• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos klonopin wafers questions

pillman1224

Bluelighter
so basically i tried to squirrel my doc into upping me from .5 xanax 3x day to 1mg 3x day and he didnt want to do it. i dont take xanax other than 3mg to sleep when i dont want to drink and take restoril to sleep. anyway it was a no go. so i remembered he prescribed me klonopin in the past and went that route. he said "we could go back to 1mg 3x a day" the problem was they took so long to kick in. i made up some story about how a nurse friend of mine mentioned i should ask about wafers needless to say i walked out of his office with a 90 day supply 1mg klonopin wafers 3x day and restoril 30mg at night(like always).

^the above is just background and this is the real question. for klonopin to actually get me high/able to fall asleep (the afterglow in the morning throughout the day is my favorite part) i need 6mg should it be the same with this. the pharmacy had to special order them so they will be here tomorrow. should i take the usually dose and expect to fall asleep quicker? for the record this is probably the one benzo in the U.S. i havent had and cannot wait to try it. he bullshitted me about halcion not being used anymore and i know thats a lie because i have had it (not from him)

The wafers are orally disintegrating, not true sublingual tabs although I am sure you can use them that way. But it is unlikely you will have a much quicker effect than just SLing the regular tabs but they probably will dissolve more completely.

The wafers are orally disintegrating, not true sublingual tabs although I am sure you can use them that way. But it is unlikely you will have a much quicker effect than just SLing the regular tabs but they probably will dissolve more completely.

thanks Kitty this is going to sound dumb but will 6mg of regular klonopin feel the same as these wafers. i know it sounds dumb but i already have a somewhat high benzo/alcohol tolerance and i dont want their to be any crossing issues.

Yeah, shouldn't be much of a difference at all. If anything, the wafers may feel a bit stronger if you SL them as while they aren't true SL dosage form, they will dissolve more readily perhaps getting a bit more into your system. But tbh, I think it would be hard to notice.

Yeah, shouldn't be much of a difference at all. If anything, the wafers may feel a bit stronger if you SL them as while they aren't true SL dosage form, they will dissolve more readily perhaps getting a bit more into your system. But tbh, I think it would be hard to notice.

if they are not true SL dosage then what are they. i thought this what the shit epileptics get. oh and Kitty would you mind checking out my thread entitled fentanyl patch sublingual" its been days and no one has responded. of course do this when you are not getting yelled at by customers to "HURRY UP WITH MY PAIN PILLS I AIN'T GOT ALL DAY". shit makes me not want to do the 8 month pharmacy tech program at my college.

Last edited:
clonazepam is clonazepam no matter the formulation, there shouldnt be a difference in oral/sl formulations

if they are not true SL dosage then what are they. i thought this what the shit epileptics get. oh and Kitty would you mind checking out my thread entitled fentanyl patch sublingual" its been days and no one has responded. of course do this when you are not getting yelled at by customers to "HURRY UP WITH MY PAIN PILLS I AIN'T GOT ALL DAY". shit makes me not want to do the 8 month pharmacy tech program at my college.

They are designed to be orally disintegrating meaning you just pop them on your tongue, but not necessarily under it as in SL, and dont need water to swallow it down. Useful in people who have difficulty swallowing or for kids. They certainly share characteristics with SL tabs in their formulations. I will take a look to see exactly if there are different excipients as well as your other thread.

They are designed to be orally disintegrating meaning you just pop them on your tongue, but not necessarily under it as in SL, and dont need water to swallow it down. Useful in people who have difficulty swallowing or for kids. They certainly share characteristics with SL tabs in their formulations. I will take a look to see exactly if there are different excipients as well as your other thread.

thanks the other thread is just a simplie question im trying to get answered im surprised i havent had any takers yet.

I read it. Will respond sometime today. Let me say this though. Be careful. SL fentanyl may be of much higher bioavailabilty than what you are doing.

thanks not to mention the most ive used this week was 15mg oxy which got me an ok buzz but not what i was looking for i might use the fent SL today i might not kinda worried about tolerance but i dont ill die. but if i do then at least make sure im added to the shrine

Klonopin is far superior to Xanax imo it's a more slight hill than Xanax while Xanax is like jumping off a cliff

so heres the skinny on the wafers compared to the regular klonopin. they disolve quicker and have a nice cherry taste (teva is the MFG i dont know if that makes a difference) anyway they are a pain the ass because they are blister packed. regular klonopin i take SL and after 2 hours im ready for bed with these i went to bed about an hour and a half after ingestion but didnt fall asleep for 30 minutes. so its safe to assume these also take 2 hours to kick in. keep in mind im taking 6mg at a time so yeah ill do more testing but if given the option ill just go back to regular klonopin. hopefully he will keep my at 90 a month as opposed to 60. hey at least i got a three month supply. well one month 2 refills. oh as a side note my favorite part of taking kpin over xanax is the fact im still high the next day well high isnt the right word more i feel "soft" and "mushy" i didnt get that with these any reason why?

Xanax is a short acting benzo with a short half life. Klonopin is a long acting benzo with a long half life.

Also orally disintegrating tablets are sublingual. My sublingual zofran is labeled orally disintegrating trackers mfg mylan. IDK what other people are saying.

Last edited:
Xanax is a short acting benzo with a short half life. Klonopin is a long acting benzo with a long half life.

Also orally disintegrating tablets are sublingual. My sublingual zofran is labeled orally disintegrating trackers mfg mylan. IDK what other people are saying.
any reason you or anyone else can think of why i wasnt high the next day. this kinda pisses me off as its the only reason why i chose klonopin over the other option Xanax Xr from what i heard the time release is in the make-up of the pill itself

The part about ODT isnt really true. They are formulated similarly but ODT tabs, while able to be SL, are designed to rapidly dissolve on the tongue a be absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract like regular oral tabs. SL medications for the most part have poor absorption when taken orally and must be dissolved through the mucosa under the tongue.

The part about ODT isnt really true. They are formulated similarly but ODT tabs, while able to be SL, are designed to rapidly dissolve on the tongue a be absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract like regular oral tabs. SL medications for the most part have poor absorption when taken orally and must be dissolved through the mucosa under the tongue.
thanks for that Kitty any reason why im not high when i wake up and im i bit confused i let them dissolve under my tongue then swallowed the remains should i just take them regularly. i cant exactly ask my pharmacists why im not high when i wake up ya know.

I think the way you did it (SLing some and swallowing some) and the quite wide variability of absorption via the sublingual mucosa had a role in this.

So many things make the SL route quite erratic in terms of absorption, that it is really easy to imagine why you arent getting that next day feeling you want. The physiochemical properties of the drug (solubility, molecular weight, pka), the formulation of the product (size of tablet, excipients used, process to make the product), the physiology of the oral mucosa (tighter pH range, tighter junctions of epithelial cells, both hydrophilic and hydrophobic barriers to drug absorption) and patient variability (thickness or disease state of their oral mucosa, did they follow proper technique, did they eat, drink or smoke soon after administration) all make the SL route tricky to get just right and consistent results each time.

Generally SL provides quicker onset but often less duration. I dont think it is very significant with Klonopin, but perhaps it is adding a small decrease in how long it is working. But if I had to guess, because you dissolved some other the tongue and swallowed the rest is the biggest contributing factor to you not getting all you want out of your Klonopin. Let me explain a bit.

So you put some under your tongue to dissolve. All the shit I mentioned above may not have given you adequate absorption of the Klonopin which would obviously lead the less than ideal effects. But then you swallowed some which was probably much less than if you just swallowed the whole 6mg at once. Some of this actually will absorb through the esophagus and perhaps even stomach, but both are not real good sites of absorption, again giving you less in your system. And the amount that finally does hit the intestines for absorption, is far less than your normal dose, and with the tolerance you have, it is not suprising you arent feeling much.

So to sum up, just take them orally. Through the various things I mentioned, you are probably losing enough of the dose to notice it isnt doing what you want.

thanks for the advice ill try them orally i took 6mg of "regular" klonpin last night orally and it made a world of difference hopefully these will do the same cause if i go back to regular klonopin i only get 60 a month.

i this really a big tolerance 6mg i did experience wd after 4 days no use just weed to sleep.