• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Interactions/Half-life

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
I have been considering using kratom for my ADD and depression instead of being on stims, since they have started to present some really problematic side effects. I know that kratom shouldn't be used with stimulants as it has a number of unknown compounds that probably interact with adrenergic receptors etc... But I don't know the half-lives of all of the compounds, so I'm wondering how many days I should leave between my kratom use and taking focalin.

Unfortunately, no one knows the half lives of all the compounds. Mytragynine has biphasic elimination kinetics. It's eliminated relatively slowly for several hours and then extremely rapidly. If you waited a day, you would probably be pretty much clear of the mytragynine.

Kratom has some serotonergic properties that could be dangerous. I know some people including myself have mixed kratom and amphetamines without any problems at low doses, but that doesn't mean it's safe. I think it's best to space at least 24 h between using either drug, but if you're going to be using high doses, I would wait a few days.

I read about a man having a seizure after combining kratom with modafinil, so kratom could lower the seizure threshold and as Slow_Mobius said, it could be serotonergic, so imo combining it with stimulants is a bad idea