• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

kratom extraction what works what doesnt and differences

AllAtOne..ce

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters, I know there are lots of teks some simple some complex for Kratom extraction, but few seem to result in much data. What I am looking to be posted in this thread are experiences with extraction even if the result was a complete failure to this is good too. If butane extracted a gooey mess that had no effects this could still be used to clean more traditional methods. By posting the differences in effects from different solvents or methods we can hypothesize the polarity range of particular alkaloids. And hopefully improve and expand upon extraction methods. I will start with my friends experience: room temp water and heptane were added to a glass container with 10x his single dose of kratom about 50g. The jar was shook and allowed to extract for some time. then the Kratom powder was filtered out and the red water and green haptane were seperated. Both were allowed to completely evaporate and yeilded approx 1.5g heptane resin and 2g water extract. The resin from the heptane was slowly took sublingualy in the morning. The first quarter of the resin seemed to stop his morning WD but was not at all euphoric or fun just normalizing . the rest of the resin was consumed with little effect, and certainly nothing equivalent to the 50g but still seemed to have some interesting component and not at all speedy. The tepid water extracted powder is currently being consumed by my friend. I will report to the results hopefully the low yeild means a more selective extraction and not just an incomplete one.

If I might ask, why would you want to do this? For all the time and effort of making an extraction, it'd probably just be easier to take it normally. Plus, with an extraction, you may not end up with the full spectrum of compounds and not have as good effects from it as a result. From the reports I've read of people taking the isolated compounds, it's more of a "flat" experience than just having the powder.

I enjoy stuffing my mouth with green powder and drinking 2 cokes to get rid of the green dust in my mouth.

I really do.

This is a good post and I'm surprised that no one else has responded. The question that you ask is important and relevant. There are over 20 alkaloids in kratom and depending on the desired effect, some of them may interfere with others.

I can imagine a person that suffers from chronic pain would use kratom for analgesia. This user would want to maximize the extraction of 7-hydroxymitragynine (the main opioid agonist,) Hydroxycorynantheidine (a partial opioid agonist) and possibly Speciociliatine (a weak opioid agonist) while minimizing extraction of Corynantheidine (a μ -opioid antagonist). A different user may want to extract a completely different alkaloid profile for energy and a third user may want something completely different for mood enhancement.

Any thoughts from the DIY chemists out there?

Can you blunt the norepinephrine or whatever effects? Could I take this with dextroamphetamine for a nice pain med? Also, watch it with the chemical talk. Thanks. So what dials down norepinephrine.

I really don't know what that limit is, but it can't be that much. I am keeping this light until I know better.

CWe can be done but alcoholic extracts only give full effect profile imo

Can you blunt the norepinephrine or whatever effects? Could I take this with dextroamphetamine for a nice pain med? Also, watch it with the chemical talk. Thanks. So what dials down norepinephrine.

I've taken kratom with Adderall and had no issues. I would say that you should probably lower your dosage of each if your going to take them together though ... they could work synergistically.

With regard to "blunting the norepinephrine" I would guess that Mitragynine (adrenergic activity, ~66% of total alkaloid content) would have to be removed? However, according to Wikipedia, Mitragynine's "oxidation product mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, acts as an even more potent and selective μ-opioid agonist" so removing that would likely reduce analgesia.

As far as the chemistry talk is concerned, should I save it for the ADD forum or did I break some rule (I'm new). Thanks!

Could a cwe be done on this like making Kava Kava?

You know as far as water extraction goes, it really seems like you have to heat it to a simmer at least. I've tried doing a CWE, or more like making 'cold tea', and it really didn't work as well. I once found somewhere on line this study that said for water extractions, the best yield is about 33% of the active alkaloids, and that is achieved after heating it at a simmer for 2 hours.

From my experience the best thing to do with water extractions is to let the water/kratom soak in lemon juice or orange juice for a few hours.

Also I noticed that when I did an alcohol extract and made tea out of the remaining plant matter, it seemed to have a more pronounced 'opioid effect' leading me to believe that the alcohol might extract some of the less desirable alkaloids, but then I have read other posts claiming the contrary.

I finally finished my outpatient program so I'm going to try making a tincture and see how that works out. Lately kratom hasn't really been doing much for me but leaving me in an unmotivated fog. I actually wish I could get that stimulant effect out of it.

I did some reading and there is some interesting literature available on kratom extraction using different methods and solvents. According the the article linked below, a 50/50 mixture of MeOH and H2O microwaved in a closed vessel yielded the highest % extracted alkaloids.

The author only examined 4 alkaloids, 2 of which are smooth muscle relaxers (and of no significance to me.) The Speciociliatine and mitragynine are of interest though as they are mu opioid agonists. Also, it appears that Indonesian kratom had the highest % alkaloids content which is good to know!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1350417711002045?showall=true&via=ihub

I've taken kratom with Adderall and had no issues. I would say that you should probably lower your dosage of each if your going to take them together though ... they could work synergistically.

With regard to "blunting the norepinephrine" I would guess that Mitragynine (adrenergic activity, ~66% of total alkaloid content) would have to be removed? However, according to Wikipedia, Mitragynine's "oxidation product mitragynine pseudoindoxyl, acts as an even more potent and selective μ-opioid agonist" so removing that would likely reduce analgesia.

As far as the chemistry talk is concerned, should I save it for the ADD forum or did I break some rule (I'm new). Thanks!

I think the chemistry talk is fine. It's not real deep. That is a nice abstract, by the way.

another forum said:
If done correctly with good material a decent yield of HIGH potency extract can be had.

My A/B was on 112g of complete shite kratom and I endeds up with 1/2g. 100mg had me actually nodding and this is when I had a bit of tolerance.

I used water/vinegar as my polar solvent and did a bit of heating.

I do not advise using a non-polar solvent, simply add base (I used ammonia) and filter the precipitate.

Found this on another forum. I'll report back if it's worth a damn