View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Worth Trying??

SharedHalucination

Bluelighter
I currently have the ability to acquire 500mg of ketamine just wondering from he BLighters if they cared about doing it.
Just how short the actual trip is whats throwing me off. Also never tried PCP and dont plan to. Are effects similar? If so I will probably pass, nobody I know who has done PCP seems "right" anymore. Could have been from other drugs but idk.

I don't think ketamine and PCP are too similar - or more that the PCP effects that concern you will probably not manifest if you take ketamine. PCP seems kind of like a waking walking hole, and often quite delusional. Ketamine delusions tend to only occur only inside the hole, and you'd probably be lying down/incapacitated.

The ketamine would probably last you quite some time if you divided it into 5-6 lines, without tolerance. Probably a few holes in there.

I have basically the same question, coming from a different angle.
I like methoxetamine,and have never tried ket. I had some "m-holes" but i'm more a fan of a lower dose and some weed and a good movie. Is this similar with ketamine?

I have basically the same question, coming from a different angle.
I like methoxetamine,and have never tried ket. I had some "m-holes" but i'm more a fan of a lower dose and some weed and a good movie. Is this similar with ketamine?

Probably, other than you might actually come to prefer (or at least find equally enticing) the k-hole!

I use ketamine a lot and I think a k hole is a truley amazing experience if you’re in the right environment . A friend of mine used it o wrap up in duvets in a dimly lit room with some chill music, take enough to hole and get taken to wherever our minds wanted to. The physical sensation is truley amazing as well. I’d try go in to more detail but it’s like trying to describe a dream to someone. Thing I find about holing is that your fully aware of it. Magical imo.

Man I want some k. Shame I quit 4 years ago after a bout of addiction.

If you do choose to take it just check your environment and your dosage. Stumbling around or hoping when in public or in a club isn’t good (trust me).

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, ketamine is worth trying. Anxiety free psychedelic. Achten yes you will probably like it and possibly even prefer it over MXE (overally I found MXE was a better drug but dissociation of K is better)

K is nice.

I agree with trying at home with nice soft pillows and chill music

I like stretching on it.

at smaller doses I like dancing on it.

I'd say it lasts about an hour with some afterglow into the rest of the day.

S+ Ketamine shares some traits with MXE, but IME is much less visual, especially OEVs, but it is a more powerful anaesthetic and feels more sedating.
I would say also less Serotonine release/direct agonism.
It is also not an upper for me, I do not feel any surge in adrenaline, I think MXE might be slightly stimulant at least for some people, although it doesn't feel adrenergic to me.
Racemic Ketamine will impair your motor coordination much more than S+, and this makes it a very different compound.

K-Holes are more trippy and immersive for me compared to M-Holes, and it is possible (at least for me) to reach a point were while experiencing the K-Hole my personality changes and upon cessation of effects I wouldn't understand why I would think that stuff as it doesn't make sense at all to me, as in not like I wouldn't agree with those thoughts but rather failing to understand them or see an underlying logic.
Never happened with MXE.

Ketamine is way more likely to have you sit/lay down for the peak, unable to roll a spliff or take off your hoodie or even speak, although this might be actually good for you
sometimes, will prevent you from being able to act like a fool/create danger for self and/or others/wander off randomly leaving all your possessions behind etc... and maybe even redose, like it would be possible with MXE.
On the flip side one can get injured while trying to move, and even worse not realize it and make it worse/not seek medical assistance; also I saved or witnessed people being saved from choking in their vomit as they were lying on their back facing up totally unaware of what was happening to them.

For me the shorter duration of K is not a negative by the way, rather a positive attribute as if I hole for 30-40 min I will feel like I was tripping for ages and find myself satisfied, meaning I never once redosed after a K-Hole, but I find small doses moreish.
I also love how properly ground K comes on super fast from insufflation, like definitely feel it after 2 minutes, strong effects after 5, Hole before 10 have passed.
I see as how this might be unsettling for some, as it is a rather quick change in perception.

If you like light effects you can do that but it means doing small rails often, probably every hour or so. And this can get compulsive quickly, and doses will need to be increased or redosing more frequent as the session progresses as tolerance develops really fast with Ketamine. It is very annoying unless you are indoor in a safe place as you can imagine disappearing multiple times and walking around funny can get you noticed in a public setting that is not drug tolerant. And as your motor coordination gets worse and worse, dosing and preparing lines will become a very difficult and slow process, and I have seen people trying to snort a rail and move the straw like more than an inch over it and realizing they insufflated precisely nothing only after several seconds.

Ultimately, if a drug is worth trying can only be personal decision on your part, your fellow Bluelighters can only provide you with their experiences, suggestions and all sorts of info that you might need to make an informed decision and, in case the decision will be to go ahead and ingest a drug, to make sure that you are aware of how to avoid/minimize the associated dangers.

Last edited:
It really depends on you, your curiosity level and what kind of experience you seek. For me personally, I'm glad I've tried Ketamine, and I would recommend it to myself if I could go back in time, just for it's novelty and broadening my experience. However, I'm not a big fan of Ketamine or the experience of being dissociated, not really into it, so I don't recommend it to my friends. Don't really un-recommend it either.

If you are the kind of person who's curious and interested in experiencing different states of mind it could be worth trying. In a safe place, with a safe dose from a clean legit source, there's not much harm that could come out of that to see what it's like.

Definitely.

Favorite ever, well after deschloroketamine and methoxetamine :p

K-holing is insanity.

Just remember,

Ketamine:
A hydrochloride tranquilizer used in veterinary practice for the sedation of animals and reptiles

Application;
Injected intravenously
To induce psychopathic paralysis

Effects in humans in powdered form:
Extreme state of euphoria
Hallucinations
Out of body experiences

Dangers:
Seizures
Psychosis
Permanent loss of senses
Brain damage
Internal bleeding
And even death

Conclusion:
Ket is for horses, you dumb motherfuckers!

"Seizures
Psychosis
Permanent loss of senses
Brain damage
Internal bleeding
And even death"

Bruh.. youre scaring me a little bit.

lol sounds unanimous that its worth it. kinda expensive but not sure when ill have the chance to cop some again. Gonna pull the trigger. Thanks everyone!

Guys,

It?s lyrics from a song. Relax :)

https://youtu.be/NSTx31dxmgA

I think the only person who has died from ketamine was some girl who insufflated like an ounce-worth and basically choked on the crystals.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know Ketamine is one of the safest drugs, including all legal meds prescribed or OTC.
When I say safest I mean pharmacologically, as in it's not gonna cause damage or any malfunctioning in your body, but ofcourse repeated frequent use will change that.
Also there are dangers from the lack of motor control and sensorial confusion, especially if one is alone.
I guess it's pretty obvious that one should never drive until completely sober.

^ Thanks @orangelicker and @Phobos. I was less worried about the health risk in the common dose range and more about the effect duration. I guess I am comparing it to LSD too much when its in its own class.
You go from 8 strong hours of tripping to 1 hour compounded with a higher price. I realize I am borderline breaking the rules asking the question. Thanks for being cool moddies:)

I Would agree on it being a very physically-safe drug, if used only once or twice; if used habitually or heavily, it can very well damage your bladder.

I think that?s why you were getting at?

Not going to kill you, not instantly, but if you mess up your bladder and don?t get treatment for that, you won?t last. Not fun to have an artificial bladder, either.

This is one of the main reasons MXE was developed; lower dose and longer duration = fewer metabolites scraping your bladder?s walls.

It is also very psychologically addicting, in my experience, and heavy repeated use will cause bladder damage as said.

Also, sorry about the song lyrics confusion. I suppose I erroneously assumed that people have heard that song.

Last edited:
i dont wanna recommend taking anything cause everyone is different, but i can say that i find ketamine to be one of my favorite drugs.

if you do decide to give it a shot, i would recommend going slow.

for instance: if i were to do my first ketamine experiences all over knowing what i know now, and i had a half g, i would measure out 250mg and put it away, and then slowly titrate up from 25 (or so) mg over a couple of days. then, when im comfortable with the dosages, i would wait a week or two for my mind to forget about ketamine,

and then id fucking take that 250mg to hole territory with some cannabis added after i come back to reality enough to smoke.

Last edited:
250mg might be an ok dosage for racemic Ketamine, but for a person with no tolerance 250mg of S+ would be just a blackout.
for S+ I think 130-160mg should be enough.

There are 2 types of K illegally sold: racemic Ketamine, the most common and cheap, and the S+ isomer, that is more powerful by weight, and slightly shorter in action, and also has a lesser effect on motor coordination.
People might prefer one or the other depending on what they are looking for.

The dose needed for a K hole will depend on what type of K you have, and ofcourse also how much of what you will be sold as K is actually K.

I would recommend against trying to K hole right away, especially not if you will be alone.

Do a few experiments titrating up from 20/30mg, and see how you like it and how does your body handle it.

Avoid having alcohol and other downers (benzodiazepines, opiates) in your system, and also MAOI, and SSRIs.