• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

L-tetrahydropalmatine

Ham-milton

Bluelighter
c76498333-image.gif

I read today that this is an mu-agonist, but now that I'm re-researching it, I can't find anything saying that's true.

Mostly I find it saying that it's a D2 antagonist... Not particularly euphoric.

It'd be interesting to find another natural and effective mu agonist.

Its a plant alkaloid isnt it, but what plant was it from again?

Corydalis Yanhusuo or Bulleyana is most probably the common source.

Twenty-three isoquinoline alkaloids have been
isolated from Corydalis bulleyana Diels. Hao and Qicheng have reported
on such alkaloids as protopine, (+)-consperine, (+)-acetylcorynoline,
dihydrosangunarine, (+)-acetylisocorynoline, (±)stylopine, (+)-corynoline,
(+)-corynoloxine, (+)-isocorynoline, (−)-chelanthifoline, corycavanine, (+)-
scoulerine, (+)-isoboldine, acetylcorydamine, allocryptopine, corydamine,
bulleyamine, (+)-6-acetonylcorynoline, (+)-12-formyloxycorynoline, (+)-
6-oxoacetylcorynoline, (+)-12-hydroxycorynoline, (+)-bulleyanaline and
(+)-norjuziphine. Corydalis bulleyana Diels is used in traditional medicine as
a febrifuge, antidote or analgesic. Moreover, other species of this genus such as
Corydalis amabilis Migo, Corydalis yanhusao W. T. Wang, Corydalis ambigua
Cham and Schlecht, Corydalis bungeana Turcz. and Corydalis incisa Thunb. are
also used in folk medicine in China. They contain identical or similar alkaloids
as C. bulleyana Diels.

From Alkaloids - Secrets of Life: Alkaloid Chemistry, Biological Significance, Applications and Ecological Role by Tadeusz Aniszewski

I didn't find it really analgetic (euphoric), but sedating (tired-making). Took THP
powder in lunch break and had to go sleeping an hour later.

Canis aureus said:
I didn't find it really analgetic (euphoric), but sedating (tired-making). Took THP

why would you take it in a lunch break? =D

I tried some 80% extract and found it very effective at making me sleepy that was all, no euphoria or anything else.

I think I had an alergic reaction to a slightly higher dose though, it gave me extremely shallow breathing which was very hard to control.. even when focusing hard on my breathing it was difficult to get deep breaths .. I ended up working out because it was the only way I could induce deeper breathing, after about an hour it wore off.
I don't think this was a panic attack because i recognize the shallow breathing patterns and remained calm, just extremely uncomfortable unless i was working out

Feel like an antipsychotic?

I don't know of any antipsychotics with similar structures, but it's possible.

Looks similar to apomorphine and other lotus constituents, don't it?

I guess, in the sense that LSD looks like Apomorphine.

The ring structures are way different, apomorphine has a traditional opiate structure in it, but THP doesn't.

Apomorphine is a D2 agonist, this is an antagonist ( I think, on the latter).

Look at the ring structures around the nitrogenated rings on each compounds... I think it is a lot more similar than you say it is.

I'm looking at it upside down, left and right and I'm still not seeing it.

Could you draw out what you're talking about? I'm confused.

Look at the bottom of apomorphine and either the top left or bottom right of the structure, notice the benzene ring bound to the same nitrogenated cyclohexane ring..... With the same bindings on the nitrogen...... I don't know maybe I'm just grasping at threads here.

Yeah, I see it now. I don't think that's related though,

Looking at other dopamine agonist/antagonists, the structure doesn't show up again, AFAI can see.

Yeah, I often have that problem of looking at things in too big of a picture when it comes to chem structures if you didn't know already =p

In this case, though, I think you were looking too small, for that really tiny similarity.

Look at the 28 images I posted in the deonylzolpidem thread. That's big picture. Nothing wrong with that.

By big picture, I meant loose interpretation and broad application =p

Canis aureus said:

Which route did you go?

I've definitely found neither raw corydalis nor THP to be at all euphoric or analgesic. As others have stated, I did experience sedation.