Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Kandy Kid (Bite This)

Robdob

Bluelighter
Peace, Love, Unity, Respect,
You think you are the only ones.
A secrete society within the masses that is
Keepin it real in the underground... : )
Well Bite This and look at what you really cause
Violence, Hate, Seperation, Disrespect.
Don't get me wrong, I AM Generalizing.
But that doesn't let YOU off the hook.
I see YOU in your baggy pants, bracelets and visor, and I know you see me. YOU think that you are the only one who belongs. But if I walked up too you, you couldn't tell me why, yourself, came to the show. A new generation, lost within themselves. What's the DJ lineup? Who is on right now? You have no idea where you are. Can you explain to me who you are? You are not a raver. You are not in love with the music. Your just a just a
kandy kid.

That was one of the nastiest, most ignorant things I've ever read. Get over yourself.
[This message has been edited by RaveAngel (edited 28 June 2001).]

I finally got some emotion... thanks! Nothing personal, just two different kinds of people I see at raves. I really think there is some dysfunction in the PLUR communties. I could easily write something from the other side of this as well. It's what I experience.

umm.. what the fuck? i have never looked at anyone who wasnt a kandy kid and automaticailly hated them.. like the other person said.. get over yourself man.
------------------
-mc WHERE THE FUCK IS MY BINKY?! :)
WARNING! NEVER TRUST BOIS WITH VISORS.
show me the sunshine.. just show me the sunshine. c'mon and give me the sunshine.. just show me the sunshine.
aim: purE x piXiE

mmhmmm....now i see why you were so upset by this candy kid's appreciation for drum & bass- ignorant about sums you and your poem up- by the way- candy is spelled with a "c"
------------------
~*PLUR*~
Nicola
through sub-aquatic basslines and cascading piano rythms we will find the mountains of heaven and gardens of paradise that lie within everyone of us

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" ~Ghandi

Kandy must start somewhere,....
You dont automatically go into a movie and know everyone around you and everyone that is playing in the movie.....you have to see it a couple of times first.
Its all about learning......
smile.gif

/\
|
|
|
|
|
i couldn't have said it better myself.
------------------
E-girl
IM: tiggersgurl2067
The sky isn't always blue, the sun doesn't always shine... it's all right to fall apart... sometimes....
-------Robert Miles

Thanks for all the personal remarks, I didn't know I was writting about all of you guys at the time. "Get over yourself!" thats the message I am putting out. The rave scene has opened the eyes of many people. I, myself, have received comments about how I do not belong at raves based only upon my dress, and that is my reason for this post. Every subculture has people who believe you should be a certain way. In the rave scene I believe that you should love the music and be open to every person and their individual style. I want every one to know that I AM GENERALIZING with this post, but I will not hide the fact that the people I have encountered, who I am writing about in this post, were indeed wearing the candy kid attire. Don't become closed minded to the power of growth in the rave scene. and "K" is for Kandy. Thanks, and sorry if I offended any of you.
[This message has been edited by Robdob (edited 02 July 2001).]

Your explanation of why you wrote that poem is one big huge hypocritical statement.
So, people give you shit for how you dress. And how does that make you feel? Shitty I'm sure, even if you wouldn't like to admit it. Then, knowing how it feels, you turn around and do the SAME EXACT thing to other people. You say you think people should be open to everyone, yet here you are demeaning people for the way they dress. Being "candy" can most certainly be a style of mind, body, and soul. But the term really comes from fashion attire, and as we all know, just because people dress the same, that doesn't mean they're all the same. The reason I took offense to your poem is because I used to be candy. To the max. So I know that A LOT of candy kids aren't like that. You say you want a scene where people can accept one another, yet here you are writing things like this. It doesn't make sense. And so that makes me think that you wrote it just to say something mean, in an attempt to somehow make yourself seem superior. And that is why I told you to get over yourself.
------------------
What difference do you think you can make? One single man in all this madness...?

RaveAngel~~ I did write this to be mean. A lot things wrote here are out of anger and frustration. And I am superior to those people who are like this, candy kid or not. I understand your desire to bash this post, as well as to bash me, due to my rash generalization. I will use greater care in the future. Please note that I used to be Kandy as well.

Im totally with RaveAngel (RIGHT ON!)
I see YOU in your baggy pants, bracelets and visor, and I know you see me. YOU think that you are the only one who belongs. But if I walked up too you, you couldn't tell me why, yourself, came to the show. A new generation, lost within themselves. What's the DJ lineup? Who is on right now? You have no idea where you are. Can you explain to me who you are? You are not a raver. You are not in love with the music. Your just a just a
kandy kid.
I see you as what you are. Not what you wear or how bizarre. You belong as much as me,as we are all a family. We are here to spread the love, to practice the PLUR that we speak of. We love the music, we love the scene, so most of all, we're FAR from mean!
^
|
|
whipped that up real fast 4 all the Kandi Kidz!
biggrin.gif

(dont hate tho man 4real. Not everone is the same. Granted there may be some who are hatefull, & they arent the TRUE kandi kidz at all.)
KANDI KIDZ 4EVA!
smile.gif

~*~HeAtHeR~*~
------------------
PLUR
(((HUggZ)))
www.KandiKid.cjb.net
AIM: Pink Kandi Kid

Here's another quote:
Don't get me wrong, I AM GENERALIZING.
For all those who fail to see and understand, that means that all Candy Kids are not like this. But on the other hand it means that some are. I am sure there are other people at parties that are like this as well, other people that are not dressed in the Candy Kid attire. Fuck those people too. They are the ones that cause this anger.

Chilleth a lil yo. You broght this all on yourself...& I thought you got that. No big deal tho. Here have a (((hugg))) Calm down. It will be otay!
------------------
PLUR
(((HUggZ)))
www.KandiKid.cjb.net

Okay, kids, or guys and girls, or those who have taken personal offense to Rob's post.
He has every right to feel as he does, and express his feelings openly here in words.
Whether you agree or disagree with his views is irrelevent.
It's a good piece and I see some of the truth in it, but I think it is more about youth trying to define itself by adopting a culture it does not truly understand.
If this piece strikes some negative chord within you, and dares you to think about kandy, and what it really all means to you and who you are then I think it has done some good.
I mean, there is nothing wrong with self reflection. It can be an aid and guide to one's personal growth as a human being.
I don't think this piece is disrespectful.
I just think it is honest.
peace
-------------------

Pink Kandy Kid- don’t make yourself look like an idiot trying to defend a phase of your life. the candy kid phase is NOT forever. dont get on bluelight & start shit cause you havent yet realized that plur is unattainable. in a few months, you'll feel like an idiot for ever attempting to defend your state of mind.
------------------
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? - Douglas Adams

This thread is no longer appropriate for the Words forum. There is no reason to, nor justification for, attacking people for their feelings and emotions here. You can make statements of disagreement, but try to use tact, not personal attacks.
If you wish to start a war, please take it to Social or leave it in e-mail.

Never will I feel like an idiot for defending what I believe. If he can come to BL, & write about what he feels, I can write what I feel also. There is NO difference there. In all far fetched reality, PLUR very well may be unattainable. But some people have dreams, hopes, & desires of what MAY be, so dont try to crash that. (please)
~*~HeAtHeR~*~
------------------
PLUR
(((HUggZ)))
www.KandiKid.cjb.net