• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom first time user.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Just ordered some Red Vein Bali Kratom. Got a 25g tester pack.

I'm using this to help me relax and have the 'sedation' feeling opiates give me. Not sure if I'll get the same effect but whatever.

I need to know how much I should take per dosage, what's the best way to take it and how to roughly measure 1 gram so I don't overdose.

PS, not related but why has my blue light changed colours? It's all black and white now.

Last edited:
Kratom is not quite the same as traditional opiates, just so you know, but it has a very good effect if your tolerance isn't too high.

It wil be hard to mesure it without a scale. I'd say start anywhere from 3-6g depending on your tolerance but since you don't have a scale I'd personally take 1 teaspoon just to gauge the approximate potency of the powder.

Do you have an opioid tolerance currently? If no then I'd suggest trying around 3 grams to start. Maybe 5 grams if your usually hard headed, but it's best to start low. Taking too much Kratom is not very pleasant.

A scale would help immensely. Kratom density varies strain to strain and batch to batch so what looks like 1 gram may not always be 1 gram. Though, in my experience, one teaspoon that is tightly packed and then scraped level is usually in the neighborhood of about 3 grams.