• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kratom as a weight loss medicine

JonnyDeath

Bluelighter
I've found Kratom makes appetite control a breeze.
It makes fasting a breeze and feel exactly like it was for me several years ago when I had built the discipline and actually enjoyed the dead empty stomach during a fast.
I'm not here to promote it for weight loss, but it's truly significant and there is also the obviously dangerous drugs mitragynine safely mimics, that get people dangerously thin.
I do know obesity is out of control in America, and the number of concerningly fat citizens can actually be scary when it's 90% of the people you encountered everywhere you went that day, and they were tremendously larger than you.

Wouldn't it technically break a fast, though? Kratom contains calories, fat, protein, fiber and about a dozen vitamins. It's basically food.

Anyways kratom has always had interesting effects on my appetite. It tends to suppress my appetite for a couple hours, then it gives me the munchies. But overall I can see it being useful for this.

Wouldn't it technically break a fast, though? Kratom contains calories, fat, protein, fiber and about a dozen vitamins. It's basically food.

Anyways kratom has always had interesting effects on my appetite. It tends to suppress my appetite for a couple hours, then it gives me the munchies. But overall I can see it being useful for this.
Traditionally and spiritually I would agree, but these days?? lol
I know a lot about fasting, ketosis and well beyond so I'll cut right to it.
Aside from it being something like maybe 50 calories, it wouldn't have any ramification on the state your body was in and even the healing that fasting induces in terms of it's value as a food and calorie source.
With modern diets like keto, intermittent fasting et cetera, the genetic research proved you can eat non-keto foods and still go into ketosis a couple hours everyday based on eating patterns and timing. You could easily take in the complex carbs or sugar in your first meal and still attain ketosis at the end of the day and while you sleep.

With someone that's 400 lbs, 5'8 and still physically active at work and taking care of their home, they might greatly benefit from a Kratom protocol.
So would the men, women and teenagers I chronically see 40 to 70lbs overweight though.
Of course, they didn't get that way because they never abused something that feels good.

Kratom trashes my stomach so I don't eat but on the other had I'll drink a 12pack of coke at work in a day. Lotta calories

I'm not here to promote it for weight loss, but it's truly significant and there is also the obviously dangerous drugs mitragynine safely mimics, that get people dangerously thin.
Good, cuz someone stupid or naive and young could read this and think, O boy, it’s a harmless, legal plant and this oldtimer suggests it’s safer than amphetamine or bupropion or something really prescribed for weight loss. But it isn’t. Using kratom for appetite suppression is in no way safer than using some stimulant in doses people really do get prescribed for weight loss. Depending on various factors it might be even a lot worse than those “dangerous drugs” used correctly.

Good, cuz someone stupid or naive and young could read this and think, O boy, it’s a harmless, legal plant and this oldtimer suggests it’s safer than amphetamine or bupropion or something really prescribed for weight loss. But it isn’t. Using kratom for appetite suppression is in no way safer than using some stimulant in doses people really do get prescribed for weight loss. Depending on various factors it might be even a lot worse than those “dangerous drugs” used correctly.
More like a drugged up fool with that outlandish accusation.
What if?
They will take my question, not advice, my testimony, and live their life on it due to a post on a forum for primarily recreational drug abusers that was made by a guy named Jonny Death?!?
You're not mentally sound or intellectually competent to accuse me of anything.
Cuz someone named Zom Kidd is going to stop eating by taking Kratom?

Instagram is loaded with 16 year old boys and girls cranking on nicotine vapes to suppress their appetite just like tiktok.
Anyone seeking information and reading this thread is unlikely clinically retarded, and will ask Dr. Google a few dozen search questions before going off the deep end, and trying Kratom now commonly sold in gas stations all over the country that don't typically ask for I.D.
:rolleyes:
I asked a question, gave personal testimony and was curious about anyone else with a similar experience.
I wasn't giving advice.
The deeper question is, will the medical community develop the drug for such things as weight loss and chronic conditions or/and diseases.
I see people over 300 lbs from 15 to 50 that are sometimes 80% of the people I see over the course of traveling through several towns and small cities in a single day, sometimes multiple days in a row.

You're describing someone that looks like this!

certified-bad-b-tch-delusional-ridiculous-asmr-whateverpod-mp4-snapshot-00-21-2023-05-24-17-46-48.jpg

Last edited:
More like a drugged up fool with that outlandish accusation.
What if?
They will take my question, not advice, my testimony, and live their life on it due to a post on a forum for primarily recreational drug abusers that was made by a guy named Jonny Death?!?
You're not mentally sound or intellectually competent to accuse me of anything.
Cuz someone named Zom Kidd is going to stop eating by taking Kratom?

Instagram is loaded with 16 year old boys and girls cranking on nicotine vapes to suppress their appetite just like tiktok.
Anyone seeking information and reading this thread is unlikely clinically retarded, and will ask Dr. Google a few dozen search questions before going off the deep end, and trying Kratom now commonly sold in gas stations all over the country that don't typically ask for I.D.
:rolleyes:
I asked a question, gave personal testimony and was curious about anyone else with a similar experience.
I wasn't giving advice.
The deeper question is, will the medical community develop the drug for such things as weight loss and chronic conditions or/and diseases.
I see people over 300 lbs from 15 to 50 that are sometimes 80% of the people I see over the course of traveling through several towns and small cities in a single day, sometimes multiple days in a row.

You're describing someone that looks like this!

certified-bad-b-tch-delusional-ridiculous-asmr-whateverpod-mp4-snapshot-00-21-2023-05-24-17-46-48.jpg
I have trouble understanding your point here even with words in bold. It got to be combination of me being mentally inferior to you, less educated and non-native speaker.

On a forum where we encounter things of epic level stupidity (just to name one recent thing – skin popping Salvia d. resulting in an infection!) that are result of either self-destructive tendencies of users, not enough knowledge about drugs, damage resulted by drug abuse or any other factor. As much as I focus on above than average people that are here and there’s a lot of those but thinking that all who read this are like that is ludicrous.

Idea of using kratom for weight loss is in the genius class of something like using anti-psychotics for sleep. Even if person really can’t get to healthy levels of body fat without drugs, less addictive and more effective solutions are out there. I’ve met plenty of fat “real” opiod users even those should be much more effective at suppressing appetite than kratom. Reason for that is that even opiods do suppress appetite, they don’t do it nearly as much a stimulants and “heroin chick” look comes a lot more from lifestyle associated with opiod use (getting drugs being far more important than eating a good meal) than from same being effective weight-loss drugs.

And being thin kratom addict is hardly better than being non-dependant and overweight. At some level opposite dose becomes true in health and life-quality taken in consideration but even if person is really that fat other far better options should be considered first. More so given that people who are overweight already do have addictive tendencies and often suffer various mental issues makes suggesting kratom for weight-loss should be eve less appealing. I really can’t think of situation where kratom would be good option for weight-loss. Maybe after numerous other options are tried and person is in a such bad state that, “why not try anything that remotely has chance of helping” mindset, would seem acceptable.

With a somewhat balanced diet, could Kratom be actually useful? Asking it as someone who never used it before.

Oh sorry, I wanted to quote this with my question:

Fasting usually never works for me, but if Kratom lowers the appetite, it could be kinda useful.
In that sense depends. I didn’t find kratom suppressing appetite a lot, not nearly as much as regular opiods. But both kratom and regular opiods do cause me to be more active but in that has to do a lot with the fact it’s easier to exercise if you ain’t in a lot of pain and in a bad mood. The question is it worth doing them for appetite suppression per se, it ain’t.

I suggest you check out this thread -

If you’re gonna use recreational drugs as a mean to loose weight you might as well dance off your ass on parties, rather than adding addictive drugs to a somewhat balanced diet. That way you would both benefit from side-effect of appetite suppression, get more fit by dancing and even maybe meet someone with whom you can spend calories and get fit by having a lot of sex.

If you’re gonna try out that on psychedelic and/or emphatogen friendly parties as a bonus you might become more self-aware and decide to get healthier and/or deal with cause(s) of push for overeating etc.

In that sense depends. I didn’t find kratom suppressing appetite a lot, not nearly as much as regular opiods. But both kratom and regular opiods do cause me to be more active but in that has to do a lot with the fact it’s easier to exercise if you ain’t in a lot of pain and in a bad mood. The question is it worth doing them for appetite suppression per se, it ain’t.

I suggest you check out this thread -

Thank you! I will definitely check the thread out.

If you’re gonna use recreational drugs as a mean to loose weight you might as well dance off your ass on parties, rather than adding addictive drugs to a somewhat balanced diet. That way you would both benefit from side-effect of appetite suppression, get more fit by dancing and even maybe meet someone with whom you can spend calories and get fit by having a lot of sex.

If you’re gonna try out that on psychedelic and/or emphatogen friendly parties as a bonus you might become more self-aware and decide to get healthier and/or deal with cause(s) of push for overeating etc.

Thank you for the tip! I'm not really big on parties - I hate crowded and loud places, nausea would kick in faster than anything else.
I was hoping to fine a more "subtle" way of losing some weight - crash diets never really worked for me due to my already shitty health (dizziness and migraines all day, so if I want to work, not just lay and cry in my bed I cannot really go a day without eating at least a small meal, otherwise I'm fucked) and my partner is also not the happiest when he has to scope me up from the floor, I wonder why :D
Getting fit is not really the main point of my weight loss usually - one of my knees is total shit, so I cannot really do many sport or even jump around too freely. I just hoped Kratom could help a bit with reducing hunger or something else like this.

Thank you for the tip! I'm not really big on parties - I hate crowded and loud places, nausea would kick in faster than anything else.
I was hoping to fine a more "subtle" way of losing some weight - crash diets never really worked for me due to my already shitty health (dizziness and migraines all day, so if I want to work, not just lay and cry in my bed I cannot really go a day without eating at least a small meal, otherwise I'm fucked) and my partner is also not the happiest when he has to scope me up from the floor, I wonder why :D
Getting fit is not really the main point of my weight loss usually - one of my knees is total shit, so I cannot really do many sport or even jump around too freely. I just hoped Kratom could help a bit with reducing hunger or something else like this.
Go to biggest Hungarian festival and you’ll feel great there ☺. It’s something anybody should experience at least once.

I really love Hungarian food so can’t blame you for eating too much lol.

Well as you already have a partner, getting something to give you energy for marathon sex ☻?

Have you ever used any opiods? Do you have history of any substance addiction?

Go to biggest Hungarian festival and you’ll feel great there ☺. It’s something anybody should experience at least once.

I really love Hungarian food so can’t blame you for eating too much lol.

Well as you already have a partner, getting something to give you energy for marathon sex ☻?

Have you ever used any opiods? Do you have history of any substance addiction?

Ah, would be nice actually, but the prices are crazy - especially if you are comig form the eastern part of the country, Sziget and the rest of the bigger ones can be really heavy on the wallet. Maybe Campus festival next summer, if I can find a part-time job to get some money fist.

I'm really happy if you like traditional Hungarian dishes :D It is a bit heavy for me personally, but we have some really good shit (lángos is the best fucking thing you can eat here) Have you ever been in Hungary?
I think my often rapid weight gain/loss is actually due to some kind of health problem (at least my obgyn told me she suspects pcos or some other hormonal issue, so yey) but of course a better diet is always helping.

Would be really funny actually :D

Not really. Painkillers and sleeping pills time to time, but nothing else really. Kratom looks interesting tho.

I think that once you're using kratom "daily" or very often, even in low amounts (7-12gpd) then your metabolism changes a bit, it's quite common for those "addicted" that once you start the withdrawal your stomach goes mad and gets irritated by acid production, like it's starts digesting harder, like much harder because it seems that kratom stays in the stomach all day (well, because you dose more than twice a day...) so then it creates some kind of "stomach lining" or perhaps even a gut lining that makes absorption harder.
This hypothesis is probably true, at least for some people, since I tend to lose weight on kratom even if I eat the same and sleep the same, it's not super crazy or anything, not like conventional stims (consider that mitragynine it's a adrenergic stim apart from being a partial mu opioid agonist) but enough to be noticed...
I don't think it has too much to do with "regulating appetite". Another reason for the kratom weight loss is the fact that it's quite dehydrating so you don't get "bloated" or you don't accumulate liquids, is a strong diuretic among other things.

Traditionally and spiritually I would agree, but these days?? lol
I know a lot about fasting, ketosis and well beyond so I'll cut right to it.
Aside from it being something like maybe 50 calories, it wouldn't have any ramification on the state your body was in and even the healing that fasting induces in terms of it's value as a food and calorie source.
With modern diets like keto, intermittent fasting et cetera, the genetic research proved you can eat non-keto foods and still go into ketosis a couple hours everyday based on eating patterns and timing. You could easily take in the complex carbs or sugar in your first meal and still attain ketosis at the end of the day and while you sleep.

With someone that's 400 lbs, 5'8 and still physically active at work and taking care of their home, they might greatly benefit from a Kratom protocol.
So would the men, women and teenagers I chronically see 40 to 70lbs overweight though.
Of course, they didn't get that way because they never abused something that feels good.
What strand do you use? White I assume?

I think that once you're using kratom "daily" or very often, even in low amounts (7-12gpd) then your metabolism changes a bit, it's quite common for those "addicted" that once you start the withdrawal your stomach goes mad and gets irritated by acid production, like it's starts digesting harder, like much harder because it seems that kratom stays in the stomach all day (well, because you dose more than twice a day...) so then it creates some kind of "stomach lining" or perhaps even a gut lining that makes absorption harder.
This hypothesis is probably true, at least for some people, since I tend to lose weight on kratom even if I eat the same and sleep the same, it's not super crazy or anything, not like conventional stims (consider that mitragynine it's a adrenergic stim apart from being a partial mu opioid agonist) but enough to be noticed...
I don't think it has too much to do with "regulating appetite". Another reason for the kratom weight loss is the fact that it's quite dehydrating so you don't get "bloated" or you don't accumulate liquids, is a strong diuretic among other things.
I think it raises metabolism like most opiates. Kratom.

I think it raises metabolism like most opiates. Kratom.

Most opioids significantly lower metabolism and are associated with weight gain, diabetes, all sorts of bad things. They are not good for weight loss.

Kratom on the other hand has been shown to actually lower blood sugar. I'm not sure if it raises metabolism, it might through it's adrenergic stimulation.