• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Kratom Ban in Illinois - Please Sign Petition!!!!!

powertripp

Greenlighter
I've come here in search of help from others to come together to beat this! Allow me to introduce myself. I am 24 years old, I reside in the north of the U.S. and I struggle with depression and anxiety. Kratom has been a god send in my life ever since I found her. She helps me, sleep at night, eat normally, not feel depressed and she also even relieves my anxiety. It true is a miracle in my life. It's a huge part! To see this ban stuff going on about all of this. It's killing me slowly and utterly, destroying my whole life. This is a nightmare, knowing that I'll have to wake up soon, stuck back in my old life of depression and pain. I need to beat this ban stuff. It's the only way. Please sign and share this petition, not only for me, but for the rest of the world. To finally steer the general public and the government into the right direction! I refuse to lose this herb to greed. Please help! Thanks for all the support and love. I'm so truly greatful!

Petition #1: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/293/...l-at-all-costs-and-to-set-an-age-restriction/

Petition #2: https://www.change.org/petitions/illinois-state-legislature-please-do-not-pass-hb5526

Much love!

That's terrible news :( You forgot to mention the withdrawals you'll suffer, on top of the pain, depression and anxiety. Now you know what a large percentage of heroin and other opioid addicts feel like.

Edit: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but signing an internet petition will do as much good as me praying for my shit to be one of those ghost wipe shits.

Please do sign these petitions, Kratom bans in Arizona and Oklahoma were defeated successfully using similar methods. Keep Kratom Legal!!!!!!!!!!

ALSO: The DEA as already stated clearly that it has no intention or interest in BANNING KRATOM, if Kratom is not on the DEA's radar then why are state governments wasting money harassing people for drinking tea.

they closed the petition i went to both links are there any more petitions i'll sign
for sure

Last edited:
wtf...im in illinois and love kratom...ill be signing this petition but all in all its only a matter of time before subuxone/methadone doctors have had kratom banned in all states..i dont see wht we can do to stop this..

wtf...im in illinois and love kratom...ill be signing this petition but all in all its only a matter of time before subuxone/methadone doctors have had kratom banned in all states..i dont see wht we can do to stop this..

This. Kratom is a much gentler alternative to traditional ORT medicines. It can also be used to mitigate withdrawal symptoms. They tried to schedule kratom in florida, but we got enough signatures. I will sign. Please repost the link to the petition.

Ya I wish I woulda used Kratom for maintaince instead of suboxone going on 3 yrsrs now. And sadly people have been put on subs for Kratom, like WTF! Of course pharm companies want it banned. But it's being targeted probly cuz of being sold in gas stations and head shops. It's around my area under the name uphoria or something with shot like anti anxiety pain relieving under that euphoria word. So of course dumb assed that don't read up on it think it's this horrible thing that gets people high as hell and onto harder things like heroin or pills, but everyone uses it to get off opiates. At least the Dea Dsnt give a shit about it

Yeah. I think it should only be available online, or in stores specializing in natural remedies. That way a person is more apt to research it a little and see if it is the right fit for them. Right now I am on week one of Hep C treatment. The kratom is helping to ease my joint pain and take away some of the malaise the medication creates. Why take that type of functionality away from people?

its been banned in alabama a week or two ago.

pfizer, maker of suboxone (a useless reformulation of generic buperenorphine) is bribing lawmakers iwth big money to get kratom out of the picture

Good reason to stock up. Kratomparadise.com has EXCELLENT prices .. $140 for a full kilo and they do ship very fast I always get my order within 2 days.
I'd sign the petition, but I hate getting my email address sold to the next cause.
I'm buying another kilo next month. I bought half a kilo awhile back and still have some left. Their product is finely ground and very high quality.
I'm not advertising for them, just sharing a great supplier..

The reasoning is because the powers that be aren't the sharpest pencils in the box,but really there's no money to be made by allowing people to treat their own problems. The entire drug treatment industry is against kratom because it's a direct threat to their jobs.
Consider methadone clinics. Methadone cost them about $3 per 100 mg, but look at how much they get to charge patients.
I was in methadone programs for years and had to pay my $20 a day regardless of whatever the dosage was. I tapered from 150 mg daily down to zero and even 1 mg still cost me $20 and they have a very loyal and captive audience who rarely misses a day and in fact will punish patients for missing a day.
After more than 15 years of going to clinics my opinion of the people running those dog and pony shows couldn't be lower. I'd trust heroin dealers more than those criminals.
Did I mention my distrust of drug councelors in methadone clinics? Last one I had was a part time prison guard who knew absolutely NOTHING about dealing with people. I can't tell you the joy I felt the day I was able to walk out the door of that place and tell each and everyone of those asswipes to go fuck themselves.
Once I found kratom it was like the weight of the world was lifted off me. I'll never go back to another clinic. It's a scam of biblical proportions.

I was wondering if anyone would update. This is old news and the bill was amended to restrict sales to people over 18 and passed some time back.

It pays to keep up on this, sign petitions and do your part to keep the hope going. I know we are all jaded and sick of people telling us what we can or can't do to our bodies, but speaking out changed this law to something that I can respect. So if other states start in, point out what Illinois did to be fair. And to be even more fair, Alabama is not, let's say, Colorado by a long shot. :)

While I do feel synthetic drugs may not have a long legal life, I do think the attitude towards natural substances is changing. Hard to blame kratom as being dangerous as some of the new synthetic drugs. No deaths, no hospitals. So in a few states lawmakers listened to some petitions and logic.

Stay active and positive. :)

THERE IS NEW BILL IN NORTH CAROLINA THAT COULD BAN KRATOM.

And you can help, not by signing a petition, but by emailing the senators and committee members directly, which is exactly what I did. You can even call them if you like! I don't live in NC, but Kratom should be legal everywhere.

I am posting this link so people can easily email/call these people and encourage them to OPPOSE SB 830. Be persuasive.

http://www.kratomnc.org/

Edit: This is relevant if you would like to take action to keep Kratom legal elsewhere: https://www.botanicallegaldefense.org/ - Click on "Current State Action" to see what you can do.

Perhaps we could turn this thread into an active resource for Kratom legality, to let others if there is a possible Kratom ban somewhere, and how to help keep it legal.

Last edited: