• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: Extracts that are worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratom bomb

Bluelighter
What kind of extracts are the most effective? I want answers from 3 categories; extract, resin, and liquid extract(tincture)
I've tried one 8x standardized extract with only thresh hold effects, and one liquid tincture (not full spectrum) with only thresh hold effects.
There is no hand book on this topic, and no doctors to ask these questions of, so I think we can all benefit from this discussion.

-Do not name websites
-Do not name retail stores
-Do not name prices

-Do name category
-Do list the name of the extract
-Do list the dosage
-Do describe the experience

I would love to hear your experiences. Feel free to personally message me as well.

Well based on research, others experiences and my own, the 9/50/whatever X extracts are bullshit or not worth it.

The good stuff when considering reasonable cost / result ratio is usually named and branded stuff from a clear and single source/manufacturer and comes as enhanced leaf or powder of some sort and doses are usually 0.5 to 3 or so for strong effects.

I would never buy a generic extract like the X times factor ones. I have found following good brands and well know product names with reputation is how your find the winners.

Then you have the more rare liquid extracts like FST. The same rule applies.

I am thinking about buying some extract with my next shipment, but everything is above $25 for 5g. I am considering Thai Essence, Gold Reserve, 10% Bali Kratom Extract Powder, fluid alkaloid solution, and 54% Alkaloid Kratom Extract Resin. They all come in minuscule amounts with the highest quantity at the lowest price being 5g. The question is, can I get more than on dose out of 5g. with these products? I can already have a great experience from eating powdered leaf, but I'm sick of having to eat large quantities of kratom. In my opinion, kratom tastes like powdered perfume. Witch one of these products is going to give me the best experience for the money?

All extracts will do is raise your tolerance, since they are not self limiting as is Kratom. With Kratom, you can only eat about 10-12g before the naseua takes over and ruins the experience. However, with extracts (contain mostly isolated 7-OH and Mitragynine), the sky is the limit, which is a terrible thing when it comes to opioids.

So, stick to plain leaf Kratom only! It's a delightfully weak plant which is great for tapering off of real, poppy-derived opiates (prescribed or not), and is a great painkiller with little potential for abuse compared to hydrocodone and oxycodone. Plain leaf kratom gives a "three dimensional" effect, where the subtle opioid effects come on after the effect of jitter-free energy from the yohimbine-like alkaloid. Extracts, on the other hand, give a cold, 2Dimensional, simple-opioid effect, which makes it just as bad as CII Rx opiates, which is what most pain patients taking Kratom are trying to avoid in the first place.

tl;dr Stick to plain leaf Kratom, since extracts are a terrible representation of the medicinal Kratom plant, and they will only waste your money and raise your tolerance.

I'll share my experience with an extract. I hope it helps others, as there is really very little info regarding extracts. This worries me, since extracts can have doses ranging from 100 mg to 1 gram. The wrong dose could make someone very sick!

Category: Extract powder
Name: 50x (This is not the true/full name. Any more specific would be in violation of BUA)
Dose: First time was 250mg. Average dose now is 350-500mg, depending on if I am mixing it with plain leaf and/or enhanced leaf
Description of the experience: Within 40 minutes of taking the extract on an empty stomach, I begin to feel warm and calm. My normally racing mind quiets. I get a "wiggling" sensation in my legs, and my balance is a bit off. Sleep, which usually arrives after 1-2 hours of tossing and turning, comes easily.

Most reputable sources will have "enhanced blends" that do work very very well. As for the tincture, I've heard it's really potent but I have never tried it and only know one site that has it. Although I agree with the guy that said don't bother with extracts, they do work if you get the right stuff but they will raise your tolerance so fast and you will get bad WDs....And after having extracts for a few days you will not be able to feel the normal leaf for awhile. I don't bother with them unless they are thrown in as a sample then it's kind of hard to resist but I usually regret it.

All extracts will do is raise your tolerance, since they are not self limiting as is Kratom. With Kratom, you can only eat about 10-12g before the naseua takes over and ruins the experience. However, with extracts (contain mostly isolated 7-OH and Mitragynine), the sky is the limit, which is a terrible thing when it comes to opioids.

Sorry but that just isn't true. I eat 30-40 grams with no nausea.

I really don't care about nausea. Have you ever taken subboxone? That gives real nausea.

I really don't care about nausea. Have you ever taken subboxone? That gives real nausea.

Yeah I dunno how people get so nauseous with kratom, I know a few people who couldn't handle their stomachs after small amounts. I've eaten 30-40gs at one time and I regret that shit but I didn't puke and didn't really feel like I had to throw up but I was hella uncomfortable/couldn't see right and was dizzy.

But the first time I took suboxone man I couldn't help but puke it was like there was no holding it, it just exploded out of me. But I can't compare kratom to strong opiates/opioids like that there are major differences and I think that's what people forget about it. Especially with the normal leaf...you aren't going to get the same feeling with kratom that most people want out of their strong opiates.

(not tring to hijack your thread)

Can Kratom be used ontop of suboxone? The subs just aren't cutting it, and I don't want to escalate my benzo tolerence any higher.

Can Kratom be used ontop of suboxone? The subs just aren't cutting it, and I don't want to escalate my benzo tolerence any higher.

Yeah you could do that, although, Subboxone contains naloxone which dulls and limits the potential of you opioid experience.

Suboxon and kradom

As you probably know suboxon causes a blockaid of the mu opieats receptor kratom does not have enough affinity on mu opieats receptor to get past buprenorphine blockaid. So there will be no effect. And unless injected the naloxone does not have any effect has no bioavailability when taken orally

Really, my plan was if I ever got kicked outta my sub clinic was to use kratom, or go on PST Or PPT. I have used it before, I would order a pound of bali every two weeks of just the leaf and grind it myself. I never had any problems with nasuea with kratom(except one time, my tolerance was use to pods at the time circa 2008/9 when they were everywhere and cheap, got really nauseaos and threw up in the park, didn't do it agian UNTIL I decided to quit pills(didn't work,lol) and thats when I would take 4 Tablesppons of the grinded leaves three times daily.. If i used it to get off subs I would definley be getting the enchaned blends for sure...wish I knew where to procure the psedo oxindol or whatever that people say is pretty much an opiate and is synthesized from Mitrygiane

So, stick to plain leaf Kratom only! It's a delightfully weak plant which is great for tapering off of real, poppy-derived opiates (prescribed or not), and is a great painkiller with little potential for abuse compared to hydrocodone and oxycodone. Plain leaf kratom gives a "three dimensional" effect, where the subtle opioid effects come on after the effect of jitter-free energy from the yohimbine-like alkaloid. Extracts, on the other hand, give a cold, 2Dimensional, simple-opioid effect, which makes it just as bad as CII Rx opiates, which is what most pain patients taking Kratom are trying to avoid in the first place.

tl;dr Stick to plain leaf Kratom, since extracts are a terrible representation of the medicinal Kratom plant, and they will only waste your money and raise your tolerance.

Speak for yourself!!!

LOL

I have a HUGE tolerance but I can pretty much eat as much as I want without the nausea actually "ruining the experience".

My tolerance was a lot worse than it is at this point, and I've got it steady at somewhere between 14-18 grams per dose but sometimes I will have 12 grams or so and feel good as well.

A lot of people think that is crazy but I didn't realize early on that I needed to moderate the dosage, only figured I needed to use too many days a week, and it rose even higher than it is now and then back down to where it is and seems steady at this point so as long as I don't make it go up MORE I'm good.

I just seem abnormally tolerant to eat tons of powder and not getting nauseated.

I mean I DO but it only lasts about 45 mins and then it passes.

I agree to stick to plain leaf though as extracts destroy your tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.