• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom Kratom can pass airport security?

menidiatis

Bluelighter
I fly from NL to GR and need kratom to curb WD as I reach GR in the evening, and won't be able to get H until next day in the morning.

Kratom is legal in both countries. As long as it is in its original package, will it pass airport security?

When I travel with kratom I put it in a Metamucil bottle. One of those bottles of psyllium husk people use for fiber. It is legal in most states in the USA too but never wanted questions. Although when I went to the Dominican Republic I took 2 pounds of kratom in it's original bag and took a pound of kava in it's own bag that said kava. No issues whatsoever. I do however put some in the luggage and some in the carry on just in case one of them has issues arriving.

Safe travels M.

I would say if the substance is legal in both countries you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just keep it in its package. Having gone through Greece customs a few times you might want to put it in a metamucil container or something similar. However, if there are no laws against it... Then it shouldn't be an issue, right? I think you're getting nervous about nothing. Do you have visible track marks that could be easily seen by a customs agent? That would raise more flags than legal plant matter would for sure.

I would say if the substance is legal in both countries you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just keep it in its package. Having gone through Greece customs a few times you might want to put it in a metamucil container or something similar. However, if there are no laws against it... Then it shouldn't be an issue, right? I think you're getting nervous about nothing. Do you have visible track marks that could be easily seen by a customs agent? That would raise more flags than legal plant matter would for sure.
I don't inject or look like a drug user in general

I traveled to and from Canada from the States over the summer with hella Kratom. Although it's not technically illegal in Canada, it's not for human consumption so all shops are afraid to carry it in lieu of being fined. Anyway, I just put it in a bottle and wrote "Macha Tea" on it. Had zero issues coming or going. It was my first time going to Canada, and I was only there for a short time, so I figured I might get accosted by Customs or something but not a single issue. As long as it's legal you have nothing to worry about, but people have stated your going places it's illegal. If it is, just buy a tub of Macha Tea and put it in there. Looks and smells exactly like it. If you know how to not look suspicious, you'll probably have no issues, but it's still illegal in those countries so it's a risk regardless., although chances are lower if it's marked in a real tea bottle.

Last edited:
I flew from South Carolina to Baltimore, then to Phoenix and I went thru security check with no problems. It also is legal in So. Carolina and Arizona. I had it in its original plastic bag also. So as long as its legal where you go, you shouldnt have any problems.

I flew from South Carolina to Baltimore, then to Phoenix and I went thru security check with no problems. It also is legal in So. Carolina and Arizona. I had it in its original plastic bag also. So as long as its legal where you go, you shouldnt have any problems.
OP is talking about an international flight. Carrying domestically, no one gives a shit as long as you aren't trafficking huge amounts of drugs. In the past I used to make sure I had enough heroin to get to where I was going and through the trip. I carried heroin and needles on SO many domestic flights. Internationally I always made sure I had enough Subutex or Suboxone to make it through.

OP is talking about an international flight. Carrying domestically, no one gives a shit as long as you aren't trafficking huge amounts of drugs. In the past I used to make sure I had enough heroin to get to where I was going and through the trip. I carried heroin and needles on SO many domestic flights. Internationally I always made sure I had enough Subutex or Suboxone to make it through.
Domestically one can do pretty much anything

I just hope they won't take it and then forbid me from boarding on the flight

I know. I just realized this. I was still a little nervous tho carrying it since it was the first time I did that. But yea, no problems being within the US.

If it's legal, you'll be fine. I live in the US, so not the same, but I've flown with kratom (between states within the US) countless times. never had any problem. If it's legal, there's nothing they can or would do.

Do you have to pass customs before you get on the flight? I've gone through passport checks, but never any real search. You could take enough to keep you not sick prior to the flight. Make up some tea and drink it from a water bottle before you clear security... "Oh that. Sorry, let me finish it." Sort of thing.

Do you have to pass customs before you get on the flight? I've gone through passport checks, but never any real search. You could take enough to keep you not sick prior to the flight. Make up some tea and drink it from a water bottle before you clear security... "Oh that. Sorry, let me finish it." Sort of thing.
I need for the night while I am in Greece, just in case, till the morning when I can go to the gypsies to buy H

Which legal entity am I supposed to call for certain info?

I need for the night while I am in Greece, just in case, till the morning when I can go to the gypsies to buy H

Which legal entity am I supposed to call for certain info?
We aren't here to give you legal advice. We are not lawyers. Again, if it's legal there and in your destination... You're probably going to be fine and you're worrying about nothing. If you're that worried check the webpage for the Netherlands security agency and see what is forbidden on planes. You could hit some message boards that are actually in Dutch and see if they can answer your question more thoroughly. Did you buy it in a shop there or have it mailed to you? You really probably have nothing to worry about. It doesn't sound like you're planning on taking pounds of it with you. Just enough for a day or two... That isn't a lot. Put it gel capsules OR put it in a container and label it "Kratom Tea Powder". Then you aren't misrepresenting what it is. Really, it sounds like you are worrying about nothing.

I'm suggesting that you take it before you clear security and then have some in your carry on as an herbal supplement or tea (because that's what it is). I don't foresee any issues boarding the plane unless security is really intense in NL... Which to my memory, it isn't. Do you live in the NL? Are you familiar with how airport security works there?

We aren't here to give you legal advice. We are not lawyers. Again, if it's legal there and in your destination... You're probably going to be fine and you're worrying about nothing. If you're that worried check the webpage for the Netherlands security agency and see what is forbidden on planes. You could hit some message boards that are actually in Dutch and see if they can answer your question more thoroughly. Did you buy it in a shop there or have it mailed to you? You really probably have nothing to worry about. It doesn't sound like you're planning on taking pounds of it with you. Just enough for a day or two... That isn't a lot. Put it gel capsules and put it in a container and label it "Kratom Tea Powder". Then you aren't misrepresenting what it is. Really, it sounds like you are worrying about nothing.

I'm suggesting that you take it before you clear security and then have some in your carry on as an herbal supplement or tea (because that's what it is). I don't foresee any issues boarding the plane unless security is really intense in NL... Which to my memory, it isn't. Do you live in the NL? Are you familiar with how airport security works there?
I buy it from head shop. It is legal in both destinations. My worry is prolly unnecessary but I am an anxious person.

I ll prolly buy 15g and leave the package unopened. I am not going to misrepresent it. I don't know how strict security is.

I buy it from head shop. It is legal in both destinations. My worry is prolly unnecessary but I am an anxious person.

I ll prolly buy 15g and leave the package unopened. I am not going to misrepresent it. I don't know how strict security is.
That sounds like a solid idea. Leave it unopened in its packaging. Is it labeled as a supplement there? Does it advertise mind altering effects on the packaging? In the states it looks like an herbal supplement. There isn't any "Oh yeah you're gonna get wrecked." On the packaging. If it is clearly sold in NL and just looks like a bag of nothing... At the worst they pull it out of your bag and ask you what it is. You say its an herbal supplement that helps you to sleep(?) and they look at see it hasn't been tampered with and very likely put it back.

At this point all we're doing is speculating. At a glance importing any kind of narcotic is illegal, but you aren't importing it. Going into Greece... I'm not quite sure. If you were going into Germany with it I'd tell you to take a train. Wait... Aren't you flying from one Eurozone nation to another? Because once you're in the Eurozone security is pretty lax. It's not like pre-Eurozone where you had to go through customs fucking EVERYWHERE. Granted... I haven't done a lot of flying. More train and car travel. Flying from Germany to France and then crossing in to Switzerland... Once we cleared customs in Germany, there were no real internal checks for contraband.

Quit worrying. Do what you need to be well before you get on the flight. Take a small amount with you or don't. Personally, I'd avoid it and be a little sick when I went to cop the next day, but that's me. I'm sure that people fly with weird herbal supplements and poorly marked medications all the time.