• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom rapid withdrawal

Don't count out the wildly varying effects different strains can have. My Green Maeng Da holds me religiously well through the night. A lot of the reds or more obscure, limited availability type strains I pick up often seem to leave me sick as fast as they come on. If you had a period of sobriety and now you've got different stuff, could that be it? Right now I'm out of any of my greens and using all dark strains and quite frankly they're shit.

Don't count out the wildly varying effects different strains can have. My Green Maeng Da holds me religiously well through the night. A lot of the reds or more obscure, limited availability type strains I pick up often seem to leave me sick as fast as they come on. If you had a period of sobriety and now you've got different stuff, could that be it? Right now I'm out of any of my greens and using all dark strains and quite frankly they're shit.
Reds seem to also not tickle my receptors quite like a lighter colored strain. I thought I was imagining it since everyone on the kratom subreddit says reds are powerful. I can take a red and it barely even gets me feeling well if it's been a few hours since my last dose.

I experience quite the opposite; I only experience those rapid onset withdrawal symptoms manifesting when I'm taking higher doses. For instance, if I'm regularly taking kratom and my average re-dose size is 5g, i'll begin noticing the onset of withdrawal symptoms 5-6 hours after dosing. But if im only taking 1.5-2g per dose, I don't really notice much in terms of withdrawal between doses, and can go much longer before feeling a desire to redose.

I always figured this was because those lower doses don't activate the MOR profoundly enough to make those receptors "raw" and downregulated to the extent that say 5g does, thus producing less of a rebound. The higher doses seem to make my opioid receptors scream, "hey asshole! where did that stuff go?!!", whereas the lower doses don't.
This is the case for me as well. When my dose starts to go above the 8g per day line, I will start to feel like shit almost constantly. Restless legs and arms so bad I can barely function. It keeps me in check though with not getting hooked on an absurd daily amount, so I'm not complaining!