• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox KRATOM TO BEAT ALCOHOL/ COFFEE WITHDRAWALS

Ayates420

Greenlighter
Hello all! This is my first post on any forum ever, although I have read erowid and blue light for a long time. Anyways, to the addiction and recovery. The purpose of this thread is to find people using Kratom to ease the withdrawals alcohol/ caffeine. I have been consuming 1500 micrograms of caffeine almost everyday for over a decade. ( from Starbucks, this last two years 12 shots price has risen to $11.37) and have been an everyday day alcoholic for about 15 years. I am currently trying the "chipping" technique of reducing consumption. Starting to use alcohol and coffee every other day, with a heated a/b salt extraction of kratom tea. I have went through one full alcohol detox w the aid of kratom. It makes all aches and pains go away and sickness stop. Then I do a gentle taper w kratom and start all over again 😀. I'm just looking for anyone else who has used kratom to ease withdrawals. My apologies to those dealing with difficult substance withdrawals as weed,alc and coffee is nothing compared to hard drug withdrawals. Thank you all for your time

Good luck. I have been using Kratom on and off for a few months. I have used it for a hangover a few times, but I can't comment on serious withdrawals. when I was getting off H and pills, I had never heard of kratom, sadly. I cold turkeyed. let us know how it goes. good luck.

Kratom eases alcohol withdrawal? Surprising. But I guess a decent opioid eases pretty much any unpleasant condition in a non tolerant individual. I would have been concerned about seizures, though. You do realize that Kratom will likely get you totally hooked, right? You are clearly an addictive personality so you won't stand a chance with an opioid. I can easily handle alcohol, I drink a lot but never got hooked. With Kratom I was hooked almost almost immediately. Sure, Kratom addiction is way better than alcoholism but Kratom mixes great with booze so you likely end up on both and then you got worse problems.

I would suggest to taper down the caffeine with caffeine pills, should be no problem at all given that caffeine is weak, useless shit that is no longer psychoactive in a tolerant individual. The alcohol can be quite painlessly withdrawn with 3-5 Clonazepam 2mg or Diazepam 10mg pills. Just three or five pills are required, it works like a charm. I have seen my alcoholic father withdraw almost painlessly from his massive alcohol consumption by taking Clonazepam for three days (1 pill a day) when he stopped drinking. He was a bit shaky (hands shaking...) and weak afterwards but there was no real withdrawal. Without the Clonazepam, he always had to be hospitalized when stopping the booze, with seizures and life threatening withdrawal. Can you get a few pills of a strong, long acting benzodiazepine? It needs to be strong and really long acting, Xanax or similar will not work. Really just 3 Clonazepam pills or 5 diazepam!! Not a whole box to start the next habit.

Hello all! This is my first post on any forum ever, although I have read erowid and blue light for a long time. Anyways, to the addiction and recovery. The purpose of this thread is to find people using Kratom to ease the withdrawals alcohol/ caffeine. I have been consuming 1500 micrograms of caffeine almost everyday for over a decade. ( from Starbucks, this last two years 12 shots price has risen to $11.37) and have been an everyday day alcoholic for about 15 years. I am currently trying the "chipping" technique of reducing consumption. Starting to use alcohol and coffee every other day, with a heated a/b salt extraction of kratom tea. I have went through one full alcohol detox w the aid of kratom. It makes all aches and pains go away and sickness stop. Then I do a gentle taper w kratom and start all over again 😀. I'm just looking for anyone else who has used kratom to ease withdrawals. My apologies to those dealing with difficult substance withdrawals as weed,alc and coffee is nothing compared to hard drug withdrawals. Thank you all for your time
Hello and welcome!! I'm glad you've finally joined and made your first post :)

Good on you for cutting down on alcohol and caffeine, your body and brain will thank you for it. Don't downplay the significance of what you're doing. On the contrary, alcohol withdrawals can actually be life-threatening if they are severe enough. I've suffered withdrawals from just about every type of physically addictive substance, and alcohol is definitely more unpleasant and difficult than opiates to get clean off of, in my experience.

How much exactly are you drinking every day?

How much exactly are you drinking every day?

That was also a question in my head. I am pretty sure that full blown, clinical alcohol withdrawal would not be impressed by Kratom. I saw the condition it put my otherwise very robust and strong father into. A shivering, puking mess, lying on the floor, cramping with severe seizures, total loss of control. Surely Kratom wouldn't do jack in that condition. OP must be a somewhat controlled alcoholic.

That was also a question in my head. I am pretty sure that full blown, clinical alcohol withdrawal would not be impressed by Kratom. I saw the condition it put my otherwise very robust and strong father into. A shivering, puking mess, lying on the floor, cramping with severe seizures, total loss of control. Surely Kratom wouldn't do jack in that condition. OP must be a somewhat controlled alcoholic.
Agree. Kratom won't do anything for severe alcohol WD. Light drinkers ( couple of times a week, one or two drinks ) a few grams might take the edge off and relax us instead of the alcohol. Moderate users ( 4 times a week , 3 or 4 drinks ) kratom will relax you and help you sleep but it won't do anything for the WD symptoms. Heavy drinkers ( every day and more than 5 drinks ) kratom won't even relax you or help you sleep. Detox with benzos for seizures is all that will help.

And it won't do a thing for coffee WD's either. Caffeine is a stimulant and WD produces a nasty headache. Only Excedrin will help you there. You also might get jittery with kratom so that won't help. It will make you anxious and want a cup of coffee . And a drink !!

Kratoms only real benefit with WD's ( if they aren't too severe ) is some energy, some light sedation, a mood lift and maybe some pain relief. Depending on how many grams you take.

If someone is a non life threatening WD ( not alcohol or benzos ) an extract of kratom can feel quite nice. Longer lasting and a little " heavier" than the crushed leaf.

Agree. Kratom won't do anything for severe alcohol WD. Light drinkers ( couple of times a week, one or two drinks ) a few grams might take the edge off and relax us instead of the alcohol. Moderate users ( 4 times a week , 3 or 4 drinks ) kratom will relax you and help you sleep but it won't do anything for the WD symptoms. Heavy drinkers ( every day and more than 5 drinks ) kratom won't even relax you or help you sleep. Detox with benzos for seizures is all that will help.

And it won't do a thing for coffee WD's either. Caffeine is a stimulant and WD produces a nasty headache. Only Excedrin will help you there. You also might get jittery with kratom so that won't help. It will make you anxious and want a cup of coffee . And a drink !!

Kratoms only real benefit with WD's ( if they aren't too severe ) is some energy, some light sedation, a mood lift and maybe some pain relief. Depending on how many grams you take.

If someone is a non life threatening WD ( not alcohol or benzos ) an extract of kratom can feel quite nice. Longer lasting and a little " heavier" than the crushed leaf.

It takes more than 5 drinks a day for full blown WDs, believe me. I know so many people who drink more than a bottle of strong wine plus some beer every day and those folks do not get any WDs, they just get annoyed and sleep badly for two days. Germany is a heavy drinking nation and many here are functional semi alcoholics who drink a load every evening. That rarely results in proper withdrawal, you need booze 24/7, morning, lunch and evening to be really physically dependent.

I have periods of heavy drinking, been drinking daily for almost 20 years now and often a lot. Never get any WDs when I cannot drink (travel, driving, stomach bug...). Alcohol is short acting, quite difficult to get seriously physically hooked.

It takes more than 5 drinks a day for full blown WDs, believe me.
Indeed. I drank 12-18 units of alcohol every evening/night for 9 years without cease, not a single break, and never developed a major physical dependence or withdrawals.

I've been told by doctors that as little as 4 drinks/day for men or 2 for women qualifies someone for Alcohol Use Disorder, however this is kinda bullshit IMO and is also different from dependence or withdrawals.

Relative to other drugs such as benzos it's actually quite difficult to become physically dependent on alcohol. As long as you don't drink with your breakfast and have at least 4-6 hours of sober time per day, aka waiting until 5pm, you're safe from complete alcohol dependence.

That's not to say minor withdrawal symptoms aren't possible, but for me, those were always moot compared to real drug withdrawals and I hardly even notice them. There was one point where I did start having real withdrawal symptoms, though. That's when I started drinking booze on my lunch break at work and not waiting until I got off.

But 5 drinks? No.

Agree. Kratom won't do anything for severe alcohol WD.
Definitely not. If anything I believe it would actually make it significantly worse. It's likely to lower seizure threshold and add adrenaline into a situation that abhors it.

Just based on how kratom will make me feel even worse if I am hungover, I think it could be pretty bad actually for someone with severe alcohol withdrawal or God forbid DTs.

Kratom also seems to give me some very minor/mostly internal hallucinations on its own which are worse if I am coming off alcohol.

With all that said, someone who has 5 drinks per day and misses it after stopping, yeah, kratom could definitely fill that void quite well.

As for caffeine withdrawals I have no idea, I've never taken more than 400mg in a day.

Last edited:
Indeed. I drank 12-18 units of alcohol every evening/night for 9 years without cease, not a single break, and never developed a major physical dependence or withdrawals.

I've been told by doctors that as little as 4 drinks/day for men or 2 for women qualifies someone for Alcohol Use Disorder, however this is kinda bullshit IMO and is also different from dependence or withdrawals.

Relative to other drugs such as benzos it's actually quite difficult to become physically dependent on alcohol. As long as you don't drink with your breakfast and have at least 4-6 hours of sober time per day, aka waiting until 5pm, you're safe from complete alcohol dependence.

That's not to say minor withdrawal symptoms aren't possible, but for me, those were always moot compared to real drug withdrawals and I hardly even notice them. There was one point where I did start having real withdrawal symptoms, though. That's when I started drinking booze on my lunch break at work and not waiting until I got off.

But 5 drinks? No.

Definitely not. If anything I believe it would actually make it significantly worse. It's likely to lower seizure threshold and add adrenaline into a situation that abhors it.

Just based on how kratom will make me feel even worse if I am hungover, I think it could be pretty bad actually for someone with severe alcohol withdrawal or God forbid DTs.

Kratom also seems to give me some very minor/mostly internal hallucinations on its own which are worse if I am coming off alcohol.

With all that said, someone who has 5 drinks per day and misses it after stopping, yeah, kratom could definitely fill that void quite well.

As for caffeine withdrawals I have no idea, I've never taken more than 400mg in a day.

Totally agree. I am pretty sure that I could drink half a bottle of hard booze (vodka, whisky, gin) every day for a year without getting proper WDs. My dad did a bottle of hard booze a day, plus a bottle of wine in the morning and beer as his fluid intake. He never drank water, just beer. That got him into awful WDs, I had to call an ambulance when I was nine years old as I found him lying in his puke, seizing and cramping. I didn't know the phone number for an ambulance back then so I called the police, whose number I did know. They sent an ambulance, thankfully, without police showing up.

It takes more than 5 drinks a day for full blown WDs, believe me. I know so many people who drink more than a bottle of strong wine plus some beer every day and those folks do not get any WDs, they just get annoyed and sleep badly for two days. Germany is a heavy drinking nation and many here are functional semi alcoholics who drink a load every evening. That rarely results in proper withdrawal, you need booze 24/7, morning, lunch and evening to be really physically dependent.

I have periods of heavy drinking, been drinking daily for almost 20 years now and often a lot. Never get any WDs when I cannot drink (travel, driving, stomach bug...). Alcohol is short acting, quite difficult to get seriously physically hooked.
Oh sind Sie ein Deutscher?! Cool :)

Oh sind Sie ein Deutscher?! Cool :)

Yeah, totally German, but used to live in the US and the UK for several years. Always liked US discussion boards more than their German counterparts. We do have quite interesting drug discussion boards in Germany, though.

For me this isn't first time tapering down alcohol w kratom. After a bad binge I found myself withdrawing from lack of liquor. Ending in vomiting diarrhea and flu like symptoms. When this was occurring, 7 grams of almost any strain of kratom would halt physical ailments. I have no problem tapering off kratom as I have massive excess. I also have plenty of diazepam , but find benzos to be more addictive than kratom. Thank all of you for your input!

Kratom does affect adenosine receptors, that combined with it’s opioid and adrenergic effects and one will definitely not notice the normal effects of caffeine withdrawal.

As others have said though, for serious alcohol withdrawals, benzodiazepines and preferably a medically supervised detox are necessary.