• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

I used to buy online.... now I just buy in my local headshop

thai, indo, bali = $9/oz

meang da = $10/oz

I know I can get cheaper and used to buy online in the past but I prefer supporting my local headshop because I know them personally and they're good people and like to support them

3oz bags = ~$22

7oz bags = ~$45-50

Wow. 3 ounces is about 85 grams and 50 grams here cost the same (22 USD). But shipping here is extremely expensive, so maybe you should take that into account. Plus I know the guys who sell it are very trustworthy. I'm afraid that some Asian guy scam me hahaha.

Have you tried the White Meang Da? What do you think? You like it?

Wow. 3 ounces is about 85 grams and 50 grams here cost the same (22 USD). But shipping here is extremely expensive, so maybe you should take that into account. Plus I know the guys who sell it are very trustworthy. I'm afraid that some Asian guy scam me hahaha.

I've never cared or felt the difference from white/green /red strains. I've been using kratom almost daily about 8 years.

If I took it blindfolded I could differentiate between meang da and bali but that's about it. I can tell the difference between weed strains more easily.

The brand I buy also lists it's alkaloid content per gram. Strains with slightly more mitragynine and 7hydroxy are not necessarily more potent. Weird plant with many unknown alkaloids.

I generally switch between maeng da and bali. Sometimes I buy indo or thai. Again, small difference to me.

My tolerance may have something to do with my inability to differentiate between white/red/green veins or whatever.

Only time I truly get a good buzz off kratom is when I take 1-2 days off then dose.

I haven't had a true opioid buzz off kratom in 8 years since I started. I miss that. Used to take like 20g and felt like 20mg of oxy!!! was great

Last edited:
I've never cared or felt the difference from white/green /red strains. I've been using kratom almost daily about 8 years.

If I took it blindfolded I could differentiate between meang da and bali but that's about it. I can tell the difference between weed strains more easily.

The brand I buy also lists it's alkaloid content per gram. Strains with slightly more mitragynine and 7hydroxy are not necessarily more potent. Weird plant with many unknown alkaloids.

I generally switch between maeng da and bali. Sometimes I buy indo or thai. Again, small difference to me.

My tolerance may have something to do with my inability to differentiate between white/red/green veins or whatever.

Only time I truly get a good buzz off kratom is when I take 1-2 days off then dose.

I haven't had a true opioid buzz off kratom in 8 years since I started. I miss that. Used to take like 20g and felt like 20mg of oxy!!! was great

And did you have experiences before with other opioids? Do you think its a problem that I have abused tramadol and tapentadol for 2 years in doses> 500 mg? I imagine I should start with a slightly larger dose than usual right?

And did you have experiences before with other opioids? Do you think its a problem that I have abused tramadol and tapentadol for 2 years in doses> 500 mg? I imagine I should start with a slightly larger dose than usual right?
Former heroin addict.

I can't really comment on tramadol it's one of the few opioids I've never tried. 500 does sound high, though.

If you're talking about how much kratom to take it depends on how much tolerance you have. I would start with 10-15g and go from there.

Hmmm thirdeye opener on ig (Adam) ??? He seems like a scammer . He’s always pushing the white meang

Former heroin addict.

I can't really comment on tramadol it's one of the few opioids I've never tried. 500 does sound high, though.

If you're talking about how much kratom to take it depends on how much tolerance you have. I would start with 10-15g and go from there.

Truth be told, 500 mg. it's a low dose for me. In general, it's always between 1000-2000 mg. per day. An INSANE dose I know. So as you say, maybe I should start with 10 grams.

Hmmm thirdeye opener on ig (Adam) ??? He seems like a scammer . He’s always pushing the white meang

hahaha I don't know about that guy. I was talking about buying here in my country (Chile) and they seem reliable cause they have many comments and good reviews. But, those pages that offer kratom (not on the darkweb), but on the "normal web" (?) addition to promising you free shipping, I don't see them as very reliable. Idk.

I still haven't tried this but thinking of grtting dome and see how my body response, for me using it more for opiate withdrawals and a bit of a energy kick what strain is the best. i can get reg, green and white strains froma lot of different places but im looking at getting;

Red Jong Kong
Red malay
Red Maeng Da
Red Vietnam
Red Bali

So any advice or input, this is a med/plant/herb or something i have never tried before. They all come in caps with 2 gram per cap.

I still haven't tried this but thinking of grtting dome and see how my body response, for me using it more for opiate withdrawals and a bit of a energy kick what strain is the best. i can get reg, green and white strains froma lot of different places but im looking at getting;

Red Jong Kong
Red malay
Red Maeng Da
Red Vietnam
Red Bali

So any advice or input, this is a med/plant/herb or something i have never tried before. They all come in caps with 2 gram per cap.
I am unsure of the difference between them and I doubt they are much different bein all Red. But I'm not too experienced with Kratom.
From my understanding, all of them may help you with your objective and I think that you should choose based on the other effects of Kratom.

When I start trying a new Kratom brand I buy one sample of each type and explore them trying to find which one is more what I am looking for.

Well the lowest amount i can buy is 10 grams = 20caps (2g per cap)

So i can start by trying one and if it doesnt work move on the next. 10 grams should be enough for a 1-2 day trail yes?

and i can mix it with white or green for the more stimulating effect for example:
2g red
2g white in the morning

and then see how i feel

or just 4g red and see or....

There are a lot of red, green and white variants to choose from, guess just getting the right combo is whats needed.

Any more input?

oh and then there is the gold that looks like a mix of the three

Last edited:
Well the lowest amount i can but is 10 grams = 20caps (2g per cap)

So i can start by trying one and if it doesnt work move on the next. 10 grams should be enough for a 1-2 day trail yes?
Makes perfect sense. Probably someone can help you make an educated guess.

And for the dose, you have to find out for yourself. I assume you said that the pack comes with 20 grams and 10 caps?

With Kratom, the dosage also changes the effect and more is not necessarily better. When I buy capsules I break them down and consume them two times because I prefer the effect of low doses. So for me, 10 caps would last a long time.

I don't know what your Kratom routine is going to be, but a capsule a day would be the estimate to me.

Well the lowest amount i can buy is 10 grams = 20caps (2g per cap)

and i can mix it with white or green for the more stimulating effect for example:
2g red
2g white in the morning

and then see how i feel

or just 4g red and see or....

There are a lot of red, green and white variants to choose from, guess just getting the right combo is whats needed.

Any more input?

oh and then there is the gold that looks like a mix of the three
I don't recommend buying kratom capsules unless you're buying them from a vendor who also sells quality kratom powder.

If you're looking for stimulation and, considering your opioid tolerance, you might enjoy green or white vein more than red. At least with green you'd still get some light stimulation even if you have an opioid habit, otherwise I don't think you'd fell much out of 2g of red vein and you'd probably be disappointed.
If you want to use it as an opiate replacement then red vein is usually better, but you'll need higher doses like probably more than 5g depending on the quality.

Of the strains you listed I prefer red maeng da and red malay, but it's highly vendor dependent.
Otherwise anything with maeng da, malay or thai in its name is usually good IME:
Red thai, green malay and green maeng da are some of the best strains I've had, though some vendors use different names.

I hope this is the last version of this megathread and not fucked it up.

I have a doubt about Kratom; could kratom help me with opioid withdrawal? I must say that I am taking 1000-3000mg of Tramadol daily (DON'T DO IT PLEASE!!!) or 1500mg of Tapentadol, even sometimes in combination, although in lesser amounts.

I hope this is the last version of this megathread and not fucked it up.

I have a doubt about Kratom; could kratom help me with opioid withdrawal? I must say that I am taking 1000-3000mg of Tramadol daily (DON'T DO IT PLEASE!!!) or 1500mg of Tapentadol, even sometimes in combination, although in lesser amounts.
Yeah I think kratom would be a great idea if not dying is a preference of yours. I was surprised when I came off 5mg of suboxone that 4g of kratom was enough to keep W/d at bay and even cause some euphoria... though doses increased over time. That was the tricky part for me, its hard to not increase doses. I got up to an ounce a day... which still was pretty cost effective if you're buying in kilos. Your overdose risk is practically 0 which is pretty damn significant if you ask me.

Yeah I think kratom would be a great idea if not dying is a preference of yours. I was surprised when I came off 5mg of suboxone that 4g of kratom was enough to keep W/d at bay and even cause some euphoria... though doses increased over time. That was the tricky part for me, its hard to not increase doses. I got up to an ounce a day... which still was pretty cost effective if you're buying in kilos. Your overdose risk is practically 0 which is pretty damn significant if you ask me.

Yeah, I know what I'm doing is dangerous and even stupid but I just can't stop. Just a few questions, what strain do you take or do you recommend? How many grams a day do you take it? A few months ago I tried Kratom Red Bali and it did nothing at all, maybe I was expecting too much. Although I think that maybe the strain was mixed with other shit or it was just a very poor quality Kratom. What I do remember is that some withdrawal symptoms did keep it at bay but only for about twenty minutes / half an hour. Euphoria not once.

Yeah, I know what I'm doing is dangerous and even stupid but I just can't stop. Just a few questions, what strain do you take or do you recommend? How many grams a day do you take it? A few months ago I tried Kratom Red Bali and it did nothing at all, maybe I was expecting too much. Although I think that maybe the strain was mixed with other shit or it was just a very poor quality Kratom. What I do remember is that some withdrawal symptoms did keep it at bay but only for about twenty minutes / half an hour. Euphoria not once.
Try Maeng da, its much stronger. Dont take after 6pm though or you wont sleep

If you have a high opioid tolerance, it can take alot of kratom to feel effects. The alkaloids in kratom are much weaker than strong opioids. For example, I had a a friend that would take a whole ounce of good red vein kratom just to ease oxy withdrawal. No high whatsoever, he would just feel relief of the withdrawal symptoms for a little while.