Human Interest Ketamine Therapy and Its Benefits

phenethylo J

Bluelight Crew

Ketamine Therapy and Its Benefits

Lea Lis MD
Psychology Today
6 Jul 2022

Excerpt:
As a psychiatrist and lifelong student, I am frequently researching advancements in mental health care and the best possible treatment plans available for my patients. My interest in exploring ketamine therapy as a practitioner started after learning about the success other practitioners were experiencing with patients suffering from trauma. Through my research, I found that ketamine therapy in connection with psychotherapy provided patients with a safe psychedelic experience under the care of a trained practitioner.

Ketamine is an anesthetic that can be used to help treat a variety of mental health conditions, including treatment-resistant depression/major depression, anxiety, PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder), OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), bipolar disorder, and certain addictions/substance use disorders. It also has positive effects for people with chronic pain and fewer side effects than other pain medications. When administered by a practitioner in a controlled environment using a variety of techniques, it can help patients heal by processing, overcoming, and releasing trauma.

In preparing to provide ketamine therapy, I am addressing the frequently asked questions about the benefits, use in mental health, and treatment plans available.

Last edited by a moderator: