Kratom Withdrawal Help - Need to get off this stuff!

I would not recommend this dose to anyone.

Wtf? There's nothing wrong with, or unsafe about taking that dose, or even a higher dose of Loperamide. I can't even count the number of people on here I've seen recommend somewhere around that very dose for people in withdraw. It's such a common misconception that taking a high dose of Lope will "block you up for weeks". That's total BS. No matter what dose you take, it will be out of your system (at least noticeably) in a week at the very most, and even that would require a massive amount. And like I stated earlier, when you're in withdraw a moderate dose of Lope just balances out the diarrhea you experience. I've taken a total of 24mg in the last 48 hours and have had two perfectly normal bowel movements. Other than this misconception, I can't see what you could possibly see as being unsafe about this...

and the OP has stated that he will be using this thread as a sort of blog and updating regularly. OD is for quick answers to quick questions.

Kratombites: those last five words you said, say it all-"No euphoria is worth this". Those are words that an x-opiate addict can live by!

Originally posted by Escapedysphoria -
Oxycodone will help with kratom withdrawals and will probably get you high or buzzed considering what dosage you take because oxycodone (is much more potent than Kratom),

I have to disagree with this. Maybe Oxy is more powerful than the leaf form of kratom people make tea with or with the powder form depending on what you buy. I tried the powder form once because it was so cheap. Didn't like it and trying to swallow all that powder by downing juice after it is tough. I've been taking the liquid kratom FST. A teaspoon of that stuff and in 30 minutes you are euphoric beyond belief for almost 8 hours. Then I would eat supper and take another dose and I was euphoric and high till two in the morning.

Withdrawing from it is very hard. I didn't even know there was withdrawal till I ran out on a Monday morning a few months ago. I thought no big deal, I had just taken some and I'll order some for the weekend. By Tuesday afternoon I was in hell and had to order via next day air to get it by Wednesday. I tried quitting a couple times since then and haven't been able to. I'm quitting now! This is so amazing to me how this stupid herb has me wrapped in bits.

I'm not saying Oxy isn't strong. But to be fair to it, it isn't as strong as the Kratom I've been taking. I know this because I've taken 7 of those Oxy 10/375 pills today and haven't felt a thing. I was hoping for some relief and have gotten none at all. I really pray this doesn't set back by withdrawal table. I didn't take them all at once just every couple hours since crawling out of bed. I'm sure if I had taken 70mg of oxy at once I would feel something. But as it is I didn't feel any euphoria. All I feel is 100% awful. I got these on a prescription too not from a shady dealer or something like that. They are a year old though. How long is the shelf life of Oxy?

I really believe once it catches on how powerful kratom liquid is it will become a hot commodity and get regulated. Price has to be the reason it isn't already the next big thing. I don't know anything about the tea and trying to choke down the powder once was enough for me. But with the liquid all it took was once and I had to know how to get it and then I was hooked. Being legal made it easy for me and I liked what it did to me. I never realized it would turn around like a boomerang and trap me the way it has.

Time for me to lay down again. I hope another 8-9 hours in bed and I'll be feeling much better than I do now. It is only day two but days like these are getting old fast!

KratomBites

Damn, dude. I had no idea what Kratom FST was, so I just checked it out. And if you're taking a teaspoon of that at once, twice a day, that is a literal fuck-ton of Kratom. I always thought there was a sort of ceiling dose to it, in which more would only cause an increase in the negative effects but if 70mg of Oxy isn't even touching your withdraw then obviously I'm wrong. Sitting on the shelf for a year, if it was stored properly (basically anywhere that's not retarded hot or cold) would not cause any noticeable loss in potency. I feel for you man, that's a ridiculous amount, I honestly don't know how they could even get away with selling such a potent mixture.

Anyway, you seem like you got this though. Your optimism, even in your terrible state tells me that you really want to get out so I have faith. Keep in touch and stay strong, you're almost there!

Thanks Shady. I am feeling more optimistic. If I knew exactly how long this would last then I would be feeling totally great just knowing when it will end. As it is I'm just trusting that every minute is one minute closer to having this behind me, unless I overdid it so much that I will never feel good again. Sounds crazy but that fear does creep into my head more the longer this goes on.

I didn't realize what I was getting into that is for sure. I think I'm turning the corner. I got all my pills together and I'm getting rid of those tomorrow. I don't want to be tempted now that I know what I was really feeling was the same high people who take oxy go for. Nothing against people who take oxy! ;) I was about to go to bed but just posted in the Other Drugs forum because I was poking around there and the top thread was on Kratom. I saw some misinformation and posted what I knew from first hand experience.

On the one hand Kratom probably got me a few raises but once you start dishing out a hundred a day to feel that way and then almost go crazy when you run out that is not a life I want to live anymore. I am almost nervous about actually going to bed because if I fall asleep and wake up feeling even sicker I am going to be very, very depressed.

I can make it through this though. I might even tell work what was going on. They are going to wonder. I used to go home and by morning another few thousland lines of code were written. Last night I didn't do anything but try to eat unsuccessfully and then lay in bed shaking. Tonight I did eat a few pieces of pizza and a scoop of ice cream, so that is progress. I will be so very, very happy if I can eat a huge Christmas Dinner!

I also read about the diarrhea I actually can't wait for that to happen! One thing about Kratom is that you get plugged up like crazy! I can't wait for my bowels to be normal. I'm guessing that'll take a while so I didn't try your loperamide idea because the last thing I want is to be even more plugged up.

KratomBites

Yeah, constipation comes with all opiates. Usually the diarrhea hit's me early in the withdraw though, usually before puking and it's pretty much impossible to go anywhere without Loperamide. Then I take a bunch and it sort of evens it out, so to speak. But yeah if you're still sort of constipated I wouldn't take it either.

Oh boy.... "Still sort of constipated...." Yikes! I'm still totally constipated. It has been days since I crapped at all. I'm still early into the withdrawals I think. Not good!

KratomBites: i just want to point out some inconsistencies in your posts: on the one hand, you have have to take shit to stave off the wd's so you can function at work, then on the other hand, if the wds don't get better, by the weekend, you'll order more...... my only point is that when we're in wds our mind becomes very convincing in any ridiculous argument imaginable to score more dope. it makes no rational sense WHATSOEVER to score so you feel better over the weekend when you could be safely enduring the wds w/o work pressure. additionally, don't they have the Flu virus where you live? people DO get sick, legitimately laid out, and it doesn't have to have anything to do w/drugs. i was in cc the other day and the doc was going on and on about this debilitating stomach flu his wife had had for weeks...... i'd tread carefully, as your thinking might not be completely rational right now, and because you've lead a pretty clean life thus far, you are also dealing w/a lot of self-judgement, etc.... btw, feeling like hell and struggling to walk across the room IS NOT AS BAD AS IT CAN GET! lying in your own shit and vomit, unable to move, and dehydrated, and pulling your skin off, is as bad as it can get, so quit now, while you're ahead, and don't think you're going to die. many junkies have survived wds. i don't mean to discount the intensity of what you are feeling, but i do want to warn you that it can only get worse, and to be weary of your mind convincing you otherwise... best of luck to you.
g

Thanks Sleepy. I am definitely not mentally great right now. All day I was thinking of ordering more but I didn't. I can't wait to find out how long this lasts. When it is over I won't be going back. I don't have the flu. I would take the flu in a heartbeat over this. Plus with the flu you don't feel scared and depressed you just feel sick and know it'll get better in 48 hours.

My biggest worry right now is that this is only the beginning. For all I know I could be looking at another week like this and it could get worse. This is about as much as I can take and still make it to work. Another night tonight like last night and I won't be making it to work even late.

hi KratomBites - i'm glad you've successfully avoided reordering. just a clarification, i wasn't suggesting that you actually HAD the flu, but that if worse became unbearable, you could SAY you had the flu, one of those terrible strains going around that you were told about at the cc unit, etc... and that the doctors said it could last weeks. i'm just thinking if you could buy time away from work pressure, you could more easily withstand the wds and successfully remain drug free. as far as not knowing how long it will last, or if it's peaked, etc... all of our bodies, tolerances, etc are different, and there isn't a great deal known about Kratom, the type, strength you were taking etc... so i wouldn't waste valuable mental strength trying to predict the future or become fearful of what you may or may not be able to endure. i DO know that junkies survive kicking HARD all the time. it's difficult, but it WILL EVENTUALLY GET BETTER. but nothing is going to turn around quickly. there are acute wds, and long term wds. long term wds could last six-twelve months, for some addicts. not that yours will, but i'd focus on just dealing w/what you have in front of you right now. one thing at a time. hot showers. stay hydrated. maybe go to the doctors and TELL them you are going through opiate wd and see if they'll prescribe meds. even a Clonidine, transdermal patch could help you. but if you're not vomiting, you could even take the pills. and there are other things they can give you, that are non-addictive, that could help w/the various wd symptoms. actually, the more i think about it, the more i think Clonidine might be helpful for you, from what you've described as your most debilitating symptoms/cravings/agitation; they could even prescribe anti-depressants...

best of luck to you! stay strong, and try not to beat yourself up.

g

Wtf? There's nothing wrong with, or unsafe about taking that dose, or even a higher dose of Loperamide. I can't even count the number of people on here I've seen recommend somewhere around that very dose for people in withdraw. It's such a common misconception that taking a high dose of Lope will "block you up for weeks". That's total BS. No matter what dose you take, it will be out of your system (at least noticeably) in a week at the very most, and even that would require a massive amount. And like I stated earlier, when you're in withdraw a moderate dose of Lope just balances out the diarrhea you experience. I've taken a total of 24mg in the last 48 hours and have had two perfectly normal bowel movements. Other than this misconception, I can't see what you could possibly see as being unsafe about this...

and the OP has stated that he will be using this thread as a sort of blog and updating regularly. OD is for quick answers to quick questions.

Ileus, mechanical obstruction and telescoping of the intestine (intussusception)

Well I didn't even make it to work today, this is by far the worst day. I got a little soup in me a few hours ago but otherwise I've just been laying in bed. Drank some water and some gatorade too. I didn't take any oxy today, maybe it was helping a little Monday or Tuesday and I didn't know it because I couldn't feel it.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to the hospital if it gets worse. I literally feel like I'm just going to pass out and die but I keep waking up every hour or so just to feel worse. I will never take Kratom again, I know that. I had no idea how bad it was going to be and I don't know how long this lasts. I am way out in the boonies, 20 miles from the nearest store or hospital and I live by myself. I can just see my parents getting a call I was found on Christmas morning drowned in my own puke or something. Back to bed, I'm not even strong enough to sit up in a chair. God this sucks!

KratomBites

Not sure if this is helping anyone. But to let you all know it is day 4 now. I tried to go to work and they sent me home for being too sick.

I think I am turning the corner. Ate a little bit. Still really sick but last night I took some ExLax and this morning I'm lucky I didn't have a clogged toilet. Must've been stuck in me somehwere.

No more Oxys. If anyone is wondering they don't help and I think they have prolonged everything since a I took a few the first couple days. I don't know for sure though and I felt nothing on them. I'm so tempted to try but I am so scared it'll make this go on longer and I just want it to be over.

I've been taking a multi-vitamin every day and drinking as much fluid as I can.

That is all I can think of. If you or anyone you know was taking the Kratom FST then if I possible I would try to get them off it as fast as possible. If they are taking a lot of it a professional detox place may be good or a hospital if you are lucky enough. They definitely shouldn't be alone. I think one of the things that made this so difficult was being so alone. I wasn't interested in talking to anyone but I was and still am so scared and didn't even have the ability to crawl into this room and type on my computer.

For all I know I may still have another few days of this but I am starting to feel better. Best guess is I feel how I did Tuesday so maybe I'm a little half way to normal I don't know. Wednesday and today are such a blur.

Take care and I will post more how this goes.

KratomBites

Day 4 is normally when you will start feeling better so you're definitely on your way. Should only get better from here on out and I wouldn't take any more Oxy, it will just prolong things. You're too close to the end now to warrant taking any opiates at all. I forgot to recommend this earlier and I wish I would have but take a nice hot bath, it really helps for the aches and restlessness. At least for the time you're in the bath. Sometimes just a little break from the agony is all you need to lift your spirits.

Now would be a good time to start preparing for the PAWS or Post Acute Withdraw Syndrome. When the physical withdraw goes away you're likely to get hit with depression, anxiety, insomnia, bad cravings and extreme boredom. Having something to counteract these is critical in staying clean. Right now your mind is completely occupied on getting through the pain and nothing else but when the pain is over you're left with a sort of "now what?" feeling. Don't expect the journey to be over when the physical pain is, it's only the beginning of a long road. In my honest opinion, staying clean, post acute withdraw is the harder part. It's likely that you'll feel like you don't get much enjoyment out of anything anymore, especially the things you used to do while high. You need to avoid those things for now, as they could be potentially triggering. Unfortunately, one of those things is your job, so you have to get used to working without the Kratom, which might be hard. You're brain is going to be very low on endorphins and a couple things that work well for this are exercising, cleaning, and eating spicy foods once in a while. You need to pick up new hobbies and new routines to keep your mind off the drug as much as possible. Search for some new bands you might enjoy, use the money you're saving up from not buying Kratom and treat yourself to a nice dinner of your favorite food. Both of these are mood enhancing, therefor, helpful in endorphin production. The PAWS can last a long time, how long is kind of up to you and your efforts in changing around your lifestyle. It won't get any better unless you work at making it better.

It's during this time that relapses are the most common and one important thing you have to understand is people rarely quit for good on their first try. I'm not saying it's impossible or that you won't do it but it's gonna take a lot of hard work on your part. One of the most common causes of relapse is the thought that "I've done so well, I deserve a little treat, just once." No you don't! Well yeah you do, but NOT of the drug. If that thought ever enters your mind, even for a second, discard it completely. It's delusional BS your brain is making up, crying out for those synthetic endorphins. I can't stress this enough. The more you think about that, the more you'll begin to justify in your head and think that it's okay. It's NEVER okay to reward yourself with the drug you're trying to quit. It makes no sense at all, just remember that.

The first time I tried kicking Poppy-seed tea about a year and a half ago, I was convinced that all I had to do was make it through the physical withdraw and I would be totally fine but this is; unfortunately, not the case at all. I didn't know about PAWS at all and it hit hard. Once the initial rush of waking up pain-free wore off, I became incredibly depressed and obsessive, unable to stop thinking about it at all. It was daunting and I'm not trying to scare you or anything, I'm just making sure you know what's ahead. It's something ALL addicts have to come to terms with and it's better to know ahead of time.

But on a lighter note, you've done an awesome job so far, for sure. To make it even this far on your first time is a really good sign and you should be very proud of yourself. I hope you don't think I'm discounting your efforts here, I'm in no way insinuating that what you're going through now is easy. It's my belief that you should always hope for the best but prepare for the worst. I really wish I could heed my own advice as well as I can give it... I wish you all the luck in the world!

Last edited:
I'm so glad I came back here and read your message because I was about to try an oxy to see if that would help me sleep. The Kava isn't doing it and when I lay down I still just want to kick. Now I'm going to skip it.

When I go home for Chistmas which it looks like I'll be able to do now I'll know who to give all those to. And to think I had those all this time not knowing what they did.

What I wouldn't give to sleep and wake up with strength and a big appetite! I will have to be careful, I really miss the euphoria again even it is what got me here. Just to think all the money I spent on that could've bought me a week in one of the fancy places movie stars go to get clean.

I'm looking forward to going back to church. I really miss church and there are people there I know I could talk to if I ever was going to be honest about what I've done. Know one knows and that is weighing on me. At least I think it is or it is the depression I've been dealing with the last few days.

I went to work yesterday too and they sent me home. I didn't know that until today and forgot to put that in my other post. I must've been really out of it. That is like a 50 minute round trip ride. But I like my work and if I was as scared of dieing Wednesday as I was early today that is probably why I did it.

Thanks again for your message it kept me off the oxys and instead I ate a small piece of pizza and a small bowl of ice cream.

Hoping for some actual sleep now instead of all the tossing & turning & kicking. That gets really, really old fast.

KratomBites

I'm glad you decided against taking that Oxy. It's definitely critical that you get rid of them as soon as possible and I'm all for giving drugs to someone else over flushing them but do what you gotta do. If you start to crave too badly before Christmas just flush the fuckers.

Your strength and appetite will come back in time. I'm on day six right now and I still haven't gotten a normal appetite back. If it wasn't for pot I probably wouldn't be eating anything at all. I'm relatively pain free now but I still get fatigued easily if I stand for too long or walk too far. I'm also going at this alone, no one I know personally knows about my addiction and I think this is the reason I've been failing over and over. I feel more optimistic than I ever have now but having someone to physically talk to would definitely help. As does writing, either blogging away on here or keeping a journal of how your feeling day by day. Just get those anxious or depressive thoughts out of your head.

It's commendable that you've even been attempting to go to work the last couple days. I've been there and there's not much worse than being at work, knee deep in withdrawal. I shutter just thinking about it.

Like I said though, if you can't sleep, take a hot bath. Totally helps the jimmy legs and wanting to jump out of your skin.

KratomBites: i'm SOOOO glad you're through the worst of it. Shady is correct, PAWS are the most sinister. from my experience, while you're dealing w/acute wds, all of the, for me, violent sickness, pretty much keeps you occupied; ie, you're not thinking about what you want in life except to not be sick as a dog, but after that phase passes, and your brain is still screaming for opiates that it has become accustomed to, the pleasure centers are screaming for SOMETHING. so you have to help your brain rebuild, and get your endorphines going, good diet and exercise, while sounding too simple, are you key, IMHO. the exercise especially, as i used to run three times a day that time i successfully kicked the street dope. it was fucking HOT in the majave desert while kicking during the summer, but i didn't care. i needed to sweat and exhaust myself physically to relax at all, or feel any pleasure. and supplements, IMO, would help your brain, as it's been stressed lately: a multi, a B complex for the stress recovery, calcium/magnesium in a 2:1 ratio for your nerves, on an empty stomach. and as another poster mentioned, in the early days, pot could help stimulated your appetite and lift your mood, but it is another drug, so you may or may not choose to use it, depending on your ideas about that. but i'd start seriously working out daily. i'd avoid simple sugars on an empty stomach as that will cause your blood sugar to surge then plummet, worsening your depression. a script for anti depressants could also give your brain a boost, to get back to normal. and coming clean to a few trusted friends, especially in your case, as you've expressed having them, and feeling bad about the secrecy, would be helpful, really. keeping secrets is hard on our self-esteem, and that can effect your whole outlook. and eventually, you might give a few different NA mtgs a try. just to see if they're at all helpful -- you might be surprised.

keep it up! you're doing great! .. just remember what Shady wrote, and don't become complacent after the worst is over, because the PAWS are very dangerous, sneaky...

g

Thanks Shady - congrats on day 6, I can't wait to get there myself.

Thanks Sleepy - I definitely plan on getting the exercise going! I will be watching my diet too and looking at this endorphin stuff I will have to read about them. Sounds like there are better ways than drugs to lift them.

KratomBites