• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc KAVA Dose

nuube

Bluelighter
After reading a thread on Kava being underrated I got myself some and have made up a concoction.

I've added 30g of good quality Kava root powder to 400 mls of coconut milk, (with some syrup and toffee flavouring to take the edge off the taste!), have blended it well and am now wondering how many mls of liquid do I need to drink?

Also can I just drink the mix or will I really need to strain it?

Many thanks for your advice

Right I just ate about 100 mls or so - it was the consistency of yoghurt and not really bad tasting, a bit numbing on the mouth which as far as I've read is a good thing. I've an empty stomach so hopefully I'll have some benefits from it.

Took another 100 mls or so about 15 mins ago. SO that is about 15g of Vanuatu Kava. Not noticing any effects at present :(

I've always strained mine. From what I've heard, it can cause a good deal more nausea if you don't, plus, if you prepare it well, it's not really necessary. If you want to make sure you squeeze every bit of goodness out of it that you can, you can reuse the kava a few times (just a few, though, after that point there won't really be enough in there to be worth it).

Also, if this is your first time trying kava, you may not actually end up feeling anything. A lot of people have to work through a reverse tolerance with it.

I've always strained mine. From what I've heard, it can cause a good deal more nausea if you don't, plus, if you prepare it well, it's not really necessary. If you want to make sure you squeeze every bit of goodness out of it that you can, you can reuse the kava a few times (just a few, though, after that point there won't really be enough in there to be worth it).

Also, if this is your first time trying kava, you may not actually end up feeling anything. A lot of people have to work through a reverse tolerance with it.

Thanks for the reply. I did get some nausea, but no vomiting. I have a delicate stomach so quite impressed I wasn't ill.

How long does it take to get over the reverse tolerance? Should I be taking it daily or every few days. I had got it for anxiety so when I got an attack I could take it to calm things down as opposed to taking regularly.

Thanks again.

I haven't taken any Kava today but will take the remaining concoction tomorrow hopefully I'll notice something from it.

When I do eventually get effects can I take it when I need it or will I need to take it on a regular basis?

Going to bump this see if anyone has any ideas on how long it takes to over come reverse tolerance?

Will be taking the rest of the mix today and will likely take it all at one go see if that does something.

OK I drank the rest of the Kava/coconut milk concoction. Should have had roughly 15/16 grams of Kava in it. I've had nothing sold from late last night and only coffee today so hopefully will see some effects.

I've been curious about kava and trying it out. Interested to hear your results.

I've been curious about kava and trying it out. Interested to hear your results.

Well its been an hour and 15 mins and no discernible effects can be felt. I have done a bit of reading and best I can tell is if I take a small amount daily for a week or two I should then be able to notice the effects. Not quite the substance I was looking for but I may as well use what I have of it :(

i use 4 tablespoons of root powder then i drink another 2 a half hr to an hour later if i want a strong effect

Sorry for the late reply.
I'd recommend having a small dose (maybe 1 tbsp) every day for a week or so. After that, try bumping it up to 2 or 3 tbsp, and see if you can feel it yet. If not, just keep having small doses daily until you start feeling it. (You may not even need to bump up to 2-3 tbsp to tell if you're past it, you might even feel it a bit on 1 tbsp.)

Once you're past it:
I've found, sometimes, that having a smallish (~2 tbsp) dose early afternoon, then having a larger dose in the later evening, can somewhat potentiate the effects of the later dose. I don't know if there's any legitimate reason for that, but it seemed to work for me.

Sorry for the late reply.
I'd recommend having a small dose (maybe 1 tbsp) every day for a week or so. After that, try bumping it up to 2 or 3 tbsp, and see if you can feel it yet. If not, just keep having small doses daily until you start feeling it. (You may not even need to bump up to 2-3 tbsp to tell if you're past it, you might even feel it a bit on 1 tbsp.)

Once you're past it:
I've found, sometimes, that having a smallish (~2 tbsp) dose early afternoon, then having a larger dose in the later evening, can somewhat potentiate the effects of the later dose. I don't know if there's any legitimate reason for that, but it seemed to work for me.

Thanks for that.