. Really hard on the lungs and not a real nice stone.

Can you enlighten us a little more on what that substance they soak the weed on would be ?