• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom question

Mega333

Greenlighter
Hi there! First of all let me say I'm not only new here but new to forums as well so if I'm doing something wrong or could be doing something better let me know. I did search for this topic before posting this and I didn't find what I was looking for if I need to be directed elsewhere please let me know thanks!

So long short I've been looking for something for my chronic sciatica pain for a year, a couple months ago I stumbled upon kratom. Found a reputable site and starting experimenting with the various strains and veins (lol I made a rhyme). I've found that the dose that works for me is 4-8 grams depending on my pain and which particular strain of kratom I have. For the first six weeks I just did the tried and true toss and wash which while disgusting ensured nothing was wasted. It was rough on my tummy gave me some raucous gas and pooping trouble lol. So I researched the tea used the same amount of grams and perfected a recipe that tasted quite nice. For the past two weeks I've been ingesting said tea. However I've noticed that about 3 to 4 hours after ingestion I'm getting stomach pain that last up to an hour. Like a sharp stomach ache. Anyone else have these issues or advice on dealing with it? Thank you in advance!

P. S. No other substances other than smoking cigarettes and caffeine from coffee are being used at this time. Well besides one Tylenol in the morning.

Thanks for the response but would that just give me the same problems wash and toss did?

It’s going to have some constipation as a side effect since it’s hitting the same receptors that opioids do. I’m surprised you didn’t have the same problems with the tea. Or maybe your stomach issues with the tea is related to constipation. It’s hard to say.

I love kratom myself and while it doesn’t comstipate me as much as true opioids do, it’s still a side effect to be mindful of.

I forgot to add that the powder didn't really constipate me it just made it a little harder to go. And the tea had the opposite effect. Like 3 hours after ingestion when the sharp tummy ache set in I'd have the squirts a few times then after the pain was gone no more troubles. I haven't found anyone in my searches that went through this and it's weird lol. Like WTF powder makes it a little hard to go and then tea makes me have the runs doesn't make sense to me. And I need a solution because TBH kratom allows me to live with this back pain and has allowed me to start exercising so my weight that I've been trying to lose has finally started coming off. It's a game changer for me and I do not want to have to seek out pharmaceuticals.

Yeah that’s weird that tea would have such an opposite effect. I’m aftaid I don’t have any answers for you. Sorry. Hopefully someone else will come along and be more helpful :)

Constipation is going to be an issue regardless of method of consumption- kratom hits opioid receptors so it will always have this effect at a degree corresponding mainly with dosage and tolerance..but tolerance to constipation effect builds much more slowly than tolerance to other effects.

Your best bet may be laxatives if this continues to be a concern.

How many times have you done tea method and did you include any other ingredients? Anything different in diet between experiences? If you've only done tea once and no differences, could just be that it had been so long since you last defecated.

-PA

As I stated before it does not constipate me when I ingest the powder. Still go everyday just spend a little extra time in the bathroom. I've been on the tea 2 weeks nothing else in my diet has changed. For the past two weeks 3 hours after i ingest the tea I get a sharp stomach pain that last an hour and I only have the squirts during this time.

Tried the kratom in powder form an hour ago like I did before I started making tea and now my tummy has a sharp ache like I did the tea. Just mixed it in my reg tea and drank it. About 4 grams which is a light dose for me. Could the difference on what strain make a difference like this was a Thai red vein instead of Bali red vein?

I forgot to add that the powder didn't really constipate me it just made it a little harder to go. And the tea had the opposite effect. Like 3 hours after ingestion when the sharp tummy ache set in I'd have the squirts a few times then after the pain was gone no more troubles. I haven't found anyone in my searches that went through this and it's weird lol. Like WTF powder makes it a little hard to go and then tea makes me have the runs doesn't make sense to me. And I need a solution because TBH kratom allows me to live with this back pain and has allowed me to start exercising so my weight that I've been trying to lose has finally started coming off. It's a game changer for me and I do not want to have to seek out pharmaceuticals.

If it ever becomes Harder to go /evacuate, invest in some Magnesium Oxide. Not just any OL Mag but this is what they use to purge you before a colonoscopy. Now brand makes a real good powder. Its great for your brain and sleep and you wont develop a tolerance or experience any paradoxal effects like with constant use of Senna or other stool softeners. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and increase if needed. Remember its a time bomb so dont overdo it on your first try lol.
It wont give you the runs instantly, it gradually works on the whole bowel so don't worry about any away accidents

Maybe try a different strain of kratom. What kind were you taking?

Sorry it took a little bit to get back to you.
The most recent strain I tried was Thai red vein. I had experimented with various other before and none made my tummy hurt. So I was thinking maybe the Thai didn't agree with me however since my last comment on this post I have tried something different and it seems to solve the stomach pain issue quite nicely. I just drink a glass of water while I'm preparing 3grams in about half a cup of water with some sugar warm it all up shoot it down and then slowly drink another glass of water. That seems to do the trick just fine. Also I don't eat right after now either I let my tummy digest on that for about an hour. I've done this 4 times now with success. No tummy ache no constipation and no runs! Thanks everyone for the input I don't think I coulda worked it out without talking it out!

Not necessarily. Everybody responds differently and it really depends on your own body but toss and wash would make me very sick whereas capsules were just fine. I do feel like I should caution you though... I started taking Kratom for sciatica as well and it was very helpful, but I took it every day to control my pain and then when I decided to stop I went through some pretty rough withdrawals. It's a really good idea to take breaks every few days so you don't develop a dependency because it's pretty unpleasant (not as bad as opiate pain medication withdrawals but pretty darn close). The worst was the headache and the RLS that made me feel like I wanted to chop my own legs off... I'm not telling you this to scare you, Kratom can be an incredibly helpful pain management tool and many people find benefit from taking it. I caution you to avoid dependency because if I can help someone avoid the unpleasant withdrawal experience I had... I feel like I should. Nobody should have to be in pain whether from a physical issue or from withdrawal. The key is to use this tool in a careful and moderate way. Good luck in finding the best method for taking it and not having an upset stomach and hopefully it continues to control your pain and help you get through it... sciatica is not fun.

Hey sorry you are having the constipation as a side effect. I just began using Kratom just under 2 weeks ago to finally get off of Suboxone...I can’t believe it actually truly worked, I was down to .25 a day of Suboxone and I’ve had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. The only issue im finding is I have to dose 2 times a day, morning and night to stay comfortable, and with that I am finding some tolerance build up. I take 6 grams per dose, but I do switch strains, I have about 14 different strains between red, green, and white. I guess I should start trying to lower my dose to 1.5-3 grams to reduce tolerance, but at the end of the day I think I’d rather be taking Kratom than Suboxone, also Kratom gives such a great warm feeling, good moody buzz, which suboxone long stopped doing.

Thanks so much. I take a two day break every 4 or five days to combat any physical dependency and sometimes I hold off till I just can't take the pain from my sciatica. I do not want to go through withdrawals for sure. So far wash and toss on an empty stomach followed up by plenty of water is helping. I don't think was taking in enough plain water to help with the digestion. Sorry to hear you have to go through sciatica as well! I'm hoping my continued weight loss will help with that too. I've got a ways to go but I have a good start lol. Thanks again for the advice have a good day!

Hey wolvs yeah I just can't reconcile taking opiates and getting an issue with them over kratom. I want to eventually be pain free and not need anything but to me kratom has way less bad side effects than any other pain reliever. And I like the head change I like to toke it up a bit from time to time as well. So the two pair nicely when I do indulge lol!

Hey wolvs yeah I just can't reconcile taking opiates and getting an issue with them over kratom. I want to eventually be pain free and not need anything but to me kratom has way less bad side effects than any other pain reliever. And I like the head change I like to toke it up a bit from time to time as well. So the two pair nicely when I do indulge lol!

You smoke it? I've never heard of that. Sounds interesting.

No, I've researched smoking it and everything I've found says it's a bad idea. Like the taste is out of this world gross supposedly and the amount you'd have to smoke to get a head change makes it a waste so I haven't even bothered.