View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine first time

terarc

Bluelighter
Hey guys so I've obtained some (verified) 99%+ pure, pharmaceutical grade racemic ketamine. I'm pretty excited to try it out but I'm just looking for some information on what to expect from the effects, the importance of set/setting, anything else in general really that's noteworthy. I'm pretty experienced with psychedelics (Psilocybin, LSD, 2C-B, Mescaline, 4-AcO-DMT all at least a few times or more) and MDMA (10+ times), and heavily experienced with cannabis of various forms (was a daily user for over a year and still a regular user), so I'm no stranger to altered consciousness. The only other dissociative/NMDA antagonist I've tried is nitrous oxide, which I love and am also pretty experienced with. So although it's obviously going to be quite different still, would I be right in thinking NOS would be the most similar drug I've tried to ketamine in terms of the experience produced?

I'm going to start out with 20-30mg bumps first, to get a feel for the effects at lower doses and work up slowly. Though I'm very interested in experiencing a K-hole, it's not something I want to try and achieve before I've got at least a few separate experiences with K at sub-hole dosages first. Basically I've read as much information as is available online about it but I haven't really come across many particular detailed, but generalised descriptions of the effects, especially at lower dosages.

You will be fine, just lay down when you feel like. Many people say that K is all about holing but many enjoy low doses as well. Set and settings isnt nearly as important with dissociatives compared to psychedelics. Turn off the lights, put on some music you enjoy, lie down, close your eyes and enjoy the magic.

Ketamine only lasts an hour or two so if end up taking too much it will be over pretty soon. Just dont resist it and let go and you will have an amazing experience.

Dissociatives can be pretty habit forming so keep that in mind.

Last edited:
I love the closed eye visuals on ketamine so much. I agree that you should be fine. My favourite way to approach ketamine is to do a small bump, shut my eyes, wait until the closed eye visuals appear to have peaked, ride it out a bit, then do another small bump, repeat, etc. Eventually i get to this place where I can just glide through any landscape of my choosing. It's a different look to anything else I've tried. Usually not very colourful and kind of black & white, but amazing none the less. It's so much better than just knocking up a huge line and ending up confused.

Is there any chance of getting a photo of the ketamine? I'm interested to remember what high quality ketamine looks like.

Oh and as for low doses: I'd say that little bumps just kind of alter everything slightly. They make everything kind of interesting and fun, and your world is just seen through such a friendly filter. Little bumps of ketamine are certainly one of life's joys.

High doses of dissos are highly overrated IMO. Keep your dosages low and have a good time, dissos can be crazy if you are not used to the buzz. For me, I seem to have a naturally high tolerance so 75-100 mg lines is what I find to be enjoyable. Holing can be fun, but lower doses have more of a fuzzy, feel-good thing going on, which is what I prefer these days. I wouldn't be scared though, IME, even high doses are over in less than in hour. Ket can be the shit, have fun.

nah ketamine is so much more than that... its the swiss army knife of drugs because it produces so many different effects dependent on dosage.. everything from a little silliness at small dosages to completely altering reality into something else at high dosages... and everything in between...