• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [Ketamine Subthread] Cooking K

SovietContin is displaying a fairly common problem around here - he's not thinking things through.
Look, people - Ketamine in vials DOES NOT CONTAIN SALINE. The "salt" in vials is Benzethonium Chloride. It is also called "phemerol" and is used in a number of "injectables".
For verification, see the Ketalar/Vetalar MSDS - http://www.bedfordlabs.com/msds/Ketamine50mg.pdf
The MSDS for Benzethonium Chloride can be found here - http://physchem.ox.ac.uk/MSDS/BE/benzethonium_chloride.html
No method of removing the moisture that leaves ketamine will remove phemerol. So that crap about using heat to remove the salt is exactly that - crap. Misinformation.
Also, despite what some people will tell you, ketamine is often cut. So if you're a dealer who doesn't cut, you'll probably hear things like "Your stuff is the best ever!" a lot.
Ketamine at recreational doses will hit you differently depending on when you ate last, how long you've slept recently, what other drugs you're on... in short, same dose, different days, different results. Just because one dose fucked you up more than another did doesn't mean the product is different.
There is no magic heating technique that'll make any K more potent. Don't be silly.
Think it through.

As both ketamine and Benzethonium appear to be white solids, what gives k the slight pinkish color when dried using the gentle boiling method?

Cooking ketamine:blow dry method

Someone mentioned that blow-drying ketamine was one of the best methods of cooking ketamine, could anyone give me some decent instructions on how to do this?
I UTFSE but couldn't find any instructions for this particular method...

How to Blowdry your K:

1. Empty liquid K into pyrex dish (usually no more than 2 veils per 8"x8" dish)
2. Using blowdrier, use the hot air flow to move the liquid K around the dish, as it moves, it will leave a light film along the edges where it dries.
3. Continue step 2 until all the K has been turned into film

This process can be very tedious, but it is faster than evaporating, and allows you to focus which part of the K you want to dry out, so that you don't overcook it at all. Once you get this method down, you can perfectly cook your K in just a bit longer than good ol' fashoned conventional oven cooking.

double-broiling is actually the best way.

for those who dont know, thats when you put it in a bowl/plate/whatever and put that over top of a pot of boiling water, so that the heat from the steam is tranferred to the dish, causing the liquid to evaporate.

People have argued over the "best" way to cook one's K since it was discovered that you could cook it, and I don't think that any one way will ever be accepted as the best for years to come. To each their own.

How much is 2 vials in ml roughly? Also how long does it take to cook 2 vials?Cheers

well, it depends on the density, but assuming about 100mg/mL, that would be about 20mL. How long does it take to cook? Anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, depending on how you choose to cook it. With the blowdrying method, it depends on the size of the dish, how much liquid is in the dish, the tempature of the hot air from the blowdrier, and the speed of the air coming out, but all-in-all I'd say between 15 minutes and 30 minutes for 2 vials in a standard sized pyrex dish.

I have read some threads on this (drying ketamine) but there's something that isnt exactly clear:

If I were to dry ketamine with the 'gentle boil' method, should I cover the pyrex with something? or just put the liquid ket in the open pyrex on top of the boiling water?

any extra cautions I should consider?

(sorry to bring this thread back, but I guess it was better than creating a new one)

Once, I prepared a shot of K (about 100mg) on a spoon then something came up and I decided not to go ahead with it. So I left the thing as it is (K in water in spoon) for a few days and forgot about it.

When I came back, I found my spoon adorned with beautiful hairy, shard-like crystals that formed in a star-shape. I felt too bad when I had to cut it up and snort it :D. (and no, I know what meth looks/feels like, in case that's what you're thinking).

Chopping it up shattered the crystals into very fine white powder.

In any case, if I ever had dissolved K that I wanted to dry, I would dry as SLOWLY as possible in a concave container. I think concave is the keyword here.

Ah, what happened to the spoon and "I" will happen yesterday as I told you tomorrow ;).

The funny thing is that if someone is distributing the dry K, I won't be surprised that some people will reject it if it were very crystaline thinking you're trying to give them Meth. LOL.

(In my experience though, having seen both types of crystals, meth tends to form large, glass-like shards, while Ketamine forms intricate snowflake-like crystals. By snowflake I mean the star-patterns.

If the Ketamine molecule is stable as a freebase, You could do a two - layer extraction using a polar solvent (like alcohol), and a nonpolar solvent (like ether). As far as I know, this hasn't been done yet. It might solve the problem of non - ketamine impurities winding up in the powder.

best advice EVER. ALWAYS USE a pyrex super flat microwave plate. Those things are the greatest for drying/cooking K......

SgtD82 said:
Ok...some people swear to me that boiling a pot of water...taking it off the stove and putting liq K on a plate and let it heat while sitting on top of the pot is the best way.
Thats how i've always done it, and all of the dealers I know who sell it in powder do it, a hundred times better than heating it slowly straight off, never seen the blow dried method though.

It's not any more potent than regular non-burnt ketamine. The heat doesn't "activate" the molecule or anything silly like that.

In fact, too much heat can cause degredation products from the breakdown of organic compounds at high temps (only from very powerful heat gun, oven or grill)

If the Ketamine molecule is stable as a freebase, You could do a two - layer extraction using a polar solvent (like alcohol), and a nonpolar solvent (like ether). As far as I know, this hasn't been done yet. It might solve the problem of non - ketamine impurities winding up in the powder.

If the benzethonium chloride is a quaternary amine (most of the antibacterials for preseving solns for injection are), you'll be able to dissolve it in water, make soln alkaline, extract into ether.then extract ketamine from ether layer with acidic soln (dil HCl), the benzalkonium chloride will not dissolve in the organic layer, because of the true ionic nature of quaternary ammonium salts.

Thing is, why bother to remove it? If it's in a solution for injection, it must be safe...

Oh and for the drying method, just forcing cold air over the surface will have the water evaporate in a couple of hours (as in forcing from a hair dryer with all the heating elements switched off and set on full blow). Using heat sources runs the risk of burning/singing the ket HCl (dry heat), and the boiling water bath method has all the potential of a disaster waiting to happen (best way to spill what you've recovered - pick up a plate at the temp of boiling water. It happens with alarming regularity).

As the saying goes

Patience is it's own reward =D

I UTFSE but unless im missing a few brain cells, couldnt find much. Anyway, i just got a 1000mg bottle of "Imalgen 1000" imported from germany. its 100 mg/ml and 10ml. Ive done k before but always bought it in powder form with unknown dosages and whatnot, so i dont know how to cook. i know theres a quick microwave method but im unsure of the details. also will this method destroy any of the k? One more important question is, does this brand contain any additives? i know some brands have some sort of deleriants in them. or would the bottle list all the contents? all it says is ketamine.. anyways thanks in advance for everyone who takes the time to help me out here.