• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Kandy Kid (Bite This)

I think P.L.U.R. is better lived on a moment by moment basis, than argued about here, frivolously.
I suppose if P.L.U.R. is attained then world peace will soon follow.
*raises hand up in a toast-like gesture*
So here is to the realization of P.L.U.R. and then world peace in our lifetime, if not in our idealistic youth.

plur is a sweaty adult sucking on a binky.
god bless amberica
smile.gif

I'm not kandy myself. Honestly, I've haven't yet experienced a real-life bona fide "kandy kid" up close yet (doesn't seem to be much kandy in CT, nor actual "raves" for that matter... all we have are a couple of after-hours.) I wear club clothes when I go out: nice shirt, stretch dress pants, and Kenneth Coles. Contrary to the stigma of my clothing, I am dying to experience a little piece of PLUR, but I think that the few people that have any clue as to what that is look at my attire when I say "What's up" and their guard goes up. To someone who considers themself a true "raver," I probably look like another glam-House asshole, part of the corruption of true raving. All the while, I honestly believe that peace, love, unity, and respect are not impossible.
There are assholes in every subgroup, from kandy to klub. The fact that it's evolved into a kind of class-warfare within the scene is ridiculous. People look at Kandy and think "Man, they gotta cool the fuck out with all that cheerleading," and they get all standoffish. Kandy looks at the standoffish people and sees a need for some good cheerleading. Two sides get on each others nerve and give the other a bad reputation, forgetting that they both come to the same places for basically the same reason.
To hell with the arguments of "We know what the scene really means... you don't!" "No, you don't!" If you're involved in this battle of sides at all, it means you take the scene seriously... and that means something in itself. The other "side" isn't your problem. The major problems are the people who don't know what the fuck any of this means, and they don't care, and they don't want to know you or the other "Side" anyway because they're just too damn cool and you're all just freaks so why don't you just go home. If you have any clue, any opinion or idea of what "the rave community" is or what you think it should be, then you're a part of it. That community was founded on peace, love, unity, and respect... inclusion, not civil war.
"United we stand, divided we fall," and all that other good shit...

Com'on read my post
"The way it needs to be"
------------------
PLUR
"we must be the change
we want to see in the
world" --Gandi

We must not fight among ourselves. the U in PLUR stands for unity. I don't care if you are a cholo, hardcore raver, hippie or a Kandy Kid if you are at a rave I have an unspoken connection and love for and with each and everyone of you. A true raver has a feeling inside, a feeling that the rest of society can't feel yet but w/ a little luck mayby we can bring them into our world. A world where we hear music in our day to day lives, where we see a child and smile at the potential of the unknown greatness he or she has within them, a world of "Peace, Love, UNITY, and Respect". Do you want it to be a world of hatred or a world of understanding?
Larr_E
[email protected]

good gawd, man! this thread was riveting! all these KandyKid, woot da woot question and answer sessions could have been avoided with one Grateful Dead show. you guys were trying to create something that had been born 30 years prior. fascinating read tho