• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Kratom , how many days in a row ,is safe …

I would say that's a bit conservative (of course safer is always better). If you have never been addicted to opiates (not just kratom but any opiate), you can take it, in my opinion, a couple of times of week, and that should be sustaintable, as long as you don't make a habit of multiple days in a row. However, if you're been addicted before, you will get withdrawals very easily again.

Also, in my experience, if you are counting the days and trying to use as much as possible without catching dependence, you are extremely likely to eventually slip into dependence.
Taking something that click your opioid or gaba receptors is a dangerous game,that you play with yourself(myself).People react different,theres a many factors.Just for me this is the truth,do thats why i give this advice-as minimal as possible for naive...for ex-addict probably another addiction.One is sure...if this was legal I will be on it(kratom)

There's no easy answer to this because it depends how much you are taking a day.
I've been on this plant for 5 years and I stick to 5-6g a day. The withdrawal is not very bad, just extreme fatigue, and it only lasts for a few days. Nothing will fix it though, not caffeine, not stimulants, only more kratom. I did this recently, and work retail, and they were some of the most exhausting days of my entire life.

When I was newer, I remember taking closer to 10-12g a day, running out (because I'd bought into that whole it's just like coffee thing) and experienced withdrawals that were probably about as bad as actual opiates. I'm still traumatized to this day by how bad it was, and it coincided with the loss of my grandfather. I was living in Hell.

I can confidently say anti-depressant withdrawal is a million times worse though.
Antidepressant withdrawl is hell for me.Simmilar somehow to benzos.Just....goin crazy.Its a powerful drugs.

I’m on and off Kratom a lot, and I can go up to 2 weeks of constantly being high on Kratom and stop it without feeling withdrawal. I might have a little more difficulty sleeping at first, but it’s not so bad it couldn’t just be chalked up to being just one of those nights.

That’s not to say I recommend doing this or testing your limits. I was honestly surprised by it, but any longer and I have to tapper off to keep from feeling uncomfortable.

I start by taking 4g’s 3-4 times a day, and it goes up to 6g’s 3-4 times a day before I start tapering off, so if your dose is lower than this, and you’re only doing it 2-3 times a day for 5-6 days, I think you’ll be fine regarding physical withdrawals, but you’ll have definitely crossed the line as far as psychological dependency.
Thank you for the info, I stopped at the second day when I started this thread, and I was fine , that was actually the longest I strictly used kratom for,3 doses the first day and two doses the next and I felt fine the third morning with with doing nothing that morning so I’m a believer,I listened to the warning @Nas47 mentioned about not to use it frequently

Not to derail the thread, but your signature says you were in a cult. That seems interesting, could you elaborate on that?
I use to go from 2009-2014 but never considered it a cult while attending but was notified here here on BL that some folks consider it a cult or cult like so I adopted onto my signature

I use to go from 2009-2014 but never considered it a cult while attending but was notified here here on BL that some folks consider it a cult or cult like so I adopted onto my signature
Dont no nothing about that cult and how is related with your signature

I've never wd from krqtom but my use is low dose and very sporadic.

I might take 3-4 grams per day 3x in a week, then I don't touch it again for weeks or months.

Personally, I mainly use it when I'm not sleeping well or my knee hurts(prior injury).

Kratom is funny for me, it works well. Buti don't like other opiates.

I've only used morphine a few times from injuries, but when I broke my leg and they gave me percocets I hated em. Then tramadol, did nothing. Then oxycodone, hated it and all 3 above I quit within 3-4 days

Endo
Perfect!Keep it that way and live your life.

Now it lasts 10-14 days and the restless limbs are so bad it makes me want to off myself, it is impossible to sleep without a benzo for that entire time.
I was having pretty bad RLS last night (day4/5), for some reason it was mostly just in my left arm last night (?), but I read magnesium helps, I took 750mg of regular magnesium and it actually seemed to help, alas, I still could not sleep but not due to the RLS, just the general pain and skinwalker insomnia, but I was able to lie still at least

I'm curious if you've ever tried magnesium? I was quite surprised that it did seem to work, RLS calmed down about 90 minutes after I took 3 pills.

I don't seem to be having major RLS in my legs, might be because I jog so much regularly and my legs are in decent shape, but I never do upper body workouts

and I agree, the longer you're on kratom the worse the withdrawal is, I've been on it for 10 years and it's fucking hell just as bad as opioid withdrawal IMO

Last edited:
I used to consume plain leaf and 10x extract daily for years. I ultimately quit because it was causing me increased blood pressure. Aside from that, I never experienced any issues from use and I don’t recall experiencing any crazy, unbearable withdrawal symptoms when I gave it up. I was using between 5-10g per day.

I think he’s referring to Narcotics Anonymous meetings, not actual cults. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I've been on kratom since May 2021 everyday, usually around 15-25g at a time. Never noticed W/D symptoms, but everyone is different.

It's not really a science, which is where a lot of folks get tied up. You're not really operating on a linear path here. For almost every person I've ever talked to, the first experience with dependence and withdrawal is not in any way forecasted differently from any other day. Once you have the habit for the first time, you can either stop using and walk away or continue dabbling and then that eventually becomes a bigger problem. Mitragynine (Kratom) is a relatively mild Opioid, but there are people addicted to Codeine who would kill their family for more Codeine. It's pretty relative.

It's not really a science, which is where a lot of folks get tied up. You're not really operating on a linear path here. For almost every person I've ever talked to, the first experience with dependence and withdrawal is not in any way forecasted differently from any other day. Once you have the habit for the first time, you can either stop using and walk away or continue dabbling and then that eventually becomes a bigger problem. Mitragynine (Kratom) is a relatively mild Opioid, but there are people addicted to Codeine who would kill their family for more Codeine. It's pretty relative.
True story. I just shook off the physical withdrawals from a high dose codeine/DHC addiction. The only way I got through it this time was by spending a week lolling around, dribbling on Lyrica - which was amazing. I also (legit) had Covid, so could use that to cover it up at work/home.

Dosed Kratom this morning. Still not sure I really get anything from it - hoping it kicks in a little more….

My biggest issue is just wanting to be intoxicated in some way, all the time…. I can’t even blame it on trauma or anything. I just like it more than not being intoxicated ….

I never had a kratom habit and I’m trying to keep it that way,
True story. I just shook off the physical withdrawals from a high dose codeine/DHC addiction. The only way I got through it this time was by spending a week lolling around, dribbling on Lyrica - which was amazing. I also (legit) had Covid, so could use that to cover it up at work/home.

Dosed Kratom this morning. Still not sure I really get anything from it - hoping it kicks in a little more….

My biggest issue is just wanting to be intoxicated in some way, all the time…. I can’t even blame it on trauma or anything. I just like it more than not being intoxicated ….
The last time I tried kratom it was with Ashwagandha which helped me feel normal without getting me high,phenibut was used another day along with kratom to help me with light oxy witdrawal

Depends on how you are taking the Kratom.

If used to come off of other various opiates then the thought will come pretty fucking quick.

If thats not the case, and lets say you are taking a spoon's worth each morning, and have been for a few months now. Then yes, you will think about wanting Kratom.

Finally, if you take Kratom once a week, like on Sundays. Then guess what? You are still going to think about it later in the week.

The thinking part is easy because we some smart motherfuckers, the tricky part is when what and where will you cross that invisible line & once crossed how will you move forward?
(meaning, once you develop that habit, how can you slowly get off Kratom, or if that isn't the goal here then how can you utilize this stuff to allow you to move forward).

the only thing Safe is water and air. and that's even debatable.

Kratom on the other hand is an acquired taste. i can't use the Kratom at all. it it too HARSH on intestinal tract and digestion functioning in my opinion. also i get adverse effects from it. disorientation and nauseating physical sickness and blurry vision. it is quite difficult to ingest to begin with also.

all and all. can be very potent and harmful because of potential dependence. but never benefited me at all and i hope it will never have too !! is all.

can have strength and a bit of a punch for sure.

yuckie rating.

Reactions: Ds
the only thing Safe is water and air. and that's even debatable.

Kratom on the other hand is an acquired taste. i can't use the Kratom at all. it it too HARSH on intestinal tract and digestion functioning in my opinion. also i get adverse effects from it. disorientation and nauseating physical sickness and blurry vision. it is quite difficult to ingest to begin with also.

all and all. can be very potent and harmful because of potential dependence. but never benefited me at all and i hope it will never have too !! is all.

can have strength and a bit of a punch for sure.

yuckie rating.
What? You don't like the taste of Kratom? I could sprinkle that shit on a baked potato. Ive eaten well over 100 kilos of the shit, and if I told you I didn't like the taste of it then why the hell did I go through 100x kilo bags of Kratom lmao.

The kicker is I was able to get through my WDs from Kratom unknowingly while I was rippin n runnin on meth for several days & at the end I couldn't believe that I went days, without taking Kratom, and never had the thought to take any while mething around.
No, I am not saying to do meth, but at how much I was taking, to not even think about the stuff? Maybe I was too involved with taking apart that VCR player to even want to take Kratom?
Who knows?
All I know is I'm still sitting on a kilo of the stuff, and havnt taken any in atleast 4, maybe 5 months?

Fresh kratom doesn't taste that bad at all imo. I kinda like it in a way. However drinking kratom tea/liquid always tasted bad, but I like the powder.

Old/expired/low quality kratom tastes foul and is harsh on the stomach.