• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

La Dodgers Pick Up Manny Ramirez From Boston!!!!

i doubt he will stay in LA longer then OCT if the dodgers make it to the post season.

the dodgers front office is cheap. they wont pay manny what manny wants. they basicly got him for free.....without having to drop pierre or either... so why not take him?

i just hope this guy slugs!

EnYAY, why is not having to drop Pierre a good thing? Pierre sucks. He can't get on base, doesn't hit for any power, and has one of the worst arms I've ever seen from an pro outfielder. His OPS is .648 and OPS+ is 69 (meaning his OPS is 31% below average). The only things he gives you is speed and a mid to high batting average (but it's empty). He's never really been a good player, but he's barely even a major leaguer at this point, much less a starter. Getting ride of Pierre would be a good thing for the Dodgers.

axl blaze said:
sorry Boston fans, you can hardly like a player that is not a WASP. I hate to bring it to a level like that but it is true.

do you post stuff like that just to bring tr out of th woodwork or do you really believe that load of bollocks? if the fans in boston ever turned on manny it was when he started jaking it on the filed. when gammons lights you up in print you know you fucked up.

birdie said:
EnYAY, why is not having to drop Pierre a good thing? Pierre sucks. He can't get on base, doesn't hit for any power, and has one of the worst arms I've ever seen from an pro outfielder. His OPS is .648 and OPS+ is 69 (meaning his OPS is 31% below average). The only things he gives you is speed and a mid to high batting average (but it's empty). He's never really been a good player, but he's barely even a major leaguer at this point, much less a starter. Getting ride of Pierre would be a good thing for the Dodgers.

i cannot argu with you.

axl blaze said:
I am a Red Sox fan and I love Manny Ramirez. absolutely my favorite player on the team. I have been a Manny fan since the Indians days. I have said it before here, there isn't a better 2 strike batter in the entire MLB history than perhaps... Pete Rose.

sorry Boston fans, you can hardly like a player that is not a WASP. I hate to bring it to a level like that but it is true.

and the most hilarious image of Manny that I will always hold to heart is his sign during the Angels game that read "I AM GOING TO GREEN BAY FOR BRETT FAVRE STRAIGHT UP!"

Honestly Axl, stop with the WASP shit. Manny was embraced despite all of his downfalls until he publicly said that the Red Sox "don't deserve him". You say this same tired shit everytime you have the opportunity. It's not true. I'm sorry if you had a bad experience of sorts in Boston, but as far as Sox players being embraced, arguably our 4 biggest stars of the past 2 decades have been of latin descent (Pedro, Nomar, Manny, Ortiz), and all have been glorified as the second coming of Christ at one point or another.

cravNbeets said:
do you post stuff like that just to bring tr out of th woodwork or do you really believe that load of bollocks? if the fans in boston ever turned on manny it was when he started jaking it on the filed. when gammons lights you up in print you know you fucked up.

Thank you, Andy. Spot fucking on.

Despite EVERYTHING Manny did.. dogging it down the line for years straight, sitting out crucial games, dodging pitchers he didn't want to face.. he was embraced, until he came out and said "the Red Sox do not deserve me". Manny was given 9 million lives with the Boston Media and fans, and they embraced him every single time, until this final straw.

Hell, Schilling literally bleed for the team, and he was boo'd during his time recovering from surgery on the ankle he destroyed helping the team to it's first WS in 86 years.

Boston will always be close to my heart, no bad experiences here. it very well may be the sports capital of the entire civilized world. however, I have loved the Indians since Major League and I have loved Manny ever since he played for the Indians.

when I would be talk with Sox fans and say, "hey Manny Ramirez is probably my favorite player in all of baseball."

I would hear the same tired shit, over and over again. how he is lazy (which doesn't make any sense) how he can not speak at all to the media. how he shits on Boston sports fans' faces.

all this just didn't make any sense to me. perhaps I am making a sweeping generalization and not all Sox fans think like that?

when he said, at the end, "the red sox do not deserve me", i had to agree. no team deserves that kind of bs.

:)

alasdair

axl blaze said:
Boston will always be close to my heart, no bad experiences here. it very well may be the sports capital of the entire civilized world. however, I have loved the Indians since Major League and I have loved Manny ever since he played for the Indians.

when I would be talk with Sox fans and say, "hey Manny Ramirez is probably my favorite player in all of baseball."

I would hear the same tired shit, over and over again. how he is lazy (which doesn't make any sense) how he can not speak at all to the media. how he shits on Boston sports fans' faces.

all this just didn't make any sense to me. perhaps I am making a sweeping generalization and not all Sox fans think like that?

I think it's the fact that you get a hard on talking about how you lived in Boston, and how everyone there is a WASP. You make me sick everytime you say this same thing over and over again.

Do you even watch baseball? Do you watch sportscenter highlights of baseball? Manny IS lazy. He practically walks down to first for nearly every ground ball. Ball that should be double he hardly turns into singles. It's known by all fans of baseball, not just WASPy Sox fans.

Before you make such harsh accusations on a fan base, can you think about what you're about to say first?

i dunno about you guys. but in the past couple games ive seen manny play in los angeles.

he has been hustling for a guy his size. he even went for an extra base in Saturdays game!

regardless. im really happy he is here.

and you guys cut it out with that WASP shit. thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard