• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom and redosing

Pharmakeia

Greenlighter
My friend has been burning Kratom some recently and has gotten used to red Bali, gold maeng da, and white elephant strains. He took about 6g of red Bali earlier and was wondering if it's safe for him to redose about 5-6 hours later as long as he eats in-between and stays hydrated? He is also planning on switching strains on the redose to limit tolerance.

If he's able to tolerate any side effects and doesn't have excess sedation then it's relatively safe, as those aren't crazy doses, but several factors come into play like tolerance, previous opioid/ kratom use and any polymorphisms with his metabolism such as CYP 450. Best to keep in mind that prolonged use can end up in withdrawals and it is an opioid so it should be respected and caution used if adding other substances into the mix.

Take a peek at this:

-Kratom-Megathread-V-6

Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if after 3 days of use in a row there will be withdrawal. He previously was using once every 3 to 4 days and these last three in a row have been kind of accidental. The other thread was interesting and gave some good info. Thanks!

How would it not be "safe"??

Kratom is a relatively safe substance, and I don't believe its ever killed anyone who doesn't have some other kind of condition or mixed it with something else.

I also don't think higher doses are more dangerous, I just think they often come with more side effects.

It wouldn't be "dangerous" to take 16 grams a day, 3 times a day, for a week, in fact, I know it's not, cause I've done it back when I had a crazy tolerance.

But i don't recommend letting your tolerance get that high.

Thanks for the information. I'm wondering if after 3 days of use in a row there will be withdrawal. He previously was using once every 3 to 4 days and these last three in a row have been kind of accidental. The other thread was interesting and gave some good info. Thanks!

I sometimes get some mild WD after using it 3 days in a row so I try not to.

You sound like me when I was new to Kratom, and somewhat like me still in that you actually don't want to get dependent, cause unlike most people on this forum I also try not to take it more than 3 days a week, but I messed up this time and today's my 5th day in a row, so I won't dose for the next few days and will probably have some mild withdrawal which mainly sucks cause it makes me all lethargic and tired but then it passes.

Also, we know it's you, and you don't have to pretend it's someone else taking the Kratom.

This site doesn't do SWIM or any of that stuff, it's fine to say it's you.

I wish I could still get kratom I loved it for the laughably short time I got to use it

Why can't you get it any more?

(No sourcing remember...)

Did your state make it lllegal?

It's still out there (fingers crossed), for now, available in most states.

I've been using kratom daily since 2014 or something...
Generally speaking I've found that I can redose after 4-5 hours but the longer I wait the better the effects are.

Idk that WD would set in after 3 days of use. I most certainly experience WD on par with hydrocodone when I go without a dose. I've been dependent for years now and generally take 15 grams twice a day (like 7am and 6pm give or take).

As stated it's relatively safe as long as you're healthy, know your limits, and aren't using a lot of other substances without experience. You're likely to experience more side effects like nausea, vomiting, dizinnes, constipation etc

Why can't you get it any more?

(No sourcing remember...)

Did your state make it lllegal?

It's still out there (fingers crossed), for now, available in most states.

UK banned it years ago i had a good balance to i took kratom every other week day and would treat myself to codeine and kratom on the weekend's the main thing I loved about it was different effects to codeine or other opiates it might have been a bit placebo but I think it had some kind of therapeutically effect on me i read a study that basically said in some people opiates do help them therapeutically and actually fixes a damaged dopamine receptor it was very interesting.