• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Kicking Lyrica

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Hi!

I take 2 x Lyrica 75 mg a day (total 150 mg/day). If I suddenly stopped taking it at all, do you think I'd have bad withdrawals?

Do you ever get Lyrica tolerance back to zero after quitting? I'm not getting any noticeable effects from it anymore.

If I suddenly stopped taking it at all, do you think I'd have bad withdrawals?
That really depends how long you've been taking it, and what you consider 'bad'.

Also any other meds you are (or aren't) on could play a factor. But mainly how long you've been taking it.

That really depends how long you've been taking it, and what you consider 'bad'.

Also any other meds you are (or aren't) on could play a factor. But mainly how long you've been taking it.
I've been taking it for three years.

IMO the best bet is to drop 75mg a day for a week or so before dropping the other 75mg. Or one could open the capsules (or tablet) and halve the content to taper more slowly.
There may be some WD symptoms but they shouldn't be too uncomfortable or crippling.

Edit:
It is my experience that tolerence will drop to normal or close to it after a while... as posted this will depend on usage of other gaba drugs that may be in the regimen.

Last edited:
IMO the best bet is to drop 75mg a day for a week or so before dropping the other 75mg. Or one could open the capsules (or tablet) and halve the content to taper more slowly.
There may be some WD symptoms but they shouldn't be too uncomfortable or crippling.

Edit:
It is my experience that tolerence will drop to normal or close to it after a while... as posted this will depend on usage of other gaba drugs that may be in the regimen.
Hello, you seem knowledgeable and I would like your guidance, please.

I have been on Gabapentin for 6 months (600mg 2x/day) so gaba is already in my system. But I switched to Lyrica and have been on a binge. 😕

I’ve taken 2700mg over just a few days.
I have 1800mgs left…24 capsules at 75mg.

I am afraid of withdrawal. I’ve been through it before and it sucks.

My plan for tapering is such:
3x for 3 days (9p)
2x for 5 days (10p)
1x for 5 days (5p)

Comments?
Is it better to take them all at once each day or should I stagger doses?

Or is this way better?:
6x - day 1
5x - day 2
4x - day 3, etc…

I hope to hear from you.
I really don’t know how to go about tapering off this stuff.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Or is this way better?
Going down in dose gradually is the better way and if dosing once a day can keep the bug-outs away - good. I would probably halve mine as I think I like habits/rituals more than just taking a drug.
I’ve taken 2700mg over just a few days.
Ya may get a break if not a long term binge but unknown with the gabapentin in the picture for 6 months. If there will be withdrawals there is no way I can predict the severity of said.
Do you have a prescribing doctor that you can talk to?
No need for withdrawals I was confused as well when I went from gabapentin to pregabalin and was worked with so wd wasnt an option. They rx-ed more pregab until my next refill date.

But I see ya just wanna drop it.
Yeah just dose lower each day 75mg and see what happens....
Be observant of any sudden changes mentally specially if it gets all dark and shit. Hope not. ;)

Confused:
Is gabapentin still going to be in the picture or no gabapetinoids?

Going down in dose gradually is the better way and if dosing once a day can keep the bug-outs away - good. I would probably halve mine as I think I like habits/rituals more than just taking a drug.

Ya may get a break if not a long term binge but unknown with the gabapentin in the picture for 6 months. If there will be withdrawals there is no way I can predict the severity of said.
Do you have a prescribing doctor that you can talk to?
No need for withdrawals I was confused as well when I went from gabapentin to pregabalin and was worked with so wd wasnt an option. They rx-ed more pregab until my next refill date.

But I see ya just wanna drop it.
Yeah just dose lower each day 75mg and see what happens....
Be observant of any sudden changes mentally specially if it gets all dark and shit. Hope not. ;)

Confused:
Is gabapentin still going to be in the picture or no gabapetinoids?
Thanks so much for your input. I’ve gradually reduced intake. I have 8 left and will be done with them by Friday. I’ll have the weekend to lie around and bounce back.

No more gabapentinoids for me, period. The weight gain makes the benefit not worth it. I switched to Lyrica, but the buzz is so good that I take too much and waste it on that. I’m going CT, basically. This tapering off will hopefully diminish the WD.
I do have a few Xanax, and some other less potent anti-anxiety meds that may help.
Add Delta 9 gummies.

Wish me luck!

You experienced weight gain?? That’s funny, I actually DROPPED weight while on it. I switched from Lyrica to gabapentin in order to taper off. However, the pain I am experiencing now is rather extreme, and I am going to talk to my doctor about whether I can remain on this safely while pregnant (which is the reason I am tapering off of all of my meds.) my fibromyalgia and low back pain due to several slipped discs is just out of control without the pregabalin. Maybe I could remain on it but at a much lower dose; I currently take 300 mg once a day (at night because it is extremely sedating.)

You experienced weight gain?? That’s funny, I actually DROPPED weight while on it. I switched from Lyrica to gabapentin in order to taper off. However, the pain I am experiencing now is rather extreme, and I am going to talk to my doctor about whether I can remain on this safely while pregnant (which is the reason I am tapering off of all of my meds.) my fibromyalgia and low back pain due to several slipped discs is just out of control without the pregabalin. Maybe I could remain on it but at a much lower dose; I currently take 300 mg once a day (at night because it is extremely sedating.)
Weight gain is a very common side effect of pregabalin and gabapentin. It’s one of the reasons I stopped taking it even though it helped with nerve pain.