• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Ketamine/Unknown dose) First time use, Will do again!

StygianWitch

Greenlighter
So I've been wanting to try ketamine ever since I was sedated with it for oral surgery. They used IV method and by the time I woke up most of the effects were gone except a slight floating feeling.

I got my hands on some lotion for neuropathy which had Ketamine 10%. I did some research and separating the ketamine seems too hard or maybe impossible. I read that rectal administration would make it work. I've tried this a couple other times with other drugs and it worked great. So I took 8ml of the 10% ketamine lotion and "administered" it to myself. I'm not sure how many mgs the 8ml would be but I'm guessing it was enough based on my experience to come.

After about 20 minutes I started to feel a floating feeling and was yawning a lot. 40 minutes in it and oh shit I'm having a full on out of body experience, my entire body is numb, I can't talk or walk without a lot of concentration on the task. I found that the only way I could see clearly was to close one eye. This was strange to me. This lasted for at least an hour to hour and a half. It was a slow come down back into the slight floaty feeling. At this point I re-dosed with 4ml and that was a mistake. The floating feeling came back strong and I passed out after that for many hours.

I will be doing this again but I won't re-dose. I'm just waiting for a good setting to enjoy it when I am by myself or around a friend that doesn't mind. I was with my wife and she was a little pissed about how little I could function.

I think I will re-post a more detailed report, taking notes during the trip. I just wanted to share this first-time experience. This weekend will be a good time to trip again so I will post that detailed report after come-down.

Last edited:
Doctors have the lotion made by a pharmacy. Yes, they used K because opiods/benzos don't put me out.

It doesn't sound a "hole" dosage of ketamine, if you were discussing being able to see normally at all or even attempt to talk then you have farther to go.

Also, no doctor will ever use opiates or benzos to put you under for surgery, they use dissociatives for that. There are different ones they use but ketamine is well tolerated and very safe compared to most. When I got my wisdom teeth out, I was 16... I had never done any drugs yet. But I had a small window of experience I remember that in retrospect felt exactly like ketamine.

I have time now to trip again. I've already started and I'm writing a trip report in Microsoft word to edit later in case some of it is confusing. I'm almost at peak now so should i post this trip report with my original post or make a new post in this thread?

You should go lay down and close your eyes in a dark room first! The only way to take a proper dose of ketamine...

I did just that. I passed out a little while after my mind left into some other strange world. I will post my trip report later. I am still feeling after-effects and am gonna go back to sleep.