• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom + Montelukast= rapid withdrawal?!? WTFuck just happened?

Well, my bloodwork came back, but it raises just as many questions as it answers. I dont have elevated cytochromes, but my blood plasma levels of both alprazolam and levetiracetam are far below what they should be given the doses I take. My levetiracetam dose has been doubled (3000mg/day) and my alprazolam raised 50% to 6mg/day. I go back for more bloodwork in a week to see if my levels of meds are back to where they should be...
I’d love to do a few tests myself tbh. Strange.

I’d love to do a few tests myself tbh. Strange.
This is seeming more and more to be a one off interaction that may never have been observed before. My Dr and I plan to file an adverse event report with the FDA once this is sorted out, or even if it's never figured out completely. Drs need to know the possibility of this fluke reaction sexists and to consider it when prescribing montelukast...

Side effects of singular are flu-like symptoms

About 7 years ago I was prescribed singular, Flovent, and ventolin. I’m also a daily user of opiates.

Upon starting my new medication, I felt like I was in dope withdrawal. I read all the fine print of these medications, and they have side effects which closely resemble dope sickness.

The symptoms stopped after 3 days and I haven’t had any problems with them since.
Since I started he medication all at the same time, I can’t be positive which of the medications caused the flu-like symptoms.

This is seeming more and more to be a one off interaction that may never have been observed before. My Dr and I plan to file an adverse event report with the FDA once this is sorted out, or even if it's never figured out completely. Drs need to know the possibility of this fluke reaction sexists and to consider it when prescribing montelukast...
Honestly not a drug my lab have handled but I can ask some colleagues in our sister lab to see if they have any experience with it. I honestly thought it would have been a fluke reaction in regards to liver enzyme changes.

Did you have otherwise normal LFT result?
Edit to add: also what did your FBCs come back with? All normal?

Last edited:
My metabolism seems to be normalizing, finally. Hopefully my upcoming bloodwork will show that the levels of my meds are back where they're supposed to be so I can get back to my regular doses and back to my kratom taper.

Fuck montelukast...