• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Kratom - Describe how it makes you feel

I can feel the narcotic effect like 35 mg of dextropropoxyphene with no tolerance, in addition to others - anticholinergic, cholinergic, almost like a weak benzodiazepine, chamomile, a sympathomimetic stimulant like a quarter of a White Cross or a Benny -- and in 30 minutes I'm really itching for a shot of Scophedal in the main line. I couldn't really tell if one potentiated the other, but the itch for a shot was like the effect that anything more than the alcohol equivalent of two glasses of Gewürztraminer or Graševina in an hour's time . . .

Does the weed help with your anxiety? Since I've developed anxiety a few years ago I can't really smoke weed anymore, it just gets too terrible very soon... severe anxiety, etc. Smoked a few times, though, always in combination with Kratom, which helps. Funnily enough, before the anxiety, when I mixed Kratom and weed it seemed to potentiate the weed quite strong (did it only a few times, though), but since then, it mellows it out. Smoked a few times this year since I was feeling a bit better anxiety-wise and it was pleasurable for the most part (but I also took such small dosages that it's ridiculous compared to what I could smoke a few years ago).

Regarding the original question: just feeling the effects of my first dose today and it's really relaxing and comfortable, quite euphoric too (first dose is always the best for me). I've also been feeling quite anxious today and the Kratom alleviates this right now.
Is a good question and I have to say it helps in some ways and also can exacerbate it frequently this comes down to my general mindset and situation in life at the time as well as dosage.

Bottom line, I am a self-confessed long-term cannabis addict using it for very deep long-term depression related to to extremely heavy past MDMA abuse and the damage and trauma of long-term illness and such a difficult life deprived otherwise of relaxation and fun.

Cannabis also works medically for me and has protected my bodily systems from developing more serious irreversible conditions as a result of my lyme disease over the years.

It does cause anxiety problems. But then if I abstain completely I'll still have extremely bad anxiety it's just different hard to say whether it's better or worse overall but there's no clear-cut equation in my own particular situation because it's a bit of a rock and a hard place.

For sure though, weed +kratom is amazing.
I ran out of my first 20 grams of Kratom today. I was actually somewhat bothered about this I think I'm addicted already lol and I'm not afraid to admit it in the name of honesty. And Im really not terribly concerned about that right now. I doubt I will be able to endure the adverse allergy reaction forever.

Just taking it one day at a time, but I am currently a daily user. I only had 2.5 grams of Borneo left but with my edible cannabis it gave a very nice effect.

It levelled out a bit and my anxiety levels would have benefited from slightly bigger dose so I spontaneously resorted to taking several doses of instant Kava later on, with a good bit of high quality cannabis vapor in between.

Yesterday I took two slightly bigger doses of kava 45 minutes apart with cannabis edibles for the first time and then I vaporize a small amount of sativa weed after the second kava dose.

It spoiled it. Didnt need the vapor at that moment, also was possibly slightly more kava than was required.

I then took 4 grams Kratom hours later, with more cannabis edible. A real good vape ended the night, all round it was a fantastic buzz but I didn't enjoy the feeling of the copper initially and the way it's set me up for the evening but the kratom unfortunately revived things.

So today I started with my final 2.5 grams of Borneo and cannabis edible followed by cannabis vapour and I had a perfectly enjoyable and sufficient affect all evening to which I added the copper and I thoroughly enjoyed it this time it really helped with my anxiety instantly but in a less invasive and intrusive sense than the kratom.

Way less stimulating, it actually is like an opposite in some ways. It really mellowed and settled me down. I wanted to keep drinking it because I was in such a relaxed frame of mind. Kava can definitely help with Kratom cravings, needs, just general situations and applications.

In particular what I think I noticed was it did not just still a little gap but it changed how I was feeling in that I have not been at all bothered about not having the option of dosing on kratom again today.

So I think kava could potentially help with kratom cravings and addiction in this sense where it is not a strict replacement.

More like getting out the house for a few hours, contentedly distracted, returning home when all the drama has passed.

I still prefer the effect of the Kratom what's the most I have enjoyed Kava so far.

Kratom is great. Until you need more and more to feel the same effects. Then you are on the other side of a 10 year habit having thrown away countless thousand of dollars. Trust me - you don’t want on this train...

The other thing is those negative side effects mentioned go away with continuous use. I used to feel the same way if I took a little too much. Now I can take 20 grams at a shot (lots of capsules) and away we go.

to mirror what someone else said above - the withdrawals are hell. Worse than poppy pod or oxy withdrawals I went through. I definitely urge caution

If you are opioid naive kratom could certainly seem like a good recreational opioid (i recently tried some "OPMS" branded kratom extract capsules and it was quite enjoyable, far better than the raw plant).

As an ex-opioid addict, the problem i find with kratom as a recreational opioid is:

1) side-effect profile relative to high (nausea, etc.)
2) very inconsistent high of a middling quality
3) anxiogenic/uncomfortable onset
4) causes depression/irritability with extended use
5) quick onset/short lasting making it compulsive
6) surprisingly addictive and unpleasant withdrawal

Whenever ive become physically dependent on kratom, i feel like i notice withdrawal symptoms as quickly as 4 hours after dosing, which makes it very compulsive. If i buy a bag of say 100 grams, ill often use it compulsively till i run out. This i try to avoid it. Then again, with my history i should avoid all opioid. I suppose another issue is kratom availability and inexpensiveness, which makes it for the opioid addict like alcohol is to the alcoholic in terms if its ubiquity and availability.
How much were you taking every 4 hours?

The other thing is those negative side effects mentioned go away with continuous use. I used to feel the same way if I took a little too much. Now I can take 20 grams at a shot (lots of capsules) and away we go.

to mirror what someone else said above - the withdrawals are hell. Worse than poppy pod or oxy withdrawals I went through. I definitely urge caution
wow.. a 20 gram dose? Gosh, I'd be sick. I don't even think I take that much in a day. I haven't gone through withdrawals much because I use it everyday to help with a condition I was diagnosed with. I dose when I have to and only take what is necessary to function. It has improved my life greatly and think many people can attest to that as well. I don't think this stuff should be used for recreation.. there's too many down sides when it's used that way and plus it's going to give a weak high imo.

For me, I like the green, I buy a pack of " relaxation" kratom at my local gas station. There are ten capsules in a pack . It calms me down if I am out of my klonopin. They help me sleep ,and I feel relaxed within 20 minutes. They only downfall for me, is that I seem to build a tolerance quickly,by the time the pack is gone, they seem to work less..good luck in your quest my friend!!

So I received my 2nd ever kratom order today from Amsterdam. Moderate 50 grams each Green Malay and White Borneo.
Shipped and delivered in just one day to the United Kingdom these guys don't fuck about but then I figured they know that their customers will really appreciate restocking fast and easy, so I expect they intentionally go about their business to ship orders as swiftly as possible.

I took 4 grams Green Malay at 6.30 pm with edible cannabis. The effect was very good, terrific synergy again. That is my largest dose of Green Malay to date. I wasn't intending on vaporizing any weed but I decided to a few hours later.

Took way too big a hit by mistake with a torch vaporizer (Elev8r). It really hit me and rattled with the Kratom/edible combo.

Just too big of a hit for my preferences most times truthfully I like to get higher in stages not one monstrous jump.
But it was an interesting experience of learning the ropes again I didn't need that strong a cannabis affect at that moment but it didn't take long to subside and I finished the load off of experiencing a glorious and enjoyable high.

The green Malay is listen on the retailers website as lasting 6-8 hours. The effect was still strong after 4 hours, but I redosed at 11.30 pm with 4 grams of White Borneo.

So I have discovered that there are quite a few potentiators of kratom, many of which I already use every day.

Turmeric! Seems to be a big enhancer for Kratom. Cayenne. Black pepper. I use cayenne and turmeric every day for respiratory symptoms.
I also use sunflower lecithin, taken together with cannabis edibles and black pepper, and now kratom as well.

And another HUGE all round substance potentiator I use daily, primarily for respiratory symptom treatment and infection control, which the world doesn't seem to be aware of in this context- Raw Organic Garlic.

I swear on my life guys raw garlic massively potentiates every substance I've ever taken it in combination with.
I recently started taking big doses of crushed raw garlic in the afternoon on an empty stomach to treat a helicobacter pylori infection, before my cannabis edibles and vaporization.

I can't emphasize enough how much the raw garlic increased the strength of my cannabis highs. It heavily lowers my tolerance, for both the physical and mental effects of cannabis. I was getting anxiety on much lower intake lol!

So anyway it's not surprising that I have been reporting really enjoyable full and substantial effects from the kratom with very low doses (to begin with.)

And guys, I hear you all on being cautious. I read a lot on this stuff already, and I'm really not put off by the reported and undeniable downsides. My life has been pure miserable hell for so long. Just an agonising way to pass time. Just surviving in unbearable anxiety and profound physical discomfort and exhaustion 24/7 without ever really feeling happy or free or hopeful no matter what.

I'm unable to take any medicines or any other drugs really. Suddenly kratom comes along and I'm able to access a 100% relaxed frame of mind and body, and feel genuinely happy and positive every day.

So I'm probably looking at things from an extreme angle but the way I see it is that if kratom can help me with my impossible to handle life and enable me to be genuinely relaxed and mentally at rest while also providing many benefits for my physical conditions such as fatigue and pain and exhaustion, then it would be worth all and any of the side effects.

I see and hear of very many people who take kratom daily for long periods of time and whether or not this is advisable, they appear to be managing their lives and conditions very well, mostly not apparently too concerned about the impact of their daily habit.

More so the case for the people like myself where life is just infinitely better all round to use kratom to such an extent that the benefits arguably outweigh the negatives.

So I'm being completely truthful if I'm not already addicted I'm well on the way. But heck, I've been so good all these years. Only cannabis use until recent 1plsd trips. Never did addictive drugs or ever had any actual addictions in my life except psychological cannabis addiction.

So Im prepared to jump in the ring if it makes my unbearable life suddenly infinitely more bearable until alternative coping mechanisms can be discovered.

Last edited:
SonI received my 2nd ever kratom order today from Amsterdam. Moderate 50 grams each Green Malay and White Borneo.
Shipped and delivered in just one day to the United Kingdom these guys don't talk about but then I figured they know that their customers will really appreciate restocking fast and easy, so I expect they intentionally go about their business to ship orders as swiftly as possible.

I took 4 grams Green Malay at 6.30 pm with edible cannabis. The effect was very good, terrific synergy again. That is my largest dose of Green Malay to date. I wasn't intending on vaporizing any weed but I decided to a few hours later.

Took way too big a hit by mistake with a torch vaporizer (Elev8r). It really hit me and rattled with the Kratom/edible combo.

Just too big of a hit for my preferences most times truthfully I like to get higher in stages not one monstrous jump.
But it was an interesting experience of learning the ropes again I didn't need that strong and cannabis affect at that moment but it didn't take long to subside and I finished the load off of experiencing a glorious and enjoyable high.

The green Malay is listen on the retailers website as lasting 6-8 hours. The effect was still strong after 4 hours, but I redosed at 11.30 pm with 4 grams of White Borneo.

So I have discovered that there are quite a few potentiators of kratom, many of which I already use every day.

Turmeric! Seems to be a big enhancer for Kratom. Cayenne. Black pepper. I use cayenne and turmeric every day for respiratory symptoms.
I also use sunflower lecithin, taken together with cannabis edibles and black pepper, and now kratom as well.

And another HUGE all round substance potentiator I use daily, primarily for respiratory symptom treatment and infection control, which the world doesn't seem to be aware of in this context- Raw Organic Garlic.

I swear on my life guys raw garlic massively potentiates every substance I've ever taken in combination with.
I recently started taking big doses of crushed raw garlic in the afternoon on an empty stomach to treat a helicobacter pylori infection, before my cannabis edibles and vaporization.

I can't emphasize enough how much the Royal garlic increased the strength of my cannabis highs. It heavily lowers my tolerance, for both the physical and mental effects of cannabis. I was getting anxiety on much lower intake lol!

So anyway it's not surprising that I have been reporting really enjoyable full and substantial effects from the kratom with very low doses (to begin with.)

And guys, I hear you all on being cautious. I read a lot on this stuff already, and I'm really not put off by the reported and undeniable downsides. My life has been pure miserable hell for so long. Just an agonising way to pass time. Just surviving in unbearable anxiety and profound physical discomfort and exhaustion 24/7 without ever really feeling happy or free or hopeful no matter what.

I'm unable to take any medicines or any other drugs really. Suddenly kratom comes along and I'm able to access a 100% relaxed frame of mind and body, and feel genuinely happy and positive every day.

So I'm probably looking at things from an extreme angle but the way I see it is that if kratom can help me with my impossible to handle life and enable me to be genuinely relaxed and mentally at rest while also providing many benefits for my physical conditions such as fatigue and pain and exhaustion, then it would be worth all and any of the side effects.

I see and hear I've very many people who take kratom daily for long periods of time and whether or not this is advisable, they appear to be managing their lives and conditions very well, mostly not apparently too concerned about the impact of their daily habit.

More so the case for the people like myself where life is just infinitely better all round to use kratom to such an extent that at the benefits arguably outweigh the negatives.

So I'm being completely truthful if I'm not already addicted I'm well on the way. But heck, I've been so good all these years. Only cannabis use until recent 1plsd trips. Never did addictive drugs what has any actual addictions in my life except psychological cannabis addiction.

So Im prepared to jump in the ring if it makes my unbearable life suddenly infinitely more bearable until alternative coping mechanisms can be discovered.
Well said.. Agree 100%. It helps me through my day and I'm able to leave the house when I have to and want to. I have a more productive life since Kratom.

Well I learnt my lesson last night, I made myself sick. I took too much. The most I had previously taken in 1 day was 4 grams.

I took two 4 gram doses yesterday, 4.5 hours apart, although the second dose was scattered over one-and-a-half hours undecidedly.

I have severe difficulties eating food and digesting it due to many complications physical and nowadays mental as well.

On occasions the kratom has helped me by making me much more relaxed and dispelling anxiety but in general it has been quite problematic in recent days managing my appetite and digestive issues although ironically the kratom at the right tolerated dosage does appear to be helpful and soothing for my digestion.

Yesterday I already had really severe digestive upset which takes me a whole day to recover from often nothing even to do with kratom it has been this way for a very long time due to so many difficulties actually eating simple basic food each day and managing the symptoms I suffer.

So it was very late when I finally tried to eat and I really didn't have an appetite I was too tired for a start but also admittedly to wasted on the kratom to have interest in eating despite a desperate bodily need.

And it was when I started to eat that II second 4 gram dose really kicked in and the effects were extremely strong and enjoyable but I was in such a state of anxiety and unrest about not being able to eat my food again in the middle of the night, when you eat food without your digestive system working and in a relaxed frame of mind that food is just poisonous waste to your body and will only cause suffering until you can clear it from your system.

So it was difficult to let go and enjoy the kratom. But it took me a while to realise that I had actually taken too much and I was never going to be able to eat my food properly because I was in the process of getting sick.

I suddenly felt incredibly nauseous and could eat no more although I did manage most of the plate but I felt like I desperately needed to vomit to relieve the nausea.

I did manage to vomit in the end after a spell of laying down because that was all I could do do at the time, while I was laying down I was in a blissful euphoric state which is crazy because my tummy was incredibly unhappy as probably was my body in general.

I did feel relief after vomiting but I still felt very nauseous and still have been today.

I also have not felt the needs to take any more kratom today, I'm certain my stomach would not be ready to handle any yet. But I have been feeling really wasted still from the 8 grams total yesterday.

It is nice to not be wanting or cravinf it today though. I also suffer too badly with the respiratory reaction to be able to persevere with it for much longer, in any sort of regular sense.

So being put off some watch while getting sick has actually been helpful enabling me to detach and step back. I am thinking and hoping I will be able to make use of kratom flexibly and occasionally, to add some variety and dimension to life without the downsides being too much to manage and endure.

It has been a very interesting trial of a new substance which I do not regret and I have learnt a lot from.

I can concur. It was really annoying me at one point, but a part of me likes it strangely since I've got more used to it but last night I didn't really have any itchiness and I took twice the amount so I have done before.

But that was from the different retailer and this products did appear to be better certainly stronger.

Well I learnt my lesson last night, I made myself sick. I took too much. The most I had previously taken in 1 day was 4 grams.

I took two 4 gram doses yesterday, 4.5 hours apart, although the second dose was scattered over one-and-a-half hours undecidedly.

I have severe difficulties eating food and digesting it due to many complications physical and nowadays mental as well.

On occasions the kratom has helped me by making me much more relaxed and dispelling anxiety but in general it has been quite problematic in recent days managing my appetite and digestive issues although ironically the kratom at the right tolerated dosage does appear to be helpful and soothing for my digestion.

Yesterday I already had really severe digestive upset which takes me a whole day to recover from often nothing even to do with kratom it has been this way for a very long time due to so many difficulties actually eating simple basic food each day and managing the symptoms I suffer.

So it was very late when I finally tried to eat and I really didn't have an appetite I was too tired for a start but also admittedly to wasted on the kratom to have interest in eating despite a desperate bodily need.

And it was when I started to eat that II second 4 gram dose really kicked in and the effects were extremely strong and enjoyable but I was in such a state of anxiety and unrest about not being able to eat my food again in the middle of the night, when you eat food without your digestive system working and in a relaxed frame of mind that food is just poisonous waste to your body and will only cause suffering until you can clear it from your system.

So it was difficult to let go and enjoy the kratom. But it took me a while to realise that I had actually taken too much and I was never going to be able to eat my food properly because I was in the process of getting sick.

I suddenly felt incredibly nauseous and could eat no more although I did manage most of the plate but I felt like I desperately needed to vomit to relieve the nausea.

I did manage to vomit in the end after a spell of laying down because that was all I could do do at the time, while I was laying down I was in a blissful euphoric state which is crazy because my tummy was incredibly unhappy as probably was my body in general.

I did feel relief after vomiting but I still felt very nauseous and still have been today.

I also have not felt the needs to take any more kratom today, I'm certain my stomach would not be ready to handle any yet. But I have been feeling really wasted still from the 8 grams total yesterday.

It is nice to not be wanting or cravinf it today though. I also suffer too badly with the respiratory reaction to be able to persevere with it for much longer, in any sort of regular sense.

So being put off some watch while getting sick has actually been helpful enabling me to detach and step back. I am thinking and hoping I will be able to make use of kratom flexibly and occasionally, to add some variety and dimension to life without the downsides being too much to manage and endure.

It has been a very interesting trial of a new substance which I do not regret and I have learnt a lot from.

I've gotten sick and nauseous from Kratom before. One time I didn't even make it to the toilet, just vomitted straight from the couch (tried to hit the kitcheb sink but didn't succeed apart from aiming in the general direction). But I've been many times at the point of barely holding on not to throw up - needed to sit very still and concentrate on my breathing until the moment passed). That was back when I was taking way more than I do now, though (prob 30+ upwards a night sometimes). I never really felt itchy on Kratom, though, maybe just the tiniest bit in the beginning, but only sporadically and mildly. With my current dose I don't get any of those side effects.
@AutoTripper: if you plan talking Kratom fairly often (which you prob shouldn't as others have said), it'd be wise too sray as low as possible dose-wise. That'll pay off both financially and regarding tolerance.
I started with stupidly high doses as said above (didn't have scales so can't know exact dosages) and have now reduced intake and feel quite happy with the effects of 1.9g green for euphoria and reduction of anxiety.

I've gotten sick and nauseous from Kratom before. One time I didn't even make it to the toilet, just vomitted straight from the couch (tried to hit the kitcheb sink but didn't succeed apart from aiming in the general direction). But I've been many times at the point of barely holding on not to throw up - needed to sit very still and concentrate on my breathing until the moment passed). That was back when I was taking way more than I do now, though (prob 30+ upwards a night sometimes). I never really felt itchy on Kratom, though, maybe just the tiniest bit in the beginning, but only sporadically and mildly. With my current dose I don't get any of those side effects.
@AutoTripper: if you plan talking Kratom fairly often (which you prob shouldn't as others have said), it'd be wise too sray as low as possible dose-wise. That'll pay off both financially and regarding tolerance.
I started with stupidly high doses as said above (didn't have scales so can't know exact dosages) and have now reduced intake and feel quite happy with the effects of 1.9g green for euphoria and reduction of anxiety.
Hi thanks very much for sharing that, and again I can relate fully to what you say and your own experience.

Yes 2 grams has seemed like a very good dose for me too so far. I origonally was most interested in kratom for the stimulant effects (btw my resting pulse was still low at 53 after 4 gram dose of green malay yesterday), so I should favour the lower doses.

I probably could have made do with two 2 gram doses yesterday, or the single 4 gram dose.

I just pushed the boat a bit. Which can be useful, find your boundaries early on, take a step back. So I was just naturally probing I guess.

I want a break from it now at the least. Which is good because my chest suffers so much to take any of these herbs. Even cocoa powder, which I adore, is intolerable.

I still feel sick and put off physically. But I also dont even need the kratom today. I'm still feeling it strongly. In combo with my edible and vaped cannabis and all the dietary potentiators (turmeric, cayenne, lecithin, pepper,), 8 grams was a fairly heavy, but very enjoyable except sickness experience.

And I'm unique because I can afford to be reckless with these substances regarding potential for addiction because I will never be able to tolerate and physically for very long for this to ever be a serious problem or threat.

So please keep this in mind guys so you can understand my own frame of mind and approach and how helpful your advice is for me.

You've all been really awesome replying in this thread about your experiences which I'm sure will help many others thanks so much to all of you for sharing.

Just an update, and please excuse me for being a hypocrite I do have a tendency to play things by ear and situations, feelings and perspective can change rapidly in life depending on the energy.

I did almost type earlier that anything could happen going forwards, I honestly had no intentions of taking any more crafting today because my stomach has been especially poorly apart from anything else but I also was feeling really good and relaxed and positive physically and mentally so as not to need the kratom with lingering effects.

I was in a really relaxed frame of mind after my cannabis vaporization, just waiting for my stomach to recover so I can hopefully do a better job of eating today.

So in typical addict fashion my mum managed to stress me out, which upsets me when I have taken considerable time to establish a really positive and relaxed frame of mind.

I was just about to take my daily cannabis edible dose to really begin the process of digestive recovery and appetite, so I decided I would had a kratom dose after all.

Being relaxed mentally and dealing with stress is the most important thing in my life currently so I have to try and consider all factors and draw a balance and seek the best overall path in an honest and flexible manner.

So I mixed up a 2 gram dose of green Malay for it's stimulating properties at this dosage but still full all round effects for me.

I added some turmeric to the little shot glass which I took at the same time as my cannabis edibles with sunflower lecithin and black pepper.

So plenty of potentiators and more to come with food shortly.
So anyway it's interesting how I suddenly swung around to taking the kratom but it honestly was because it seemed like a sensible idea in situation and so far the effects is feeling particularly pleasant and soothing but without being too much.

More of a mood adjustment than anything else the antidepressant effect is very noticeable and this is probably the greatest benefit I get from kratom personally.

I think sticking to the lower doses would certainly be a case of less is more for me personally. And going by my experience yesterday and my general intuition and what I have been reading about the potentiators of kratom it seems that kratom has a very high capacity for potentiation which works both ways with the other substances like cannabis.

People were making really adamant claims about the extent to which the various spices and herbs can potentiate the kratom like twice as much in many cases.

So even my 2 gram dose may well be be more than sufficient for the most overall benefit.

One day at a time for now. I made a very decent recovery from the respiratory symproms today, after 8 grams last night. Lingering congestion, as with all things and foods but well on the way to being no real trace of the experience in that sense.

I do suffer horrendously managing my allergies with my steam inhalation whenever I add these additional herbs to my routine it's already painful enough and it becomes a matter of how many days can I actually bare it any more before I go back to making my life easier for myself.

So its only temporary. Okay Ive got a much better appetite buiding now. My 2 gram dose has not seemed to upset tummy, it has rekaxed me a lot now.

Gotta dash to shallow fry some organic pork in coconut oil, to serve with baked white sweet potato and nut butter.

Last edited:
So in name of honesty, I added 1 more gram of green malay just now, to give longevity to the effects which at 2 grams may have taperered sooner. Felt right anyhow.

4 grams yesterday was probably more than required. The shop I got this lot from, it says "4 to 5g for good effect".

Im very underweight at 51 kg too.
So I need to find a sweet spot dose, to get the support and therapy Kratom has shown me, with minimal side effects.

I try to avoid underdosing with all things as well. 3 grams may be ideal.

Im still planning to eat very shortly, much more relaxed about food today which helps tremendously.

Damn... I've only gotten sick from too much kratom 2 or 3 times in 2 years. It's not fun! It sounds like you have some dysbiosis in your gut from what I'm reading. Yes, your mental state is important (the rest and digest mode parasympathetic) to be able to deal with digestion, but what about the microbes in my digestive system? Do you know what is all going on in there and who is in there? Weird question, i know, but something you should know

Damn... I've only gotten sick from too much kratom 2 or 3 times in 2 years. It's not fun! It sounds like you have some dysbiosis in your gut from what I'm reading. Yes, your mental state is important (the rest and digest mode parasympathetic) to be able to deal with digestion, but what about the microbes in my digestive system? Do you know what is all going on in there and who is in there? Weird question, i know, but something you should know
Yes trust me I am extremely aware and informed about intestinal dysbiosis and microflora and the ins and outs of it I have had add an extremely severe case of intestinal dysbiosis since 2005 when my lyme disease began but I have been certain on reflection and through education and an excellent memory and intuition for piecing puzzles together.....

That even before my Lyme disease came along I was already living long term with a considerable case of intestinal dysbiosis, it just had not gotten to the stage where are overall health is compromised to such a degree that illness or condition can set in.

So in my case my already unaddressed and unidentified through lack of education and appreciation of the bodily health, case of intestinal dysbiosis would have disposed me to having a weaker defence against the incoming lyme disease and the additional microbes.

I had very bad systemic candida in those early years too, but sorted it out completely by 2006. Easy pie that one, you only need sone education, then its all down to discipline.

Diet to control, supplements and foods to kill. Then just a matter of time for success.

However, I am extremely intolerant to virtually all supplements and remedies and I have never been able to tolerate any form of probiotic supplement.

Most of the lacto fermented drinks and and preparations I also have problems with like kefir, kombucha.

More recently, I am eating raw sauerkraut regularly. My mum makes it for us using one of those special Korean onggi pots.

But it isnt so straightforward to balance the intestinal flora. It is a long-term lifestyle approach which needs to be holistic including mental and emotional health no matter what you put into your body.

However, I have to dispute your assumption and reasoning here. I got sick because I took way too much for my own tolerance and my very sensitive digestive system, my diet is also very high in potentiators particularly my cannabis usage alongside the kratom.

I really dont think any conclusions can be drawn about my intestinal flora from me getting sick on a well potentiated 8 gram dose many people get sick with kratom regardless of the status of their intestinal Flora.

Im not saying there is no link, I just don't think it is such a logical inference.

My 3 gram dose this evening has gone down perfectly well, no nausea at all.

On that point again- my intestines are a Battleground between pathogens and healthy microbes where are the pathogens generally dominate and re-establishing harmoni and equilibrium is a struggle due to such heavily compromised immunity.

The raw sauerkraut does certainly help a lot though and it's really delicious stuff too.

Last edited:
Here goes some truth about Kratom, I believe I'm done with it for one thing it just isn't enough for me and recently since I've been taking it alot I've experienced extreme insomnia.
I've been taking yellow Borneo and yellow Bali and literally have only got about 3 hours of sleep all together in 3 days.I work nights and have worked 30 hours in the last 3 days and have felt twacked out in a bad way.Im done, does anyone know if CBD helps with insomnia?? I need sleep in a bad way

So in name of honesty, I added 1 more gram of green malay just now, to give longevity to the effects which at 2 grams may have taperered sooner. Felt right anyhow.

4 grams yesterday was probably more than required. The shop I got this lot from, it says "4 to 5g for good effect".

Im very underweight at 51 kg too.
So I need to find a sweet spot dose, to get the support and therapy Kratom has shown me, with minimal side effects.

I try to avoid underdosing with all things as well. 3 grams may be ideal.

Im still planning to eat very shortly, much more relaxed about food today which helps tremendously.
You must have some good stuff. Every post you post is a book long lol