• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom and methadone?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Hey y'all!
I used the fucking search engine and haven't really got an answer.
I'm on 70mg/day methadone and wondered if my tolerance would mean if get fuck all out of kratom.
It's fairly expensive now it's been made illegal in the UK, so don't want to waste my time and money if it's going to do absolutely fuck all.
Thought it might be a nice to use just occasionally as way to kill alcohol/benzo cravings.
Any advice?

Well, I doubt you will get any opiate effects from kratom if you’re on methadone. I’m not positive though because I think methadone is only three times as strong as morphine and if I remember right kratom is 13 times stronger but I think that’s in terms of analgesia.

Sorry, I’m really not so sure either way.

The kratom would not potentiate to the analgesia/euphoria. It may extend the duration of the effects of the methadone though.

Kratom usually dulls the opioid euphoria for me. I personally would just use more methadone and on your off days use the Kratom for withdrawals

You can opt to use 1 to 10 (0.001mg) micrograms of Naltrexone (an opioid antagonist) to potentiate your methadone/kratom though. The Naltrexone through it's opioid receptor antagonism lowers your tolerance for opioids.

Magnesium can also be used to lower tolerance to opioids. I believe it works as an NMDA receptor antagonist.

Well, I doubt you will get any opiate effects from kratom if you’re on methadone. I’m not positive though because I think methadone is only three times as strong as morphine and if I remember right kratom is 13 times stronger but I think that’s in terms of analgesia.

Sorry, I’m really not so sure either way.
There is no way in hell Kratom is 13x as potent as morphine or methadone.

Kratom's main psychoactive alkaloid (mitragynine) is a partial agonist and has a ceiling effect. There is 7-hydroxymitragynine which is a full agonist and more potent than morphine but it is found in such low quantities that it doesn't really matter.

There is no way in hell Kratom is 13x as potent as morphine or methadone.

Kratom's main psychoactive alkaloid (mitragynine) is a partial agonist and has a ceiling effect. There is 7-hydroxymitragynine which is a full agonist and more potent than morphine but it is found in such low quantities that it doesn't really matter.
Sorry, I looked it up and it is 7-hydroxymitrygine that is 13 times more potent than morphine…and yeah too little in kratom.

Yet mitrigynine is said to convert to -7-hydroxymitrigynine when it is metabolized so again I’m really not sure because if they were administering 7-hydroxymitriginine I think that converts to another more potent form so yeah I believe it may be less potent. Still I hate morphine. I get zero euphoria from morphine no matter ROA but I do get a light euphoria from kratom.

Personally, I think buying kratom if you’re on methadone may be a waste of money if it is expensive in your country. It’s cheap where I’m at so I’d probably just try it out. I never got euphoria from methadone though. Kinda a shitty drug imo.

It might not tickle your MU receptor as the methadone is already doing that but the other 39 alkaloids in it might put some pep in your step.

The mitragynine is only ONE of the 40 alkaloids in kratom. You might benefit from what else it has to offer.

But no, probably no warm fuzzies or euphoria for ya but it won't really be a waste until you try it and see for yourself.

Good luck with it if you try it. :multicolorheadbang:

Good question and I'm not really sure if it would do much.
I sometimes take Kratom on top of my bupe dose and that seems to work ok if I am really feeling like I need more opioid pain relief..but yeah I could see methadone somehow being harder.

Nah not yet, I'll let y'all know if I bother. Was hoping to get some slightly more encouraging answers first. Got some black seed oil and phenibut coming tomorrow, so hopefully they might be good for a while.

Sorry, I looked it up and it is 7-hydroxymitrygine that is 13 times more potent than morphine…and yeah too little in kratom.

Yet mitrigynine is said to convert to -7-hydroxymitrigynine when it is metabolized so again I’m really not sure because if they were administering 7-hydroxymitriginine I think that converts to another more potent form so yeah I believe it may be less potent. Still I hate morphine. I get zero euphoria from morphine no matter ROA but I do get a light euphoria from kratom.

Personally, I think buying kratom if you’re on methadone may be a waste of money if it is expensive in your country. It’s cheap where I’m at so I’d probably just try it out. I never got euphoria from methadone though. Kinda a shitty drug imo.
Methadone is complicated. You can get a high and it last a good 3 hours. BUT your tolerance has to be low. Like 10mg of oxy is good for you low. And then once you reach a certain point with the methadone the high will go away and no matter how much extra you take you won’t feel it. I’ve been taking a week or two off from high doses. I’ll switch from 30 mg to 5 mg every other day for the week or two and then my tolerance drops back down enough to where the 20-30mg methadone gives me a decent buzz. Not great but decent especially since it last a few hours. Helps my mood. And somehow still keeps me from wanting oxy and other things. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Still I hate morphine. I get zero euphoria from morphine no matter ROA but I do get a light euphoria from kratom.
Da fuck?..that sounds crazy ....what about the ceiling effect of kratom ? Maybe how strong something is has nothing to do with its affinity to the receptors ...like buprenorphine for example ..i dont know , morphine is just all sweetness and addictive as fuck compared to kratom which is something i never craved and i only use it to get off real opiates (like morphine)

Da fuck?..that sounds crazy ....what about the ceiling effect of kratom ? Maybe how strong something is has nothing to do with its affinity to the receptors ...like buprenorphine for example ..i dont know , morphine is just all sweetness and addictive as fuck compared to kratom which is something i never craved and i only use it to get off real opiates (like morphine)
Yeah when they say stronger than morphine I don’t think they are saying it’s more active but idk a lot when it comes to this

I do know kratom is less active than methadone and morphine or rather I think but binding affinity is different and we are really getting into areas I know next to nothing about.